× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

Something Tragic About You
12-02-2020, 03:11 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by ResidentRowan

Mari was basking in the sunlight along the beach. The lioness was almost indistinguishable from certain angles from the sands below and around her body. She was laying semi upright, not tempting fate with an exposed belly. The cream lioness did have her back turned from the upper beach, staring out into the sea with her matching set of eyes. The woman had not yet gotten far in the water, worried someone may catch her looking less than desirable. She simply dipped her toes into the curling foam. Her mane still looked as prim and proper as it normally would, her braids recently rebraided, and fur recently bathed.

Her orbs stared at the horizon line, wondering what lay beyond, what distant new lands she had yet to explore, although she hadn’t explored this one much. The woman was always drawn to the sea, no matter where she and her crew went. The lioness wondered if her caretakers had seen this in her as a young cub, and named her for such, she’d never asked the story of her name. Though, she didn’t even know who named her, to be fair. The ocean continued to soothe her, and her mind wandered, though she loved the ocean, it was always nice to have someone to experience it with, whether a new or old friend.
speech
something so magic about you
manip by ResidentRowan(me) | code by twesh

12-21-2020, 06:36 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by KittyKookiez

He hadn't noticed her at first, for she seemed to blend into the golden and pale sandy beach. It was a rare day; a thin layering of clouds allowed most of the morning sunlight to gleam through, and so the beach was nearly at its full, glistening glory. Nearly. Winter had its own opinions on what beauty looked like, far different from Summer.

When he did notice her, the lion was tempted to leave her alone, to let her enjoy the shore on her own. But then he thought he could probably find out about some nearby prides from her...and besides, who likes to be alone? Maybe she didn't want to be alone.

“Ah, excuse me, Miss...” he said low enough not to startle her. The air around them was rather quiet. His head hung slightly low so as not to seem imposing, and his tail remained pointed towards the sand, “Are you in want of company? If not, I can just go,” his voice, naturally soft, sounded even more unintruding.

@Marisol

12-21-2020, 06:56 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by ResidentRowan

Though she now had to share the beach with someone, Marisol wasn’t angry. She loved being around lions, and getting to know them. The beach was definitely large enough to fill with many lions, and had they been there, she’d want to at least greet every one. So, when she heard his voice, her ear twitched and she turned her head around to look at him. Though, she did not stand, staying in her position along the shore. He was pretty, she noticed. Not quite like other males where they looked hardened, but sort of softer looking. Upon first impression, he seemed fairly sweet, what with speaking in that quiet voice to her and all.

He was not much bigger than her, it seemed, and she found this comforting. Everyone else she’d met so far was taller than her, most of them by quite a lot. She smiled at him, before speaking, “certainly! There’s enough room for both of us.” Her voice was smooth, having many accents twisted into it, and yet still coming out so clearly. Her voice was also spoken in a low tone, as not to interrupt the waves which came to rest at her paws. Though normally she would flirt with someone almost immediately, she felt no need to. Unless he was from that second pride she’d yet to meet anyone from, he was a rogue, like her, she really had nothing to gain but amusement from flirting with him. She already found herself in quite a good mood.

speech
@Jessie

12-26-2020, 10:08 PM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 12-26-2020, 10:10 PM by Jessie.)
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by KittyKookiez

Oh! It made him smile to know his company was welcomed. It was enough for him to lay down in a similar position to hers, a good handful of feet away out of respect and necessary caution. Their positions would almost mimic each other's, with his paws facing the waves--the only difference was that he let his stomach out free.

“I'm Jessie,” he said in a friendly tone, pink eyes looking to her. That was when a thought crossed his mind. He hadn't seen many lions in a while, and he'd certainly not talked to them about a strange phenomenon he saw. The mountains...they didn't always look like that. After a moment of thought, he decided to speak on it, “Are you aware of what happened in this land a few months ago? There used to be a whole row of mountains, unemposed, probably unconquered. But then there was a massive rumbling sound, and...a whole mountain disappeared,” it sounded silly, saying it out loud, but it happened... He wasn't there to witness it. But he had passed those mountains before, saw how never-ending they looked. And after that rumble, there was suddenly a passageway. A passageway that allowed him to get through.

Still, if she found the story to be too absurd, then she probably wouldn't want to hear the details of it.

@Marisol

12-26-2020, 11:39 PM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 12-26-2020, 11:39 PM by Marisol.)
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by ResidentRowan

Her body shifted slightly to turn towards him a bit more. A part of her had wished he had sat just a tad closer to her. It was rare for her to have a chance to flirt with someone completely for fun, without the thought of information in the back of her mind.

