Lioness of Prideless
Played by pine

i
n spite of @Kilian's obvious concern, instinct urged vëalíre to move away—to retreat—at the lion's careful approach; and yet, she did not. she simply didn't have the energy—nor the strength—to do so. the lioness could feel her body swaying, rocking in time with the push and pull of the ebbing tide that lapped at her paws; she shivered, then. but vëalíre knew not if the quiver stemmed simply from the growing chill that accompanied time spent in the water; or if it was something m o r e, something rooted in the aftermath of — of what? came her sudden thought, frown tugging at her lips and furrowing the taut lines of her battered face. how did i get here?

and suddenly, she was falling — plummeting head over heels in a cascade of rocks and bodies. she could hear screams ( distant sounds echoing in her ears — far off, and yet, so close ), and in them, she knew there was death she could feel her own cry building, bubbling and boiling, within her throat, and as she crashed into another, ricocheting off something hard and j a g g e d, vëalíre screamed. the ocean roared beneath her, waves churning in a hungry dance, and she crashed into its gaping maw — vision darkening as she disappeared beneath the surface into unearthly silence.

vëalíre awoke ( if one could call it that, emerging from the grips of a haunting ) to find kilian's inspection complete, the clinical hum of his voice—words she had not quite caught—fading within her ears: away from...water...walk? exhaustion, pain, and a sense of disorientation washed over her, and though vëalíre could not fully process what had been said, the meaning was clear. sanctuary — a refuge from the sea and all that she had lost. "please," she whispered, lifting her weary gaze to meet his, "take me away from this place."

»«

code to pine