× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

Lone wanderer
11-05-2020, 01:42 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Junior Member
Played by Gunner

Tintalle would follow suit in takin’ a seat, keepin’ a comfortable distance away from him as she done so. He was a bit relieved to see that this lioness wasn’t one that tried to be overbearin’, tryin’ to get as close to him as physically possible and goin’ on and on and on, speakin’ ten words a second ‘bout things he necessarily didn’t care much for. But the male was a gentleman and let those females do so, and once it was time to leave he took his leave quicker than a herd of turtles. But havin’ the company of Tintalle wasn’t one he was tryin’ to scurry away from. Nay, so far it was refreshin’.

He’d give a bob of his head at her reply, golden eyes brushin’ over her to take a moments time to really observe her features. She looked about the same age as he was, but Lucien couldn’t be for sure and he definitely wasn’t goin’ to ask a lady what her age was. She would dive into her next response, luckily, and the dun man would let out a simple ‘Ah’ in reply. She she wasn’t a native but she didn’t just arrive, either. "Find any spots that ya’ like most?" It was a nice feelin’ to have already found the piece of land he were sure he’d spend lots of time at, if not live ‘round for the time bein’.

"Howdy"

@Tintalle

11-05-2020, 06:17 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ithilien
Played by Nova

Tintallë

Perhaps with her family she might've been more of a chatterbox, especially in her younger year but with strangers she just felt like they wouldn't want to hear it. More conscious about how she was perceived on a first impression than anything thus forcing her to only speak what was necessary. All while trying to keep the conversation going, at least, thoughs he felt she was failing at that, too. Luckily for her, he was adept at doing so and she was thankful for that. Yeah, yeah I have. she answers, kind of delighted to share her own passion with him even if she had no claim to it. There's this meadow - a Glade, really - that's filled with the prettiest lavender flowers. It's kind of a surprise because it's nestled within this thick woodland. A surprise that she'd unraveled when she'd gotten lost in the woodlands but now she could find it with ease.

table by ferus, image from unsplash

@Lucien

11-05-2020, 08:36 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Junior Member
Played by Gunner

A silent and absorbent listener he'd become as she spoke of a meadow she had taken a likin' to. Watchin' as her facial expression seemed to match her excitement 'bout talkin' of a meadow with lavender flowers, Lucien couldn't help but feel his warm smile grow ever more. So, she did find what she was lookin' for, even when she wasn't lookin'. He wondered if she knew that herself, but decidin' on not mentionin' it and instead bobbin' his head to show that he was listenin' to her. "Sounds like a lovely place, Miss Tintalle. Not a lot of people know this 'bout me, but I like t' enjoy the aromas of flowers every now an' again." It was true what they said 'bout how it was easier to open up to strangers than those that you know. The dun lion wasn't sure how many others knew about that secret, either. Maybe only his ex wife? Lucien couldn't quite remember.

Ah, well.

"What 'bout family, Tintalle? " Another switch of topic, perhaps to keep the conversation from growin' stagnant. Lucien would be lyin' if he said he wasn't enjoyin' the company of the lioness, though. It was nice to be able to not have to worry 'bout what he was goin' to say or how he needed to say it; at least, it didn't seem like he had to watch. The woman hadn't given him any external ques that told him that he was doin' a bad job at conversin' and that was what he was goin' off of. "Is it just you here? Or did ya' come with family?" Maybe she was apart of a large pride, maybe she was stickin' with her relatives. Or, maybe, she was alone just like he was.

"Howdy"

@Tintalle

11-05-2020, 09:35 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ithilien
Played by Nova

Tintallë

The Glade was the perfect place for her and it always tended to make her feel a lot more centered. If she ever needed a pick me up or to feed less alone, that was the place she went to. If she could, she'd share it with the whole world so that they'd know what it felt like to feel safe and at ease. Perhaps it was just the Lavender's medicinal properties at play but she saw it as so much more. Then I suggest you go find that Glade when you can! It's pretty overpowering but very nice, you'd probably be leaving with a sore nose and the scent traveling with you for miles but she suspected you'd feel a lot better than when you arrived.

Me? Oh no. I left my brothers and parents behind. Tintalle loved them all dearly but she had something else in mind for her future. She didn't want to live, breathe and die by the pride that her parents had been in for more years than they could count. Tin wanted her own life somewhere else and from the looks of things, this was it. She'd stumbled across a place that was different and full of neat surprises. Just me, then. I doubt any of them will leave home. They're rather attached to that place where as I wanted adventure outside. Though, that left the possibility that perhaps he was searching for the same thing. Do you have family here?Or are you new, somewhat like me?

@Lucien

11-05-2020, 11:37 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Junior Member
Played by Gunner

"I just might have t' do that. Is it hard t' find? Or will the scent of lavender lead the way?" He couldn't remember the last time he was 'round flowers - or anything that smelled pleasant, for that matter. Lucien would make a mental note to make some time to visit the place she described, perhaps once he was finished takin' the time to fully explore the Steppe. When Tintalle started to reply to his question 'bout whether or not she came with family, all his attention would be given to her once more. So she were here on her own, as well. And to hear that she wanted adventure and wasn't sure if her family would ever leave the place they call home was somethin' Lucien himself could relate to. Although it wasn't with blood relatives, a lot of the members of the posse he used to be apart of was sure comfortable with where they lived and not wantin' to see the bigger things in the world. So, one day he decided that he would do what he always wanted and left his homeland to find somethin' bigger and better.