As his eyes met hers, they crinkled in the corners, “Marisol.” She introduced herself simply. Mari hadn’t been in the lands for too long, but long enough, it seemed. She’d felt the quake that day, resting near some of the other crewmates. It had given her a bit of a fright, being in a den and all. But the shaking had ceased quite quickly. At his mention of the event, her head tilted, “I felt the event happen, but hadn’t paid much attention to the mountains…” she admitted, ear flicking a bit. Her eyes rested back on his pink one. Quite opposites, the color of their eyes. She blended into the beach, while he looked more the color of twilight.

It was troubling, to hear of a whole mountain falling, “I hope that the lands are ok… I’d like to settle here perhaps. So if the quakes continue… that’s troubling.” She did look genuinely curious, though, and hoping for the opportunity to flatter this fellow, and so she waited for his next words.

speech
@Jessie

12-30-2020, 07:00 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by KittyKookiez

I forgot my own character had an accent! D:< Okay just assume I mentioned he had a Romanian accent in one of my previous posts lol

Marisol. It was a rather pretty name for a pretty lioness. He thought of expressing this idea to her, but worry tickled at his throat and warned him not to say a peep. He immediately pushed back all the bad scenarios that could happen just out of saying those words, and distracted himself with the relief that she, too, had experienced the rumbling.

Encouraged by her affirmation, he continues, “There was another quake, about a month ago. Not nearly as strong as the one that caused the mountain to fall, but certainly strong enough to warrant investigating. I was too far away, though. By the time I had the freedom to go there, days later, whatever had happened already passed,” he wasn't exactly sure why he was telling her all this, but it didn't look like she minded. Pink, soft eyes take a glance at her, one ear folding as he does so, then he looks to the tides, “It was actually--” he says, suddenly curling half his body upwards to look behind him “--somewhere just North of here, which is where I heard some of the rumbling. I couldn't pinpoint the exact location,” he was hoping for answers, thinking that maybe she might hold some of the missing pieces to the puzzle he was trying to put together.

If she had anything she wanted to say, he'd give her plenty of time to before speaking again, “Aside from the quakes, I kind of like this land too... It seems healthy, for the most part, teeming with life at every corner. I'm looking to settle down somewhere around here, too. But I'd rather not be by myself,” he hoped, if not about the quakes, if she knew anything about any prides in need of another member.

@Marisol

12-30-2020, 05:05 PM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 01-02-2021, 05:09 AM by Marisol.)
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by ResidentRowan

Marisol continued to smile at him, unaware of his internal monologue. Of course she wondered if he found her attractive. She was interested in knowing that all the time. Wondering if others thought she was as good looking as she knew she was.

But he continued on, and she listened, full attention on him. He talked a lot, but Mari liked to listen, so it was no problem to her. A pause before the pirate spoke, “I don’t quite remember that quake, to be fair, must have been sleeping.” Which may have been true, or maybe not, she simply couldn’t remember the smaller quake. Perhaps she had been too far to hear or feel it. As he turned, she glanced in that direction, pausing as she thought of the areas she’d been that were north. She spoke, “Well, there’s a desert, rainforest, and then a mountain north of here… in that order mind you. I’ve only seen the rainforest on foot, though.” She hoped this would help him figure out where it had been.

Her eyes gleamed mischievously at his last line, “is that an invitation?” She spoke, a small smirk playing on her lips. Looking into his pink eyes in an intense way. She would lean in, “I’ll have you know I’m a lady, you must court me first.” Before she slowly leaned back from him to answer what he was really asking, “I know of one pride. I’m a rogue myself, but there is Ignis, on the lake, I have some new acquaintances there.” Both the princes she’d met from the pride were extremely flirty. Both without a doubt interested in her, but currently she was happy to play hard to get. They seemed like they were up for the chase, after all.

speech
@Jessie

01-02-2021, 08:10 AM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 01-03-2021, 10:52 PM by Jessie.)
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by KittyKookiez

'Well, there's a desert, rainforest, and then a mountain north of here...' she said, and he thought about how'd he'd passed the desert on his way here, but only briefly glimpsed the rainforest. As for the mountains, well, he never actually explored on top of them, but came in via the opening, where the mountain had been. Perhaps he should visit the mountains more in-depth, “Maybe I should visit the mountains sometime,” he repeated his thoughts aloud for her to hear, “Thanks.”

He looked to her when she spoke of an invitation, the sudden intensity in her eyes surprising the romanian man and causing his ears to fold backwards, but he dare not look away, “Oh,” he said almost dumbfoundedly, lips curling to form the 'o' as the sound is made. The fur on his pelt prickles with an unusual feeling as she leans in. It was a feeling he both recognized and still found unfamiliar, a soft fluttering in his chest and jolt of energy throughout his body. This one in particular was not as strong as other moments, where the situation was more intense, or he was with a girl he knew, but it was still there nonetheless. He found himself unable to move, as if something would get him if he did, and he stayed like that, staring at her with doe eyes for what felt like a long time. Only a single moment had passed in reality.

