× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

Fight or Flight
11-05-2020, 03:00 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Sheena

It had been a long trip, to flee from where she had been to wherever it was she was no. Uncertain if it was even safe here if she would be followed here as well and have to flee from Roman once more. Sure at first he had seemed kind, but after she urged her daughter to flee he had turned cruel. Her once pristine pelt was now riddled with scars, for she had not just sat back and taken it. No, she was strong, fierce, and stubborn. She had fought back, and now her pelt held the trophies.... memories of those fights. Swift pace carried the proud female into these strange lands, only when she was a way in did she slow enough to notice the mountains that rose up in the distance and the small brook that flowed through the lands. It was there she headed, intending to sate her thirst and head off once more.

So much had changed from when she was young in her birthlands, so much pain and suffering. Yet despite it, the spark of defiance still remained in her dark brown eyes. Beaten, but not broken. Slowly she moved, crossing the flattened land and halting at the edge of the brook. Her front paws dipped into the water to cool them before her head lowered and tongue lapped at the cool water. Even now she was alert, listening for the sounds of another's approach.

"Speech here"

11-06-2020, 06:34 PM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 11-07-2020, 09:08 PM by Minerva.)
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Ivy

The lush grass was damp on her paws as she moved across the land. Her plum gaze scanned her surroundings, alert as she searched for even the faintest signs of prey. Her stomach rumbled hungrily and briefly Minerva tried to remember the last time she had had a decent meal. She had been so primarily focused on making it here, to a new land, that she hadn't really focused on eating. And then of course when her path had become tangled with Barnabas' she had become even more distracted. But now her thirst and hunger rose to an alarming height and so the woman was on a quest for water and food. Her strides lengthened, paws leaving large indents in the moist ground behind her as she made her way closer to the sounds of bubbling water. A welcome sound to her cupped ears as she moved, until the scent of another caused her to pause for half a second. A woman, stranger, and she was close. Tentatively Minerva surged onward but she did not hold fear only mild curiosity. Eventually the site of the dual-toned woman came into view to which Minerva let out a soft chuff. She didn't want to startle her as she drank and so she alerted her to her presence. "Pardon my intrusion.. I hope you don't mind some company." Her words came out soft as she moved towards the left side of the lady. There was still a respectable distance between them just in case, after all they were both strangers nonetheless.

@Brighid

""

WARNING: MINERVA IS RATED M FOR MATURE. BARNABAS ALSO HAS THE RIGHT TO ENTER ANY OF MINERVA'S THREADS.
11-06-2020, 06:48 PM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 06:59 PM by Brighid.)
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Sheena

It was not long before the silence that had stretched as she drank was interrupted by the sound of anothers chuff, a call and warning that they were there. She did not flinch, did not jump but simply raised her scarred face from the brooks surface. Dark brown eyes lifted, locking onto the darker female as she stood several feet away, a respectable distance she idly noted. Which lead her to believe the other did not want trouble right away, that was not to say that the other was safe. Ears perked as the other spoke, apologizing for interrupting her and the manners instilled in her insisted she respond.

Shaking her head slightly she shifted, pushing up slightly from her crouched state to face the female head-on. It was only then that she noticed their size differences, though no outward reaction was given. Inwardly she was surprised to see a female so large, nearly the size of a male. Oh wait that was right, she had spoken and was expecting a response. "Company would be nice.. actually." She could smell no trace of Roman so perhaps the other female was safe after all? "I am Brighid Maat, you are?" She questioned softly, politely. It was one thing that had changed from her life when she was younger, now she was more polite than she had been back then.

