Lioness of Prideless
Played by Sheena

His words, his promise stirred within her an emotion she had never felt before. It was nearly overwhelming, and the only way she could describe it to herself was …..gratitude. In her life, she had seen pain and heartbreak, but for some reason, the world had seen fit to place this amazing being in her life. They had given her, her best friend and for some reason – despite her flaws – he seemed to love her just as much, if not more than she loved him. Even now, when she returned to him, beaten and bruised... no longer the beautiful woman she had been in their younger years he still seemed to want her. It was something she did not get, for she knew that others split. She had seen it with her aunt, who had many husbands while she grew up. She knew how lucky she was, though she did not know how to verbalize her emotions. Instead, she releases a soft rumble in return to his own. Content to simply be there with him, that is until he moves back.

While she is displeased with this change she does not vocalize it, for she figures there is a reason for it. She does not need to wait long before he speaks once more, and his words cause her heart to squeeze in her chest. Did he really think she would not want him still, had she made him doubt her love and devotion to him? She waits, until he is finished speaking out of respect - one of the few people in the world she did respect – and fondly shakes her head at him when his frustration shows. It is only when it morphs into something much more vulnerable does she break the brief silence. "I never told you this, but when we were young I often dreamed of finding someone I could love with my whole heart. Someone who would be there, be my equal and my best friend. Then I found you and you became all that and so much more. It was the desire to find you, that kept me fighting when we were separated. There has never been a moment in my life that I ever doubted I belong with you.... I will always be yours." She tried to reassure him, and express that yes, she wanted him.... yes, she wanted to be his mate still, for in her mind there was no need for again. She had fought to get away from Roman in the hopes of reuniting her family, and now he was here. She felt whole for the first time in years.

"Speak"

That Night That Shimmering Moon
art by ale-tie / code by twesh

@Vermillion