Cub of Prideless
Played by Rico

His volley was not what she had expected but hit a little too close to the truth for her to be entirely comfortable; she had barely acknowledged that she was “lost”, after all it wasn’t her fault that these cold, snowy plains stretched infinitely in all directions. This place was clearly designed to entice unsuspecting lions or lionesses into its grasp by using innocuous looking snowbanks that one can jump into or dense peaceful-seeming snowfalls that one can frolic under… only then to swallow its victims whole and erase all sense of direction so they can never leave. Demetra’s eyes narrowed, golden depths glinting stubbornly, and her tail twitched behind her in both anxiety and agitation. “It wasn’t like I thought it would be like this,” She protested, skirting evasively around the smaller lion’s question as she gestured with lifted chin to their snowy environment.

Alain. “Demetra,” She answered pithily, her earlier fervor replaced by curiosity as she tilted her skull to peer at the smaller feline. Alain. This was the first time the young teen had encountered another of her species that she was unrelated to – at least as far as she could remember. Him having his own name made him more relatable (in that she was now 90% sure he wasn’t a snow monster/minion), but more foreign as well. She knew families outside of her and Mother existed but to realize this in the flesh was a new experience altogether. It helped that he seemed good company: the awkward smile that emerged onto his expression was recognized only as being quick and easily given, and his continued speech carried their conversation forward without Demetra having to say much as she reoriented what she knew about her current reality. She wondered if she was glad to have encountered another like herself, or if she was simply surprised. Probably both.

One facet of his words that she immediately attached herself to was his reassurance that he knew the way out, and for a moment her expression illuminated with hope – only for him to explain that this path to freedom was not immediately available and they had to wait to take it. Her brows furrowed again, and a frown pulled at her mouth as her tail resumed its anxious, agitated coiling. “I suppose so, but waiting doesn’t seem very nice… this place gets even worse at night.” She grumbled reluctantly, her golden eyes darting away from the other to glare unhappily at their surroundings before a resigned sigh pressed from her lungs in a puff of white mist as her gaze moved back to him. “Do we have to go somewhere specific? I only want to go where its warmer. I don't care where.” She asked him then, wondering if his assistance would be dependent on her knowing where she was going. She hoped not, but she was confident she could make up a place if absolutely necessary.

@Alain