Knight of Ignis Empire
Played by Rico

“…this place is gonna end up being claimed by some shady ass pride of lions?” Salvador’s gaze flicked over their lush surroundings as the other spoke, but then returned to Matthias with legible doubt written across his masked expression, his silver-blue eyes glittering with interest. “You think so? My guess is it would take months, if not longer. I should think only an established group would want to claim this wild country, and I have yet to see many of those…” He countered, with a questioning lilt in his otherwise thoughtful tenor before looking back to their path with a shake of his head. “Then again, I’m new to these parts.” He said dismissively, but he wondered if Matthias knew something he did not about the politics here, or perhaps the blue-toned lion had ambitions for himself in this tropical abode.

However, the scholar set aside his speculation as their conversation momentarily teetered on an awkward brink, and he tilted his gaze back to the other lion, silver-blue irises glinting. Salvador had been strangely apprehensive about revealing his ineffectiveness as a hunter so openly to this affable stranger, but his concern seemed unfounded as it was dismissed with a glib reassurance. He quirked a brow and the glinting in his eyes softened as a smile reappeared across his expression. “Works for me.” He replied, a warm cadence in his tone as he turned away, his thoughts flitting back to their task at hand – one that would require most, if not all, of his concentration. He didn’t want to embarrass himself in front of this handsome stranger, after all.

Taking his cues from the subtle changes in Matthias’s form, Salvador focused on adjusting his posture and approach as well. He began to step lightly and allowed his senses to concentrate on the environment around the duo, however Matthias’s voice called back his attention and his focus on hunting waned. “If it must be shortened, I will prefer Sal.” He answered, glancing to the lion as he considered the second part of his request. Stories were right up his alley, but he was in the habit of collecting the histories of others rather than creating his own so that caveat presented an obstacle to him launching immediately into a story. His brow wrinkled in thought and he turned back to their trail, reminding himself that he needed to mind his steps so he didn’t startle any prey. “Well maybe, what is your idea of ‘fun stuff’?” He asked after a moment, his eyes still resting on the scene before him. Salvador was much more interested in Matthias’s tales than any he could share, but since the quid pro quo was established, he wanted to understand how the other defined interesting or exciting.