× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

Into the Woods
11-15-2020, 04:27 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Ithilien
Played by Naboo

The creme giant found comfort within the bounds of the woods, dense and dark so soothing as a light fog rolled over the first foot of the ground, concealing all beneath. Each footstep was blind into whatever lay ahead, spreading his toes and taking an easy pace as he tread further into the bounds of the forest. The soothing noise of the birds in the canopy and the light breaking through at the early dawn hour lit just enough of the path that he was still aware he could move forward, despite being unable to see his own feet. A calm and natural stride came easily, ears tilting forward against his skull and his jaws pressed together though his lips in a loose and relaxed line. Carmine gaze peered forward and it was with his next step that his body stopped, a border, invisible and yet so tangible all at once, setting off alarm bells in his nostrils. This was one of the new pridelands that had gone up, he had heard the challenge rise but had chosen not to attend it. Slackening his jaws opened and a low roar reverberated through his breast as he called upon the leaders, standing where he'd hit the wall of scent and waiting patiently for someone to arrive.

@Tintalle
art by munk, code by naboo

11-15-2020, 06:10 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ithilien
Played by Nova

The woodlands had been quite lonely in the time between now and when she'd claimed this for her own. A place that she without hesitation had called Ithilien - a name perfectly befitting this maze of a forest. Every day it provided her with comfort and ease, despite knowing that she didn't currently have anyone to actually share that excitement with.

So, of course, when a sound was heard at the borders somewhat near her she couldn't help but feel her heart thrum wildly in her chest. A visitor! Tintalle was thrilled perhaps ashamedly so but being the somewhat social creature that she was, she was eager to embark on a conversation with whoever this was. While also casually hoping it wasn't a certain someone who wanted to argue about little things. Luckily, it was a lion - an odd one, but she could vaguely recognize that it wasn't female. His light coat was so pretty and reminded her of the sandy beach down south.

Hello! she greeted warmly, jogging towards him and keeping it slow as she approached, welcome to Ithilien. I am Tintalle. Now, what could she possibly do to ease this individual here and find out all the information she wanted without being forthright with all the questions? Tintalle probably should be a little bit more bold about pushing out the truth from strangers but she didn't have a reason to sit and interrogate. Especially when it was literally just her in this woods and no one in here to protect.

@Arodion

11-16-2020, 05:27 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Ithilien
Played by Naboo

The appearance of a large and even toned lioness with starkly contrasting limbs drew his attention immediately. Eyes of carmine befell her figure, grazing across her golden mask and eyes a fair sky. Her demeanor warm and almost eager, her words welcoming and soft to him, ears pulled forward as though tickled by the sound. "Tintalle." His voice strong and whiskey rich, echoing her name and saving it within his memory banks, his lips offering her a subtle smile as he dipped his head to her. "Thank you for the warm welcome, I am Arodion." His voice trailed lightly and left a hollow between them while her scent filled his nostrils, matching that of the border claim and indicating to him that this was someone important here. It was awkward for a moment, as though he wasn't sure how to go about this. In his own time, in his own past, prides had not been much of a fuss, though the intrigue had won today and thus he found himself here, looking at her and not shying from locking eyes with her as he breathed softly once more. "Can you tell me of Ithilien?" Whatever she wanted to share, whatever she thought pertinent or important for him to know, but perhaps that wouldn't be enough. "Only if you're allowing strangers in, I suppose." The strange wording catching him mid-thought though he let it slip by, wanting not to stall the moment further.

@Tintalle

11-19-2020, 06:17 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ithilien
Played by Nova

While she should've been much more secretive with the information about herself and her pride, Tintalle couldn't. She recognized early on that keeping it all a secret was a good way how to spend all your time in a pride by yourself. If you never share it with anyone then what's the point? So when he drew out her name in such a tender fashion and then gave such an array of a compliment she felt instantly drawn. A pull to his heart as he introduced himself and already she liked him. Of course she had to remind herself that he was a stranger still and she shouldn't be getting her tail in a knot.

It didn't help that their eyes locked almost instantly and she felt a sure flutter. A moment frozen in time as she reveled in this moment that made her feel good. Noticed, perhaps, being the best word choice. Spotlight on her as he kindly requested information of the pride she had created and had truly come to love even by herself. Seeing as it's mostly me currently, and by mostly her she means all her, I don't have much to go off of. I just require respect, kindness and hardwork. I'd really prefer that no child or woman be claimed against their will. If truly necessary, claim them to protect them. No one should be held against their will. That.. was it, really. She didn't have too many things to draw upon since this was her first pride claim rodeo. What else was there to add?

