Rex of Ignis Empire
Played by Fess

Hunter did not attempt to withdraw as she spoke of the past with distain. Hopeful fools was it? Interesting. So it seemed she wished for power and adoration, but not just from any sort - rather only of the sort she deemed worthy. So demanding. His lips twitched as a wonder occurred to him...had she been born so arrogantly entitled, or was it a learned trait perhaps the result of the adoration now scorned?

Ah, but wait, there is more. It also seemed she was a black widow of sorts, fine with reproducing with those seen as lesser for the sake of offspring, but then disposing of them neatly and moving to the next afterward. It was telling that she spoke only of worth in accordance to what she could be offered, something Hunter made note of as he continued to build a sort of profile of her personality in his head.

Hunter was a very different sort, he would not deem to gift anyone that sort of physical intimacy and liberty to touch him in such a way unless they were first deemed worthy for some reason. And to be worthy made one to him, by definition, not so disposable.

The mention of limited freedom for females was noted as well, a glimpse perhaps into a little bit of why some of that distain existed. She was so certain of what was 'deserved' and he had to wonder just how severely life would prove to disappoint, and how she might handle such disappointment. The mores specific asperations a soul held, the more chances to be sorely disappointed. Perhaps these were questions he would linger around on and off often enough to witness the answers for himself.

Not all 'gods and goddesses' were worthy of worship after all, some were doomed to fade into obscurity. This was not to say there was no time for her to prove her words less ego and more arrogance, actually build some sort of fierce legacy in the land.

But to be truly 'Devine?' it made him endlessly entertained.

Her ears pricked and she did not seem to withdraw. Nor did he. Seeking to remain so close, close enough to have whispered near her ear a moment prior. Close enough his scent of warm citrus and spice might be caught and the heat from his frame would be obvious in the cold. His own gaze shifted to rest on her throat, more specifically the right side as his head turned slightly to his own right so as to gaze at the black and hazelnut hued long fur. Intensely. Contemplatively.

What was it like? He takes in a slow deep breath. His lips twist slowly higher at the edges, an almost humoring tolerance in place as he decided to give the question serious thought and true response. "Intoxicating." his lips twitch, maw slipping open just a hair allowing longer than average canines to become more apparent.

"You mention the lure of power over others, and what is more powerful than literally consuming them and absorbing everything into yourself, or consequently ... erasing there existence entirely?" as far as dominance was concerned he could think of nothing more telling than literally consuming your lessers.

"But truth be told it is the blood that calls to me more. And fully half the allure is in the hunt, with the meal being more afterthought and bonus." like a pleasant afterthought of sorts. With a dark chuckle he sought to bring his maw close to the side of her neck, not quite touching...but hovering a couple inches or so above the fur if she permitted it.

"I thought about it. A lovely end to a encounter with a proclaimed goddess. Think of it, to devour a deity? What a fascinating experience that would be..." entertaining to say the least. And yet. He would aim to withdraw then, the intense predatory air remaining but becoming a hair more restrained for the moment. "And yet I prefer to make a meal of those who annoy me. To eat you ... would be a waste of a interesting and entertaining conversation partner." that did not mean he was not still, faintly, considering enjoying her blood sometime. That need not be lethal after all.

"I believe I will go for a walk beneath the storm. You may join me if you wish." or not, as she desired. But he needed to ... walk it off before he honestly did end up.... well doing something. She had the effect of entertaining, inspiring a touch of distain over the asperation of divinity, and generally interesting him. And even he didn't know which of those feelings would win out at any moment. He would hate to waste a good thing too soon. Or at all really. With a chuckle, like dark silk, a ivory smile would be flashed at her, abnormally long canines on display before he turned to walk down the lake shore beneath cracks of lightning. Leave them wanting more.....a wonderful game...don't you think?

--- Exit Hunter ---

@Volcan

code by corvus