× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

What today brings
12-07-2020, 10:08 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Winter

Having found a temporary place to rest for the night, Svarog was ready to continue exploring the new lands. All he knew so far was that there were other lions here, and that's pretty much it. A low grumble from within his belly reminded him that he should find something to eat. With a yawn and shake of his mane, he began scouting the area for any type of prey. He was just one male, though, and his size didn't make for good solo hunting. Surviving on any small critters he could find, today would be no exception. He had come across a small hare, which he made quick work of as his breakfast. Licking his chops, the Ilyas male continued his journey.

@Volcan

12-07-2020, 10:59 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

Dried grasses crackled beneath her paws as the dark lioness transversed the steppe, paws stepped over the random stone that appeared, causing the landscape to seem uneven and jagged. The wind blew at her long fur, not biting but still rather persistent, blowing bits of stray plant debris every which way. In the distance a herd of gazelle grazed, nervously glancing up at the lioness in their sites- but she had no interest in them, the antelope much too fast for a lioness. No, the goddess had something else in mind as she approached a rotting Baobab. The thing looked pitiful, but all around it mandrills picked and groomed eachother. They came here once in a while, the colony ever traveling, but here was where they came to begin raising their young. Tired females, and young gathered at the base of the tree, males outside of their circle- watching for danger. Most prominent was their dominant male, his face wide and violently scarred. She would not be taking any of these lives though, as much as she would love to, for the younger monkies were far too violent and dangerous for one lioness- massive in size or not. No, the ember gaze was set on an elderly male, likely the dominant before his younger counterpart, still large in size but graying. There wasnt much cover, her only chance was offense and violent measures. And so those are what she took. She rushed in suddenly after circling twice, all the mandrills yellow and green eyes following her with increasing aggression, growls and screams from their depths. Jaws closed around the elder's neck, the creature giving out a single, angry scream before his neck snapped in her jaws and she ran, snarling at the feeling of long inscicors slicing into her hind quarters- pain not slowing her much as she kicked whatever soldier had bitten into her thigh. She slowed to a stop only once she was far from the colony, now with a slight limp, but it would do. She settled down, wasting no time shredding into her kill.

Code by Naboo, Ref by Habitual Nightmare

12-08-2020, 03:44 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Winter

Nearby, things were getting interesting. The sounds of the mandrills caught his attention first; a disruption in the peace. His curiosity piqued, he changed direction to see what was happening. His ears remained erect on his head, tail swishing casually behind him. His posture was relaxed, merely approaching to sate his own, perhaps nosey, desire. Svarog watched with interest as the female acted. It took a lot of strength to keep his eyes from widening in awe, and keeping a neutral expression. While he had seen a female hunt before, she made it look like an art. Only when she finished would he make his presence known. "Impressive. " he would praise. At least, it was to him.

@Volcan

12-08-2020, 04:20 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

The dormand crackled grass below was stained yellow red, the prey beneath the lioness's paws more gore than mandrill. She had eaten most of it now, the flesh tough from age, but it was no deterrent- a kill was a kill. But the sound of grass crunching, not from her undersides brushing against the ground, the obsidian goddes whipped her head around to face the honeydew colored male, her maw a bloody snarl. His words sunk in, and her sheer aggression subsided into wariness- not like he had much to take, if he tried. If was more waste at this point. Vokcan licked blood from her muzzle, standing with a stretch of her legs and hover over what was left of her prey, curled ears pricked for his every movement. "Of course, I would not be worth being called the empress of Ignis empire if i could not hunt for myself, or provide for my people."

12-12-2020, 03:36 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Winter

Svarog watched with interest, keeping in mind that these lands were, indeed, inhabited by locals. The confirmation of prides interested him, as he hadn't lived in what could be a group of lions before. Naturally social creatures, the Ilyas were raised a bit differently. Having learned how to be independent and care for himself, he was sincerely interested in their customs. "Ah, my apologies. I didn't realize I was in the presence of royalty." he gave a polite bow. "My name is Svarog Ilyas. Sorry if i interrupted you. I don't see many other lions in my travels." he would leave if she no longer wished for his presence, but part of him hoped that she would be willing to converse. There was so much he wanted to know; a willing student eager for a teacher.

@Volcan

12-12-2020, 02:22 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

The goddess gave a small chuckle at his apology, quickly followed by an introduction. She smiled slightly, shaking out her silky fur. "No need for an apology, it was unlikely you would have known." she said, tapping her paw against the ground. Volcan understood that word of her, or Ignis, wouldn't have word spread until its numbers grew a bit more. But so be it, the best way to spread word was to begin it herself. "I am Volcan Embre, empress of the Ignis empire- a territory on the north eastern side of Mosmori lake." she said proudly, her head held high. She had worked hard to get where she was today, to provide power for her family. "And what of you? You have a very.... Different pelt color, one I haven't seen in these lands yet. Are you foreign, or simply reclusive?"

@Svarog

12-12-2020, 02:54 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Winter

Tension that Svarog hadnt realized he had been feeling slowly drained from his being. Instead, a feeling of relief took its place, knowing he hadnt offended a loval monarch. "A pleasure." he replied, tucking her name into memory. "Im a bit of a wanderer. I came from a place far from here. I have been travelling for the last year." he couldnt really say that he remembered his place of birth. Once he was a year old, he was urged to move out and on. He had been moving from place to place ever since, and though he enjoyed adventure, he wouldnt mind trying to settle down, now that he was fully mature.

12-12-2020, 04:06 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

Volcan thought about what he said. She was also from another place, nd for a long while she had wandered, looking for the perfect place before realizing it was beneath her nose. But the power she now had gave her a sense of fulfillment. "It's always nice to see new things, as I have learned through my years. But I have also learned it gets tiring, an exaustion that's hard to shake, knowing your lost even if you know where you are." the goddess stated, waiting a few moments to speak again, "Ignis Empire always has a place for the lost, as long as they are able to provide for the better of the kingdom."