He stared at her a little longer, even after she'd already leaned back and began to talk about the pride she knew. It was only when she finished speaking did the man find the will to look away from her. His ears rose and he focused back on the shifting tides, trying not to look at her. Should...should he say something about what just happened? Was there something she wanted him to do?

“Um, I've never heard of Ignis before,” he could practically feel the disappointment coming from her and himself already, pelt prickling with embarrassment, I don't know what else to do! “I've been staying rather close to the north eastern territories...they remind me of home,”

Goodbye colored text!

01-03-2021, 10:12 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by ResidentRowan

Mari smiled kindly, “you’re welcome.” She said simply. But what came next was both cute and funny to her. His absolute nervousness and inability to speak from her simple flirting. A bubble of giggles rose up in her breast. After a few moments, the sound released, eyes closed as she laughed. She stopped after several moments, “I’m sorry! I’m not laughing at you… that was just very… cute.” Her laughter subsided as she looked at him with a smile playing upon her maw. Hoping he’d take it as a compliment. Some lions hated when the word cute was used, but it was the closest descriptor she could think of.

As he continued to speak, he did not address what had happened. Poor man, he must not be used to others flirting with him. She couldn’t imagine why. He was both cute and handsome. Jessie seemed to have a nice personality too. So far he’d been nothing but genuine and kind to her. A perfect gentleman, really. Why wouldn’t someone flirt with him? She pondered this as he finished speaking. Speaking of home. A pang of sadness came from her heart. Home. Though she loved her crew mates, she’d never really had one. She supposed they were her home. But it wasn’t the same. If anything, they were her family, and they'd never needed a home. She just wished she could say something of hers in moments like these.

Instead she spoke softly, no longer sounding as flirtatious. “I’ve been traveling since I was a babe… I’ve never had a home really… What was your’s like?” Her eyes mirrored the ocean as she looked at his pink ones. Pausing and waiting for his response.

speech
@Jessie

01-03-2021, 11:34 PM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 01-03-2021, 11:40 PM by Jessie.)
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by KittyKookiez

If a lion could blush, he'd be doing exactly that right now. The laughing, at first, was taken the wrong way. Jessie knew he was terrible at hiding his emotions, especially towards females, and he realized she must be laughing at his absolute ineptitude. Ears fold downwards and he watches sheepishly as her giggles turn to laughs. He's not...weak-willed, per se. Wouldn't up and leave at this alone. It was simply a reminder, from his perspective, that he needed to get better, and he did not judge her for finding the situation funny.

But after she was done, the confession was made that she was not laughing at him. Moreso, it was a declaration that she was enjoying her time with him. This made his ears perk back up and his head rise just a little, “Oh,” there it is again, that same 'o' shape of his maw when he speaks, except this time, there a small smile to replace it. Relieved that it wasn't a moment of ridicule, Jessie feels more at ease opening up to her, “Yeah, sorry--I'm just not used to talking to girls I'm not related to,” he felt he should probably explain more, but he wasn't quite ready to do that.

The man began to inquire about Ignis--this time without the prickle of disappointment--before mentioning home. When she asks about his own, he seems to forget all about finding out about Ignis, “We lived farther up North...Very cold, it was,” he muses, “Our pride, and all the prides around it, had big bushy coats, and our native language was Romanian. In case you wondered where the accent came from.

“My English is good because, so I've been told, some Southerners who came to our area spoke English, and the surrounding prides had been infatuated with learning the language since. It's why we learn English alongside Romanian when we're born. Home itself, oh...it was so beautiful, in my eyes,”
his eyes seem to glisten now, staring over the waters as if he could see it over on the other side, “in autumn and winter, glistening frost flaked the trees. Soft snowflakes fell and sprinkled the land everywhere you went. Those days, foxes, rabbits, and other animals gained their white, wintery coats. There were also owls, who hooted a lot in the night, but otherwise it was so quiet that you could hear the scurrying of voles and squirrels going about their day. Sometimes there were blizzards, but we found caves in the side of a mountain and lived there. There were many tunnels, many hours of exploring...each tunnel was different, with their own unique treasures to find. Sometimes they lead above ground, where there were more places to explore. In the spring and summer, the river that was in the valley below would spring to life, teeming with migrating fish, otters, beavers, all kinds of things, you name it. And the valley itself had its fair share of lynx, caribou, elk, moose...I love the colder weather, but I also love the vast array of colorful flowers that always came back every year,” he sighed, remembering the flora and fauna as if he'd only left yesterday. Then, he looked back at her.

“I was forced to leave by my father. All of the prides, including mine, followed the traditional pride hierarchy: one male to rule them all. I'm not a leader, and I don't like conflict, so I just left. But enough about that,” a shift in position makes it so that he was now resting his head on his front paws, “I could talk for hours about my home land. Now it's your turn...why have you been moving around so much your whole life? And what did you do?” his eyes were teeming with curiosity as he hoped for a story.