The dun man's question would be reciprocated, bobbin' his head as part of his answer. "Naw, no family. I left t' find some greener pastures." It was somethin' that he thought he'd never do, leave everythin' he new to start over. But with what was happenin' in his life as of late, he thought it was as good a time as any to take off and start somethin' new, somethin' fresh

"Howdy"

@Tintalle

11-05-2020, 11:58 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ithilien
Played by Nova

Tintallë

Lucien Hanover was a curious fellow that talked quite strangely compared to her but she was enjoying it. At the very least, she was pleased that she understood it and it wasn't some other language. Just some slang, perhaps. A drawl to his words that she'd never quite heard before but it was nice. Had a homey kind of feel to it and the baritone of it was all the more comforting. Mmm. It might be a little hard to find? The woodland is very dense but I'm sure once you're close enough the scent will lead you there. She had stumbled upon it completely by accident but now that she knew what she was looking for it wasn't hard to track down.

As for greener pastures, she couldn't help small chuckle flow past her lips. Humored by his response when connected with his love for the Steppe. I think you're looking for the phrase dustier pastures? She smiled, turning her head to him in the hopes that he understood her joke and wouldn't take it the wrong way. She wasn't hating on his love for this place but if he was looking for greenery, this wasn't the place and Tintalle could point him to several other locations that had just that.

@Lucien

11-06-2020, 12:51 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Junior Member
Played by Gunner

A rumblin' chuckle would be released at her correction of his terminology, head bobbin' in agreement. "I s'pose yer right," he replied, chucklin' still. Ah, it was a relief that Tintalle was seemin' to be an alright companion to have as company. He wasn't feelin' bored or as if he needed to make their encounter short. And havin' her jest with him was seemingly nice. "But I guess t' me it's green since I've lived most my life on lands like these." Slowly would Lucien bring himself to stand, stretchin' out his muscles a bit and lettin' himself shake out his thick, black mane. Tail would flick to the side and his overgrown claws would create shallow indents in the dried ground, golden gaze goin' back and forth from the lioness to their scenery and back again.

"Mind if we walk?" Even though he did nothin' but walk the past several days, somethin' inside him couldn't wait to explore more of the flatland. Large paws would begin to carry him forward in a slow gait, Lucien half expectin' Tintalle to instead take this time to make her exit. He wouldn't feel hurt if she did, he didn't want to take up her time if she had somethin' better to do.

"Howdy"

@Tintalle

11-06-2020, 01:30 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ithilien
Played by Nova

Tintallë

The goliath grey was pleased to have found someone who was so pleasant to talk to. She didn't feel pressured, pushed or forced and certainly didn't feel intimidated. Both of her brothers had always had a habit of making her feel pretty uncomfortable in any setting but they were practical jokers at best who never took anything seriously. Perhaps that was where she got her small attempts at humor from and dared not go for bigger, more harmful jokes. I can see that. She agreed, understanding that it was green by means of it was "beautiful" to him. A place that deserved the admiration that people put behind greener pastures.

As he lifted to stand, she wondered if maybe she'd said something wrong or gone too far but with some luck, he made sure to alleviate her doubt. Twisting to her and inviting her to go on a walk with him. to which she nodded her head. Sure, a walk would be nice and would give her a great chance to see more of the Steppe and to see Lucien's face light up even more as they walked and admired this land he seemed so keen on getting to know.

@Lucien

11-07-2020, 02:59 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Junior Member
Played by Gunner

Havin’ her continued company would cause for Lucien to let out a rumble of satisfaction. His first friend in this new land. Or at least he felt like he could call Tintalle a friend. Even though they had just met, the dun lion had a feelin’ that the two of them would create a blossoming’ friendship. And, to him, it was better to find a choice few that would make close friends than havin’ many friends that he wasn’t all that close to.

The two would walk in silence for a little while, and Lucien was not upset about it. He would observe the land as they walked, large paws grippin’ the rough terrain and steppin’ over rocks every now and again. Eyes would flicker here and there, occasionally glancin’ over toward Tintalle to see if she was still followin’. "So, Miss Tintalle," a brief pause as he gave her a sideways glance, ”do ya’ have anythin’ planned for what ya’ want t’ do here in Aesseldar?" Perhaps she wanted to just enjoy the thrill of explorin’ on her own, or perhaps she wanted to find a place to settle down?

"Howdy"

@Tintalle

11-08-2020, 01:32 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ithilien
Played by Nova

Tintallë

More than anything, she was pleased that he was a comforting individual. Tintalle didn't feel pressured by him to make any sort of impression or forced into any sort of conversation that bared heavy weight. They were making casual small talk that felt, well, like they'd been old friends for several years. She found a quiet calm in his presence as they strolled through the Steppe. A place she wasn't quite certain was her style or suited to her needs, but she could appreciate it through his eyes. The grandeur that he saw could be seen simply by seeing his own glee.

Tintalle made sure to walk carefully beside him and watched what was in front of her carefully. She wasn't clumsy by any means but nobody wanted to trip and fall. Honestly hadn't thought about it. I know winter is just around the corner... realized a little too late that leaving behind my family's pride when I did wasn't the best move. Alas, she wasn't about to turn around and admit defeat to them. She was going to be on her own through the easy and the hard. She'd somehow shown them that she could make it on her own wherever she wanted because she was free to do as she pleased. What about you? Is the Steppe your place to be?

@Lucien