Lion of Ithilien
Played by Naboo

As they became more comfortable within the presence of one another something caught him off-guard. The gentle bump against him and the joke that accompanied brought forth a mirthful laugh from his lips. Carmine gaze flickered toward Abe's face and for a moment he'd leaned in to the gesture, a devilish grin appearing on the corners of his lips. "I hope for your sake there isn't anything ahead, I'm not sure you could outrun me." It dawned on him then that his companion was also a lot cleaner than he was, much more refined and less gritty, he casually stomped on the water once so that it would bring up a splattering of swampy droplets while pretending it wasn't on purpose - not very well, though as his lips fully pulled into a grin and he felt a strange heat rise within his face.

Concern though for some reason suddenly made him uncomfortable, but it wasn't the darkness and the unknown that had concerned it. It was actually Abe's reaction, and for some reason it made him weary, somewhat unsettled that the other had reacted that way to his stories. Perhaps they were more than just harmless tales, or perhaps it just wasn't something that Abe liked.

Trying to brush that out of his mind he felt himself reeling for some way to recover. It was then that the water started to shake and ripple beneath his feet, as if something in the distance was happening. There was no apparent danger of it approaching, there was nothing other than the pickling and boiling of the water underfoot but nothing seemed disturbed outside of that. He paused his step once more and looked into the distance. "Something.. something has happened in the mountain." Unbeknownst to them at the challenge for Arsynia and Minerva an earthquake had shaken the earth and split it open to the catacombs, closing miraculously once Arsynia had been sucked into it. Here though there were only tremors, and for a moment it provided reprieve (at least, so he thought) from the topic of ghosts and discomfort. "No use in putting much merit into wives tales. Where you come from did they have legends, or tales passed down?" Maybe that would ease it, he came back into his comfort level and picked up his stride again, eagerly looking to Abe to see if the lion would join him once more.

@Abraham
art by munk, code by naboo