"Speech Here"
Design by Sheena, Ref by ale-tie, code by naboo

@Minerva

11-08-2020, 01:41 PM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 01:41 PM by Minerva.)
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Ivy

'Company would be nice.. actually.' The woman responded and Minerva nodded then, taking her place a few paces down from the lady as she too lowered her muzzle to take a long drink from the pool of water. Immediately it was refreshing and she realized just how long it had been since she had actually drank. She was not sure for how long she sat drinking but it felt like an eternity. Eventually she raised her head once more, turning her plum gaze to lock eyes with the stranger. An apologetic half-smile sent in her direction. 'I am Brighid Maat, you are?' A lovely name it was, and she was lovely wasn't she? She was larger than most lionesses but not nearly as large as herself, Minerva was painfully aware of how she hovered above others. But this woman, was a beauty in her own right. Minerva found the scars delicately littered across her pelt told a story, this woman was a survivor and that was to be admired by others. Or at least that was what she thought. "A lovely name, that is. I am Minerva." She said to her softly, her gaze still locked onto her face. "Are you from here? I myself only just arrived days ago.." She offered to her in case she should be hesitant to share her own story. Minerva had no ill intentions here and at least she hoped Brighid could sense that.

@Brighid

""

WARNING: MINERVA IS RATED M FOR MATURE. BARNABAS ALSO HAS THE RIGHT TO ENTER ANY OF MINERVA'S THREADS.
11-08-2020, 04:03 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Sheena

Once she had received conformation that Brighid would not mind the company of another – infact she welcomed it – the darker female moved to get a drink from the brook as well. She waited patiently as ever, though her gaze did drift from the darker female and off to some unknown point in the distance. Mind drifting as it often had these days, a coping mechanisim was her guess, drifting off to her thoughts to escape a reality she did not want to accept. It wasnt long before the other spoke once again, snapping from whatever thoughts had overtaken her mind. Dark brown gaze shifted towards the darker one once more, her head turning with it and she offered a soft smile in response to the compliment of her name. "Thank you, it is a pleasure to meet you Minerva." She liked that name, it was nearly as unique as her own name.

Minervas gaze did not unnerve her, for she was not ashamed of her scars. Instead, she met the others gaze evenly, before glancing away at the question. "No this is not my home, yet. I am from somewhere far away. I too only arrived days ago." She answered honestly, glancing back towards Minerva during her sentence. Momma taught her to look at those she was talking to after all. "What do you think about these lands so far? I have not explored far I must admit."

"Speech Here"

@Minerva

11-09-2020, 06:08 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Ivy

'Thank you, it is a pleasure to meet you Minerva. No this is not my home, yet. I am from somewhere far away. I too only arrived days ago.' She nodded her head then in agreement as she listened to Brighid speak. It seemed that they had something in common given that they were both strangers to this place. 'What do you think about these lands so far? I have not explored far I must admit.' Brighid announced and Minerva flicked her tail once, idly on the ground behind her. "I think there is plenty to be seen here.. each place is unique in it's own way.. though personally the forest has become my favorite place to venture." She offered to Brighid while pausing for a moment. "It can be rather quiet and a little daunting .. but it is so beautiful there." She said softly, a small smile present all the while. "Is there anywhere you think you will stick around?" Surely she's met others, maybe she would be drawn to a specific area and if she was Minerva could find her again, to pay her another visit in the future.

@Brighid

""

11-09-2020, 06:33 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Sheena

I think there is plenty to be seen here.. each place is unique in it's own way.. though personally the forest has become my favorite place to venture. Brighid listened as Minvera offered up her opinion on the lands, places she hadnt seen as of yet. Thus far she had visited here and the lake but that was it, not that she minded. She was happy to hang about wherever she was, it wasnt as though she had anywhere to be or anyone to report to. She was totally and utterly alone, as depressing as that was. It can be rather quiet and a little daunting .. but it is so beautiful there. Brighid offered her a soft smile at that, quiet sounded nice. But she was never one for woods, too crowded in her opinion. She preferred seeing her enemies coming. "Quiet sounds nice, but forest are much too crowded for me."

Perhaps it was the enemy's thing or simply because she was so used to open spaces. Like a crater or desert. Is there anywhere you think you will stick around? Was there anywhere she would thick around? She did not have to ponder long, in fact, she knew the answer as soon as Minerva asked it. "Either the lake, or a desert if there is one." Living in a desert wasn't for everyone, but she felt comfortable there, happy almost. "Do you plan on living in the forest?" She would like to see Minvera again, as she enjoyed her company. It was pleasant and much better than talking to herself.

"Speech Here"

@Minerva