Lion of Prideless
Played by Twesh

His gut reaction was to shake his head - no. They were not here. But something caught him up and part way through a shake of his large dark head he looked thoughtful. He knew of none, none had come with him. But the same was true of her... and well fate was weird sometimes. It did like to provide a boon every so often if only to ensure it had ways to mess you up further down the road. "Well I guess- they might be? Shit if you're here I wouldn't put it past anyone else to show up." For the first time Verm sounded a little bit like his old self, that healthy dose of snark as he surmised maybe the world was conspiring to make him look the fool here? Seeing Wokabi in the flesh, his child, he thought maybe it was selfish to get hopeful that others would end up here? That he might have his family back around him. "-do you know where your mother is?" No situation he fathomed in his mind seemed to be complete without her there. However joyful he dared to let himself get he did not reach the heights he did when he imagined Brighid. Was the saying not absence makes the heart grow fonder?

Her request was so simple and it would surely bring Verm joys he hadn't felt in a long time. Joys he'd tried to wrestle out of every avenue he could and was denied at each turn. The large lion reclined onto his rear and as he sat he leaned over and aimed to brush his muzzle along the top of her skull. "Wokabi." His voice fluttered, her name seemed almost forbidden. "I can't ever make up for the time we lost together. I can promise a future together, if you're willing to give me the chance to be your father." A yes in theory but woven tightly into a thread of doubt, of guilt, that had plagued Vermillion since the start of their reunion. He knew in his heart he did not deserve the second chance to be a parent to her, he couldn't ask that of her unless it was what she wanted. And selfishly he needed to hear it; he needed to know beyond all the doubt that ravaged his mind.

@Wokabi