Rex of Ignis Empire
Played by Fess

Contact resounds beneath the pads and claws of his front paw, vibration shuttering up the lower portion of the limb as a result of the force and reverberation. There is a muted satisfaction, dulled only by the knowledge of just whose flesh was impacted.

Hunter is uncertain if it is his own words, Byrn's words, scent, or some other factor that triggers understanding in his brother. Whatever it is however, it came just in time. And as Severin ceases his attack and pulls back Hunter hisses in a shuddering breath between clenched jaws for a moment and moves a step back as well.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Through the maw. Try not to smell it. Not for another minute or so. Force the tension to bleed out of muscles. Force paws to relax and claws to withdraw. Breathe. Calm. He allows the headbutt, ironically the familiar gesture causing more muscles to relax rather than stiffen.

He laughs a soft, slightly breathy laugh at his brother's words. "Was that a 'What the fuck hunter!? Or a ' What the fuck? Hunter?" he had to ask teasingly. Because honestly, either way it was a valid question (s). Brows arch high at the teasing comment and he tosses Bryn a 'do you hear this?' glance and teasing flash of teeth before looking to Severin again.

"Come now, you know how creative I can be! I always manage to figure something out." Hunter had always been pretty damn good at stalking and hunting for his age, and he had gotten much, much better at it during his time alone.

"Things got to boring without me?" he quipped, humor in his gaze as he looked between his two siblings with a faint but honest spark of fondness. Had they TRIED to follow him, or just gotten lucky?

@Séverin @Bryn

code by corvus