Knight of Ignis Empire
Played by Rico

The stranger earned a degree of admiration from Salvador with the way he handled the realization that his initial observation had been incorrect. There had been only the shifting of posture, perhaps an easing of his initial bravado, but otherwise he seemed otherwise unphased and willing to continue their conversation regardless. Salvador envied his composure but was glad for the company and would still take the earlier compliment to heart even if it no longer applied. He didn’t mind being pretty, there were worse things.

The scholar’s gaze flicked back to their topography as the stranger illustrated on his own misgivings about this lush and exotic locale. It relieved him to hear the stranger confirm that his misfortune was not completely without substance, and the lion wondered if his trailing question was rhetorical or not. “Well, I for one hope your luck stays with you. I imagine, if one were used to such terrain, this forest could be abundant and rich, but it probably doesn’t behave kindly towards the novice or ill prepared.” He replied thoughtfully, his drifting gaze returning in an effort to meet the others apricot eyes, a faint smile still lingering across his masked façade, as he was poking fun at his own misadventure with the eggs.

The blue-toned stranger returned the courtesy of introduction easily, and Salvador inclined his muzzle in acknowledgment of the introduction but said nothing as the other was speaking again. This time of hunting, and for a moment, the lion felt a sense of dismay and excitement war within him at his proposal. “That sounds lovely, only I--” The sense of hesitation was clear in his tenor, and his ears slicked backwards against his skull before pushing forward again. “I would be happy to join you, Mattias, but I am not being humble when I say I make a poor hunter.” He explained, his masked expression carefully neutral—he surprised himself by how much he cared to admit this. Usually, this was a thing he had no qualms discussing. “I am very good at flushing out prey, though, if you’d like help that way.” He added after a pause, a dry little half-smile wrinkling his cheek as he considered the other and wondered what Mattias might make of his contribution.