Lion of Prideless
Played by Twesh

That shimmering moon. His confidant, his best friend. Wokabi's emergence and reentry into his life had left him thinking near constantly of Brighid. He dared to have hope she might come back into his arms. He dreaded what life might take as payment for such rewards but greedily he wished anyways. Karma could come for what it willed from him- give him just a day, a moment. And Karma answered. Longingly he found his green eyes would not leave the pale white at the edges of her face even as he cleared his throat and tried to get her attention.

"You trying to look as handsome as me with all those scars?" He tried to make light of it despite the ache he felt in his heart seeing she'd been hurt. Knowing he could have been there to do something, to take the pain for her if he could. Brighid was a strong woman, he never doubted she could suffer and bring herself back when she needed. He loved that in her- but when he could take the beating for her why not? And that time- or however many times- he wasn't even in the picture. His guilt amassed and became humor, became levity, despite the plague in his mind. "Because you already had me beat from the start- you didn't have to try." I'm sorry. His eyes pleaded, his face hurt and it took nearly all the will in his soul to even feign enough humor and snark in his words to pass.

That Night That Shimmering Moon
art by ale-tie / code by twesh

@Brighid