Lioness of Prideless
Played by Sheena

So lost in her thoughts she did not hear his approach, did not hear the gravel beneath his paws. She didn't even notice that distant but always remembered the scent as he drew closer. Her gaze does not waiver from its position staring at the water until he speaks. Only then does she react, her muscles tensing at the sound of his voice before slowly, slowly – almost cautiously – she turns her head in his direction. Many times through the past year she had dreamed of him finding her, it was one of the things that had kept her going. Kept her fighting against Roman, the desire to find her best friend and love of her life. Yet now, there he stood before her. At first, she wonders if she fell asleep, but deep down she knows she did not. She knows she is awake, and as she sucks in a breath his scent confirms it. He was really there.

His words are light, but she hopes he has missed her as much as she has missed him. Her head lifts then, from her previous drooped position. "You know I gotta keep up." She replies, a slight smile plastered on her face. She was strong by herself, yes, but she had always found being around Verm, being with him made her stronger. Braver. She moves then, twisting her whole body around to face him, before moving towards him. A low chuckle escaped her vocals at his next words, head shaking. Nah, he had always had her beat in her eyes, but she knew they could argue it back and forth all day. To her, he was perfect in every way. "We will have to agree to disagree on that." She told him, stopping right before him as if making sure he was real. Not only that but she had never been one for affection, preferring to just be around him, and was happy with that. She stares at him then, a soft expression upon her face for the first time in a year. It's not your fault. She wishes to say the words aloud to him but she doesn't. Instead, she breaks character and attempts to burrow her face in his mane and breathe in. "I've missed you." You found me.

"Speak"

That Night That Shimmering Moon
art by ale-tie / code by twesh

@Vermillion