× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

In the mirror darkly
11-21-2020, 03:49 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Rex of Ignis Empire
Played by Fess

These lands seemed always dominated by storm clouds, wind and chilled rain as of late. So it was a rare and welcome surprise to locate and area which due to geography seemed oddly spared the biting zephyrs that had become an ever present symphony. A rare break in the rain provided a broken and cracked cloud strewn canopy overhead, glittering rivulets of stars shimmering from between spreading fingers of a storm yet to begin. Distant rumbles of thunder grumbling with un-birthed menace.

The shattered sky above reflected mirror like across the hauntingly still surface of the water bellow. The lake tossing back all, stars, clouds, and the occasional flash of color cast by cloud-to-cloud lightning. Saner lions were likely tucked away in dens, not wishing to tempt both lightning and the winter storm which might erupt and dump rain or hail any moment. But saner lions would also be missing the view.

Luckily he was not one of those saner lions. Hunter sat at the edge of the shore line, the ghost of a smile twisting dark lips up at the edges and he gazed down at the water - and there for up at the stars and the dark reflection of his own countence and whatever thoughts drifted behind venom and flame eyes.

"....."

code by corvus

11-22-2020, 08:34 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

The world was suspended in tranquil darkness, the sound of rumbling thunder and the occasional flash of light a sign of the world's anger and pleasure all at once, sparing and feeding that which it saw fit, and striking down those it did not. The sky above appeared like a mosaic, through the shattered canopy of murky clouds bright stars and a deep blue sky peered down like an all seeing eye. From beneath a makeshift den of fallen trees, an obsidian goddess sat and watched the world light up and return to darkness. Her cracked smile shone wicked in the flash of light, now feeling restricted by the trees around her, blocking the best of the view. Her fur was thick, it's satin texture allowing the moisture to roll off like that of a ducks feathers. She strode toward the lake she often sat by, watching as fish just out of reach darted from surface to obscured depths. Her paws carried her along a familair path, one that had seemingly also been traveled recently- for ember eyes fell upon the form of a much younger man, his pelt alight like flame. She chuffed at him in short greeting, striding towards him, her feminine frame swaying. I came to the lake for a better view, she purred, Seems I git what I was looking for.

art by Habitual Nightmare#5003, code by naboo

11-26-2020, 06:46 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Rex of Ignis Empire
Played by Fess

Darker brushed ear tips twitch slightly, shifting a bit twoards a greeting sound singularly unique against the murmuring and rumbling of the storm. While his frame seemed to almost glow flame-esque beneath the flashes of atmospheric chaos Hunter's gaze appeared to even more so.

ulpted crown turned to face the approaching lioness. His unique family mutation gifting (or cursing) with enhanced light sensitivity meant light was reflected from poison and flame colored eyes with a stronger than average luminosity.

"It is a spectacular show." he was of course referring to the lighting dancing above, but a gleam in his gaze and the cant of a smoky smirk showed the lion was not unaware of the undertones her comment may well have carried.
The lioness's coloration and markings were certainly unique. Dramatic.

More so beneath the electrical storm. Hunter wondered if she managed to hunt the traditional way with such a pattern, or if some particular method was employed should she indeed hunt for herself. Perhaps an odd thought at the moment, but it was where his mind drifted for a moment as he appraised her form, that ghost of a dark smile just touching handsome lips.

@Volcan

code by corvus

11-26-2020, 06:26 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

The obsidian goddess's flirtatious smirk didn't falter as he spoke, his words sweet like honey- eluding that he knew what she meant. She settled onto her stomach, back legs out as well out her front ones, spawled into a comfortable position- showing most of all that she didnt fear him. He seemed to radiate a suspicious and dangerous energy, and Volcab was living for it. Her chin was set onto her forelegs, her ember gaze meeting his fire opals. He was very handsome, well structured, in much a similar size to the lady herself- she being only the slightest bit taller, that gap closed by his mane- and him being a bit stouter, as males often were. She stretched out her back a bit, a purr erupting from her bosom- which was puffed out. What a handsome young man I have stumbled upon, and so close to where I sleep, no less. My my, mind telling me what your name is, fire prince? she asked with a chuckle.

11-26-2020, 07:30 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Rex of Ignis Empire
Played by Fess

He remained in form, sculpted frame maintaining position someplace between casual calm and mild curious interest as poison and flame rests idle on her shifting frame. The demon slumbered at present, his bloodlust idle and languid for the moment.

