Lion of Prideless
Played by KittyKookiez

There was almost disappointment in his eyes as the other had no recent stories about any lionesses, but it was replaced with a glimpse of understanding before it could even come to light. There were also times when the blue-toned lion had no stories of that topic to tell--actually, who was he kidding? He always had a good story to tell. But they were not always new, and he preferred to tell new stories.

Matthias was listening with interest at Sal's story, one ear perked towards his friend while the other searched for prey. His eyes remained focused on the task at hand, but he never got to hear the story before Matthias noticed the large serpent*. Queue his reaction.

“I like your enthusiasm,” Matthias growled, his own enthusiasm leaking through his words, “Here's what I want you to do,” his voice was even lower now, though there was no point. It had obviously seen them, and was still staring at them intensely, “Snakes are pretty aggressive, right? Especially the large ones. I want you to get in front of it and be the distraction. Don't look all aggressive--we don't want it shrinking back. While you're doing that, I'll get behind it and try to yank it off the tree. That's when I'll be the distraction. I'll try to move most of it's body away from you by pulling its tail away, then while it's focused on me, you pounce on it and go for the throat. Try to aim right behind the head,” his tail, though lowered, was curled behind him with pride.

Don't worry. I knew guys who used to hunt snakes for their venom. They taught me a lot about them,” one thing he left out, though, was that those snakes were only a few feet long. But he was not worried. In his mind, his plan could not fail.

Under the assumption Sal had no qualms, the mohawk-maned lion would crouch down low and unobtrusive, slinking his way through the thicket so he could make a careful, wide semi-circle around the serpent in his pursuit to get behind it.

“Text”

*It's an emerald tree boa