@Arodion

11-21-2020, 05:33 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Ithilien
Played by Naboo

Just as he was a creature of calm and soothing energy, he felt as though Tintalle shared something of that; he was comfortable in her presence and didn't feel the need to question or interrogate in a way that he thought he may have today. In his time observing her it's as though he has forgotten of the world around them, the woodland scents and her voice offering enough distraction that he is in a trance until she finishes talking. It was that break in silence which makes him stir and once more he found himself stuck in an awkward moment of having to find words that matched what he was thinking. "Hmm." His whiskey smooth voice once more a soft rumble as he offered her a small smile.

"I like the ideology; a community should not be made by force." Though he mulled over her words and once more there was a soft charm to him, his eyes gleaning as once more they roved over her face and stopped at her eyes, a mild feeling turning over in his gut; some sort of swirling that was unusual but could be attributed solely to her. "If you would welcome me, Ithilien sounds quite pleasant." Though a moment later he added another thought, as if trying not to cram too much together to seem over-eager, but also feeling some kind of discomfort unlike ever before, like he was simply making a fool of himself every time he spoke or even looked at her. "If you need help I would like to contribute in any way you deem appropriate." Give him a duty, any task - but suddenly he didn't want the conversation to be over so soon, he wanted to make it last longer, to be within her presence and get to know her. As a leader, right?

@Tintalle

11-26-2020, 05:42 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ithilien
Played by Nova

Tin had never had any issues socializing with lions before and certainly never thought about it long enough to really consider herself a worrier either. Though, standing in front of Arodion now she couldn't help but feel that constant buzz and equated it to being nervous and worried. When really, she was feeling just excited and her pride growing by the second. Pleased that someone had come to her borders and wanted to join her pride in the woodlands. The place she'd chosen was also being chosen by others!

I - I would love nothing more than for you to be a part of Ithilien, she expressed sincerely as she officially welcomed him inside. It'd be a bit of a maze but he'd find the well-worn paths that she'd attempted to create in the hopes of members to follow them. Oh! Um . . . patrol the borders mostly? If you stumble outside, see if anyone wants to join you out there. Choose a place to den, too! That last part was pretty important too and Tintalle set him the task and finding the perfect location for himself. That wasn't a single place that was a bad idea and she hoped he'd find that special spot.

@Arodion

11-29-2020, 06:36 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Ithilien
Played by Naboo

The woodland was a place that matched not only his personality but also his very nature. It was calming here, the trees rising along to either side and a good blend of shade or light depending on where one trail blazed. He knew nearby was also the glade, and occasionally wafts of the soft flowery scent drifted through the forest. It was pleasant, and just as he was naive to whatever Tin may be feeling, he felt comfortable here surrounded by the woods and even in her presence. Despite the occasional twinge or butterfly that floated through his own belly, which was inexplicable to him at this moment, he felt a flush of contentment.

The moment she accepted him - and in which for the first time ever he belonged to a pride - there was a soft smile that spread across his lips and reached to his eyes. She invited him to patrol borders and den, and while these things felt weird to him, somehow he was excited about the prospect. "You are most generous, Tintalle." Though he was not yet ready to part from her - lest she chose to leave him - as curiosity slowly bubbled up within him. "I will certainly do both, I hope others come and give this place a chance, you've been most inviting." His soothing tones did not sing nor purposely bestow praise upon her, but rather it was coming from an earnest place within. "Could you tell me of yourself? What made you choose the woodland, what has brought you here?" Perhaps it was more forward than she'd want to say, but the softened look in his eyes wanted more; and the thought of being absent her presence so quickly was strangely unbecoming.

@Tintalle

12-04-2020, 02:13 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ithilien
Played by Nova

There was a nice calmness to the male's presence that helped to soothe her own concerns and worries. The future didn't seem so dull or life didn't seem so scary. The first true recruit that she had gotten and that was what she equated it, too, not understanding what the swirling pit in her stomach was trying to say. Tintalle was proud to have Arodion as a member of her pride but even more so, happy that he had a place here and seemed genuinely happy to be.

