Lioness of Prideless
Played by violetta

I want to be alone,
Alone with you — does that make sense?
'to me.' helayne wasn't the most secure woman. at least, not when it came to her own image of herself. for years, she lived in the shadows of others, then lived under shadows. so, she'd be the first to admit that she had insecure tendencies, it was the hand she was dealt. it's not as if the lioness had many opportunities to build a strong sense of self. the biggest help had been traveling on her own; depending on herself to get fed and find the safest possible place to rest. helayne did that on her own - no scraps accepted or begging necessary. long story short, she was unconfident - working on it, but still jumpy.

it was no surprise to her that the comment spun her for a moment. 'to me', that replayed in the woman's head. at least you don't seem to be the lying type. hela laughed, and for her? that was progress.

i'm your first then? i'm flattered. the smallest grin pulled at her lips. blue seemed to say everything plainly. no fanfare, poetry, or dishonesty necessary. helayne needed that, it didn't relax her, but it came dangerously close. her grin turned into a hint of a frown. i'm helayne blanc. preferably, just helayne. she said, not bothering to dip her head. apparently, she was oddly small enough to blue. how long have you been in the area? i arrived yesterday.

@Blue

Photo by Polina Kuzovkova on Unsplash