× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

This girl is on fire
11-18-2020, 03:38 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

What a beautiful sight it is, to watch the birth of a newborn. The mother standing there, alone, where she shallant be bothered. She heaves, but she only lets out quiet bleats as she finally drops her tiny calf. A new gazelle had been brought into the world- and just as quickly taken out. Fir in the shadows a goddess of wrath had been watching, sitting completely still for the whole process. But the moment the fawn dropped, she burst from the foliage, rushing the exausted mother away and snatching up the infant, only moments away from learning to walk. She had been tracking her all day, sense she noticed her seperate from her herd. There was no way she could catch the adult- no, Thomson gazelle's were too fast for a lions taste. But the newborn was perfect. A few feet away she bleated in mourning and distress, for the fawn she had carried a little over five months, trying so hard to survive only to lose it. The antelope tentatively trotted forward, hoping that the limp, broken body would stand and follow her away, but it did not, and Volcan swatted at her, growling in warning. She wouldn't try and kill her. No use. She got what she wanted. The mother made a scream, turning, and prancing away towards the herd. Volcan's paw laid heavy on the calf, but she felt no remorse. They were carnivores. They do what they must. She sunk her long fangs into its tender haunch, and began to consume the tiny carcass, curled ears alert for any fool who may try and take her meal.

art by Habitual Nightmare#5003, code by naboo

11-18-2020, 05:57 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Junior Member
Played by Max

The scent of fresh kill had Roslyn enraptured like a moth to a flame. She quickened her pace through the rainforest trails, ducking her head between her shoulders to allow for agility and narrowing her gaze so as to better focus on scent. Having been somewhat closeby, it did not take long for her to determine that the source was near.

"Bonjour?" She called out tentatively as she slowed her pace to a walk, glancing around to try and find what she sought. Finally, a dark figure caught her eye--crouching over a carcass defensively.

"Oh, pardon," she corrected herself. Roslyn stopped in her tracks several yards away, eyeing what appeared to be a jaguar but what smelled like a lioness. Whatever she be, Roslyn wondered what the odds were of her getting out of the interaction without getting sliced.

speech

11-18-2020, 06:10 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

Ember lit eyes rolled over the frame of the smaller, pretty woman. A brown pelt accentuated with spotting and a mask, icy blue eyes. She seemed tentative- a proper reaction in the presence of a goddess. But the fire woman would not unleash her wrath on such a skittish creature- just like how she allowed the mother gazelle to escape. Hello there, little creature. I did not understand your first word, but you seem to know the common tongue. You are welcome to join me. she purred, her curled ears pricked up, a flirty smirk on her face. The newborn fawn would not provide much in the sake of two, but Volcan could always just go kill something else. She always has a soft spot in the way of women- her weakness, you could say, waa the curvy form of another lioness. All women were partial goddesses in her bright gaze, beautiful goddesses ripe for the taking.

11-18-2020, 06:28 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Junior Member
Played by Max

Through her careful stare, she noted the way the lioness' demeanor changed. She spoke to her in another language, claiming it to be the common tongue, and Roslyn nodded her understanding. Were she not feeling guarded due to the subject of food, perhaps she would make a comment about every language being the common language somewhere, but she was not eager to sour her good fortune so quickly.

"Is this land your 'ome?" She questioned with a quirked brow, taking a few slinking steps closer. She had yet to meet anyone from this promised land and was quite eager to learn more about what she had stumbled into. Her cornflower gaze assessed the lioness gently, careful not to stare anywhere too long as she took in her company.

"I'm Roslyn... and you?" She questioned, finally attempting to sit about a yard away once she was confident it would not be met with a smack.

speech

11-19-2020, 04:10 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

Volcan's curled ears laid back in repsonse to her question- not aggressively, but to simply accentuate the answer was no. "It is not. I have no permanent home at this moment- I am simply sleeping wherever need be when it comes to it. Most of my children are beginning to scatter, regardless of how much i wish they wouldn't. And you? You have an odd language- I imagine you are not from here either. I came from a land once violated by magma." she stated. "I am Volcan, lady of fire, named for the markings upon my pelt. My people believed me an omen of honor and peace from the volcano that destroyed our homeland a century ago- and perhaps I am. But I cared not for them, they were too simple, too ignorant. I had better things to accomplish- so I set out with my offspring for a new land, to build the empire I have always dreamed of, and deserve." she smirked, licking blood from her maw. "And you? What brought you here to these lands? To you seek something greater than what your home had to offer?"