As such her positioning no more triggered a predatory instinct than was already (always) present and in his nature. Though it amused him to a noteworthy degree that she adopted such at the moment. Empty or earned such confidence was entertaining.

To come on so strongly with friendly almost familiarity, sweet words an introduction, he could not help but feel she was indulging in a hunt of her own design. Now then, was this to lure him into divulging information, a sort of groundwork to make pliable and manipulate, or perhaps she was indeed hungry and he the sort of intended meal which her dramatic coloration would not spook?

Black lips twist more fully at the very edges, casting his features in a darker yet not unpleasant air. Oh but how he loved these games, the sort that mixed amusement with danger and often a tracing of violence. To turn ta hunter into the hunted was after all, one of the highest stakes games of all.

"You speak as one much older than your appearance suggests." the words a complement of sorts, making note she did not look aged and her use of 'young man' was entertaining.

"Its an interesting choice to tell a stranger where you rest." the cadence of his words lacked threat and presented more the air of an entertained observance. Lips twitch slightly at her form of address 'Fire prince' indeed. Certainly he would not correct her. "Of course. Hunter Shakti. And yours Flamme noire ?" the whisper of an accent more pronounced for just a moment as his voice curled around the momentary title.

@Volcan

code by corvus

11-27-2020, 01:32 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

The volcanic woman chuckled slightly, her face lighting up a little as her ego was inflated a bit by his compliment.
You speak as one much older than your appearance suggests.

She feigned a bashful glance away and back, battering her dramatically eye lined gaze. My, how sweet you are~~ but I am indeed approaching six years of age.... But I suppose a goddess never truly ages, hm? she suggested, shifting to her side for more comfort, her spine facing him, turning her head though to face his. Well, boy, should I have a reason to fear sharing my home~~? Maybe, your a little... Dangerous? she purred. Danger- what a fun thing to play with. Hmmmmm.... Hunter. What a name, a bold one, something that suggests power. And me? I am Volcan. Pleasure to meet your acquaintance, pemburu mangsa she said, her words rolling as she displayed her own native tongue.

pemburu mangsa = prey chaser in Indonesian

12-02-2020, 02:37 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Rex of Ignis Empire
Played by Fess

The slight brightening of her features told him she was vain, or at the least, rather fond of compliments such as the subtle one offered. Brows arch slightly above sculpted features as she names her age, as if to suggest disbelief at the number presented. IN truth she did look very fine for her age, then again six was hardly into 'elder' territory and the lioness would be in her prime.

Now a 'goddess' was it? He chuckled slightly, eyes sliding shut perhaps half way, screening luminous eyes as a crack of thunder rumbled mear seconds pause following fingers of lightning racking the sky above and behind. If she was a goddess then he was a god...or something more...elusive if equal in stature. To Hunter there were no gods, nothing to punish or reward lesser creatures...and no demons but what lived in the darkness of mortal shells. "Perhaps so. And the world will have to wait and see if and how a dark god decays in turn." there was a hint of...teasing perhaps? playfulness? Something illusive. Although mockery is still absent from his tone. If she thought herself a goddess what of it? Who was to say otherwise? Should one be offended let them prove it wrong with blood and carved into bone.

It was his turn to show...a hunt of something that flickered with the amused light burning in an unwavering gaze. Something, peircing, plucking idly at surface layers with cool visual fingers, examining with an unbiased and unmerciful consideration. "Maybe a little ....perhaps a lot." there is a velvet purr gracing the last half, black gloved fingers stroking silent ivory piano keys - promising as of yet silent song. Why should she fear? No reason...fear was useless. But why show caution...well the answer depended on how long a lion wished to live. Hunter was a lion of unusual tastes.

As she comments on his name his smile twitches and settles into a more notable smile, the curve suiting his black lips. It is now, only now that he stands and moves a step, then another, closer, sculpted and toned muscle subtly shifting and flowing beneath molten hued fur. He does not know what she called him, and does not know if she understood what he called her. But given the context of what came before he felt it safe to assume the comment complementary.

"A family name, one that suits me very well indeed. And yours, lovely. A reference to volcano perhaps? Molten earth? The pleasure is mine." he was guessing based on what sounded like it could be the root word. And he was indeed enjoying himself, although as of yet unsure where he wanted this game to lead - a future ally, a meal, something else wild and unpredictable?