The softest of smiles that appeared on his face upon his invite in was contagious, to which she gave him one mirrored right back. So she allowed herself to walk near to him (though he seemed to let her do most of the leading, that was alright) and eagerly awaiting the conversation. I hope so, too. I'm still learning and doing what I think I'm supposed to be doing. It'll be nice to have a pride to sorta riff off of, y'know? The more helpful hands the better and they could guide her into a more balanced pride and help her see what she lacked.

A big inhale and a chuckle came flush through her lips as he expressed an interest in getting to know her a bit more. Just a fair warning that I don't believe I'm too good at talking 'bout myself, as she hadn't met too many that wanted to really get down to the good details of Tintalle Grey. Alas, he seemed to really want an in and he set it up with some perfect questions. I chose the Woodlands mostly because they're secluded, they're cozy if not a little messy. And it happens to be near my favorite place - the Tortuta Glade. Lots of lavender. The smell was overpowering if you stayed there for too long but when the wind was high, the smell within the woods was magnificent.

@Arodion

12-05-2020, 05:03 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Ithilien
Played by Naboo

For his part caution and eagerness were edges of the same sword. He was happy for her company, he had enjoyed the forest since he was young, and he was glad that the claim of a pride had gone to someone that for now seemed so caring and compassionate. On the other hand the part of him that had interacted little with others sometimes didn't know what the most appropriate course of action was. Should he interrupt their space or the flow of conversation and bring something to an abrupt or uncomfortable end. There were times where he questioned his own tact, but from his current experience his calm demeanor and gentle nature had gotten him quite far - even so he wasn't sure he knew how to act another way if he'd tried.

When she moved closer his flesh bristled in a pleasant way, tingling as goose bumps rippled up his shoulders. "We never know unless we try, I have faith that you'll be a great Queen from what I've seen already from you." There was no lavish praise, but rather somewhat blunt honesty, still within his same even-toned voice and with the gentle smile occupying his lips. "Though I do think you sell yourself short on talking about yoruself." The light jest accompanied with a small chuckle and mirth that pulled the corners of his eyes back lightly. "I find the woodland peaceful, a place where you can comfortably walk in the company of others or in the company of your thoughts equally. As for the glade, I am quite fond of looking over the rolling field of lavender myself." How he knew these lands, but he would still adjust to the fact that there was a pride within them now, and that he belonged to that pride.

"Perhaps when you are less busy with the pride we could take a stroll there?" It was smooth the way it rolled form his lips and yet he knew not where that question had come from. Never had he shared the solace of the glade with another - not purposefully - but there was something so special about certain places for him that he felt it hard to share, like sharing a piece of himself. Not that he wanted others to stay away, just that he'd always enjoyed it within the comfort of his own thoughts and feelings. "I've been here my entire life, but I must say never met someone to share my enjoyment of this place so much. Is this anything like your homeland, or like any lands outside of here? I'll admit I've never left." Never left Aesseldar, never left his birth place, his life sounded dreadfully boring, but maybe some day she could see it through his own carmine eyes.

@Tintalle

12-11-2020, 10:17 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ithilien
Played by Nova

Aside from the cowboy, steppe-loving male that she'd met a month or so ago, Arodion was the first humble and kind lion that she'd met in these lands. An individual that Tintalle felt interesting in seeing again because she felt it was safe to assume that it'd be just as lovely as the first. That there was so much more behind that creamy mask of his that was left to discover. I appreciate that. I still feel like I don't know very much about leading but I know with the help of good-minded individuals, I can be good. Because how could you get better if you didn't try or ask for help? You really couldn't so this was her trying to really do something good and make a change.

The woodlands, yes. I grew up in a forest though certainly nothing as dense as this one but it has its similarities. The Glade is new, though, which is likely why I fell in love with it immediately. While the smell could be overbearing at times, she almost felt quite calm and relaxed there. If not due to the silence or simply because lavender was meant to soothe. Either way, she'd likely preach to anyone who would listen about how magical the Glade was though she had a feeling that her newest recruit didn't have to be sold.

Though, as their time moved forward the gears in her mind started to really roll. Thinking about how she didn't even have anyone except him. That it was him and her now, but he couldn't really do much for Ithilien if he was just a lion. So she stopped abruptly as the lightbulb went off and looked to him, a question posed on her lips. I don't suppose you're interested in a bigger title, are you? she asked, wanting to flat-out promote him but it was better than she ease it onto his shoulders. Plus, it would gauge her idea of how he might handle responsibility.

@Arodion