Rex of Ignis Empire
Played by Fess

"Well, maybe not always" he slightly playfully counters, smoothly offering a view of his own in calm tones. Black lips curling a little higher at the edges as brows lift slightly in a 'you know what I mean?' kind of manner. Some souls are best when they remain silent, to annoying to tolerate when they open their maws. Fortunately this was not one of those times, and she not proving to be one of those souls. "The desire to explore. I am driven to see and experience the new." and as much as he truly cared for his family, at his age it was time and then some to spend a little time off on his own. "Yourself? Or are you native to these lands?" there was some curiosity present as to her own reason for wandering these landscapes.

She seemed...shocked... at the sound of his name. And his smile grows a little more even as the mischievous glint in his eyes soften due to the familiarity of it all. While rare this was a reaction he had come across once in a great while back home, whenever one who knew, or had known of his Grandfather visited the family. It was slightly nostalgic.

"I was." he confirmed, dipping his head a bit in affirmation before lifting it and tilting his crown slightly to one side while observing her expressions "My grandfather, with whom I am told I bear a haunting resemblance in form and spirit." his lips twitch "Minus my stripes." that was a touch that was a gift from his paternal blood or so Hunter assumed. "Your look suggests you may have known of the original." by reputation alone perhaps, but it may well be more. And he was interested in finding out.

@Brighid
code by corvus