@Volcan

code by corvus

12-02-2020, 04:10 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

Ember gaze blazed in interest, a ghastly smile never leaving her fire tinted maw. Dark gods, hm...? Is it maybe the chance I have met another that hosts a mortal vessel? she asked. Her company did seem to radiate a.... different energy. Even if he were not divine, in her eyes he was quite godly indeed. The goddess felt warm as the beast moved closer, if she had a tail it would wrap around him, possessive of something she doesn't quite own, but wants. She moved herself closer to him again, taking his own action as an invitation- even if it wasn't, she was no coward when it came to lust. Obviously.... She had seven children in total. What an observant beast you are, dear Hunter. I am named in accordance to the volcano that destroyed my homeland over a century ago. My markings looked nothing like my parents, but similar to the cracked liquid fire that ravaged our little tribe- the fools saw it as a sign of salvation. But I had no interest in saving them, no when the world has so much more to offer, so much more power to grasp. she said. Tell me.... You seem so different..... Why is this?

12-02-2020, 06:22 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Rex of Ignis Empire
Played by Fess

'Dark gods, hm...? Is it maybe the chance I have met another that hosts a mortal vessel?'

One corner of his maw twitched, ascended higher than its partner at the question posed.
"Perhaps," that was one way to put it. Perhaps they were all simply greater entities housed in temporary forms, or some of them anyhow. "but I will leave it to your powers of discernment for now." after all, what dark entity, what god worth its salt handed over all answers easily? Oh no. No, make them work for it. Far better, far more satisfying that way.

Her story was absorbed into listening ears, bits filed away behind those eyes and most thoughts veiled behind the dark smile. Most. But he was not one to hide what thoughts he felt inspired to share.
"What a waste of willing supplicants mmm?" he hummed, commenting softly in apparent pondering thought while taking one more step forward...perhaps not so much distance between the two now.

If it had been him, he would have indeed 'saved them' such a following, such a delusion would have been quite the tool twoards making useful tools of many. "And what became of them?"

"Power means so many different things to so many. What does it mean to you?" a pride, inspiring fear? It seemed she may have had a shot at those things and turned them down. So what more might she seek from the definition of power? He sought now, to stand right before her. Very close.

Those lips which are twisted darkly upwards just a little at the edges, steady poison and fire gaze drinking in every aspect he gazed. "I was born different as well. In the image of the dead and damned. So much more than most." ah yes, in the shadow of his grandfather and with his ancestors darkness with it.

"In the spirit of my name, everything I see is open to the hunt, all other creatures beyond myself and my blood meals yet taken. Should I feel inclined." he sought to lean forward then and softly whisper near her ear, words elegantly form so each syllable perched on his tongue before falling away like black rubies "All other creatures." without exception. He felt the implication was clear enough, and if she was as quick as he expected the meaning should be clear. Lion blood was a delicacy, and no flesh off limits should be be inspired to acquire it. So few Taboos had any meaning for him.

@Volcan

code by corvus

12-02-2020, 03:48 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

Volcan let out a short snort, closing her eyes and lifting her head up with pride and disgust, Those willing supplicants were just hopeful fools. They had nothing to offer me, not with their ideas of tradition- a tradition that only resulted in three of their men slaughtered. she said. Those damned 'suitors' couldn't offer me what i wanted, only children- which i happily bore.... And then got rid of the middle man, you could say. she eluded. Such an intelligent creature the fiery beast was, she was assured he would understand. The freedom of lionesses was limited, even to one they practically worshipped. the goddess gave a slight explanation.
Power means so many different things to so many. What does it mean to you?

Ember gaze opened once again, accompanied with a wicked smirk. Power..... To me.... It's such an addicting thought. With it, I control the wills of fools beneath me, I have followers that live how I decide they live. Even if i am not cruel to them, its the simplicity that I control them anyways. And my bloodline, it ensures my name will be well known, respected and revered like I deserve she nearly spat, but not with aggression aimed at him. She sighed, claws digging into the soft soil beneath to calm her burning fury. His next words.... Made curled ears prick up like devilish horns, now she was truly interested. Everything was prey. Everything. The goddess cut her eyes at him, her smile tight and curious, but no fear. So be whatever would come. Everything..... I am very interested. I have never met one who practiced such things. The closest I ever got was eating a cousin of ours, one of the tree dwellers. But.... What is it like..... To eat a true blood? she asked. And perhaps, do you have a meal in your company at this moment? Or will I be spared? she chuckled.