× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

knock knock, who's there?
11-16-2020, 05:38 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Ivy

Tintalle Grey, an interesting name to match just as interesting of an individual. Edgar had been intrigued by the woman as she had claimed her home only a few short days ago. He had been present, but silent and hidden. Watching, observing. He was too afraid to come out of his own shell to truly interact with others, afraid of rejection and judgement. Even though he had wanted to greet them he had refrained. But he told himself he would be back and well .. here he was. He paused on the outskirts of the woodland, purple gaze scanning the terrain for a moment before hesitantly he let out a chuff, summoning the Queen of the land. Perhaps she would welcome him despite his mind telling him that it wouldn't be possible.

@Tintalle

Notes: Hope it's okay I threw this up for us!

""

☽LIA☾

11-16-2020, 09:01 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ithilien
Played by Nova

The grey woman was becoming more and more interested in laying down her roots in the woodlands. This place was certainly a maze if you didn't know your way around but once you were here a few days, it wasn't all that daunting anymore. She suspected that the more members she had the more likely there was to be someone who simply couldn't find their way but she had gotten rather good at marking certain trails. Luckily for her, one led straight down towards the call that sung sweetly for her.

So far, it was just her and Hrodolf here but any excuse she had to mingle with someone visiting her was grace enough. So she eagerly wove through the woods until she spotted that bright mane among the foliage. Vaguely remembering him from the challenge but he hadn't been heavy in the mix as Barnabas and the other woman had been. He'd been quiet and silent, though she hadn't truly judged on who he was in relation to her and her new pride. Welcome back, she addressed fondly as she slowed down to stand several feet in front of him. Keeping herself on her side of the pride but enough closeness to survey that he was welcome here (until proven otherwise). What can I do for you? Since he had been present during her claim and the announcement of her name and the pride's name, she didn't feel it necessary to introduce herself again.

@Edgar

11-21-2020, 04:22 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Ivy

Edgar felt .. misplaced. Disheveled. He wasn't accustomed to reaching out to others, hell he was only ever used to rejection and judgmental glares from other individuals. Asking something from someone was hard for him, mostly because of his deep-rooted fear of rejection. He stood, claws kneeding the ground beneath him, breath hitching in his throat even as the younger woman appeared before him. 'Welcome back.' She spoke and his ears flicked subtly, so she had noticed him the day that she had come to claim this place. 'What can I do for you?' She asked him then and he paused for a moment before his gruff, yet gentle tones resonated around him. "I.. would like to live here. If you'll have me. You seem, kind." He informed her, his purple gaze lifting from the ground to finally lock eyes with her. He was uncomfortable, out of his element, but he knew that if he truly wanted a fresh start he needed to try and well .. this was him trying.

@Tintalle

""

☽LIA☾

11-21-2020, 06:43 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ithilien
Played by Nova

Safe to say, it was rather easy to see that there was some discomfort to this meeting. A small twitch or fidgety limb was all it took to really see the changes. If this were months ago she might've questioned it a little more but she reminded herself that she was a leader now and that meant that to others she was assumed to have a lot more power. Of course. I won't turn you away, though there was a small hitch but she easily found a way to make it seem a little less pointed on what she needed to ask. She needed a name (as it'd be weird to invite someone not knowing their name) but she didn't want him to even begin to think that he'd done something wrong. She had a feeling that wouldn't be very fair when he already seemed so nervous. I'm Tintalle, though I'm sure you know that. I'm big on respect, kindness and hardwork. I'd rather we not claim anyone unless they're in danger. And no one is to be kept here against their will. That was it - though she hoped that explaining those things after introducing herself hadn't scared him off too much. It was important even if she could assume that he'd be alright under those rules.

@Edgar

11-30-2020, 03:03 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Ivy

'Of course, I won't turn you away, I'm Tintalle, though I'm sure you know that. I'm big on respect, kindness and hardwork. I'd rather we not claim anyone unless they're in danger. And no one is to be kept here against their will.' He listened to her, his purple gaze watching her intently as she explained what her will was for her pride and how she expected him to act. "Okay, that sounds fine to me. I'm Edgar, sorry I forgot to say that earlier." In fact it had been so long since he had spoken to another that he forgot how to really act. Tintalle was generous, kind to him. Someone he thought that perhaps he could learn to trust in time. "Thank you for accepting me into your home." He offered to her then, and perhaps she could tell him what she needed from him. As a pride member he would do whatever he could to help her.

@Tintalle

""

☽LIA☾

11-30-2020, 05:45 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ithilien
Played by Nova

Tintalle was no seasoned leader by any means so all of this was brand new. At the time, it had simply made sense to bring a pride together so that others would have a place to really thrive when winter came over them. So far, she'd been doing a good job. If by good job you had one person - now two - living amongst your ranks. Welcome to your new home, Edgar. She smiled, pivoting to her right to allow him to walk passed her into Ithilien. I'll just place you as a regular rank for now. If you happen across anyone that needs a home, feel free to offer and bring them to me. Uhm. Patrol the borders and alert me, or Arodion - he's another member here - if you need an extra set of paws. Other than that, he was good to do whatever he wanted. Until she got several more members, there wasn't much to do. Low expectations and what not.

@Edgar

12-18-2020, 04:46 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Ivy

He felt jittery and excited, it had been so long since he had had a home of his own after all. And this could be a new start for him, a truly new start away from the skeletons in his past. In this land others didn't know who he was, what his legacy had been, and he was so truly happy to put all of that behind him. Welcome to your new home, Edgar. I'll just place you as a regular rank for now. If you happen across anyone that needs a home, feel free to offer and bring them to me. Uhm. Patrol the borders and alert me, or Arodion - he's another member here - if you need an extra set of paws. He moved alongside Tintalle then, taking gentle steps into his new home. "Certainly Miss Tintalle, I'll be happy to help around here. So.. do you care to tell me more about yourself?" He asked as he moved along, purple gaze taking in his new home with an eager light found within them. A fresh start, friendships, it was definitely what he needed.

@Tintalle

""

☽LIA☾

12-18-2020, 06:24 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ithilien
Played by Nova

Tintalle was ever so delighted that her pride was coming along. It was taking a little extra time but she was happy to be giving some individuals a home where they could grow. A place they could be seen and live their life as happily as they wanted. She would never instruct them to stay within the confines of the pride but rather she wanted them to explore and to get to know themselves as well as find others that also might want to do the same. While she might not know Edgar's excitement to start new, she understood what it felt like to want to try something she never tried before. Leading was just that - a new surprise. I always tell others that I'm terrible at talking about myself but I guess it's one way to get better, huh? she laughed, likely quite uncomfortably as she struggled to find really great words to describe herself. I left my birth pride when I was two. I came here and decided that I wanted to try something new - to be a leader and to welcome others in. My favorite place should be Ithilien, and I do love it, but I really love the Glade to the west. Full of lavender and I'm a pretty good healer. Though, that last bit she hadn't quite gotten to really utilize but there would come a day when someone would need it.

@Edgar