Lioness of Prideless
Played by Naboo

The strange sensation of shame slowly began to leech away from her, the warmth of his muzzle pressed against her and the sting of her tears on her cheeks - or were they his? - rooted her in the reality of the moment. He was here, he was real, he was hers once more, how she would not squander this opportunity like she had the last so foolishly. Her breath hitched in her lungs and it felt like it was searing through there, a burning so painful that she sobbed outwardly as his cologne infiltrated her nostrils. That smell, his smell, it was now that she realized for the first time that this, that he was home to her. "You're... it's... i've.." Incoherent words rumbled from her lips as a low purr thrummed deep within her bosom, it ached to pull away from him but as she did she passed her cheek against his to wipe his tears, bright yellow eyes staring dotingly at him. Brother. Her rock, the one that ground her and the one who had always made her feel safe, loved, and important.

"I'm.... I'm so sorry." And that was all she could bring herself to say, all she could do whilst trying to stop the shame from corrupting her features, her smile turning somewhat distant and sad as the tears still burned in the corners of her eyes. "I've missed you, I've missed you so much." She would never let him go again, she could not ever put herself - and clearly him - through that again. A part of her couldn't believe that he was forgiving her, that he was so openly accepting her back once more after her abandonment. The dark part of her brain, that whispering, taunting voice made her wonder what she'd ever done to deserve finding him once more, as though this may be too good to last, to good to be true; but the whispers she held at bay with each moment longer that her eyes stayed fixated on him. The face staring back at her was that of a strong, grown lion whom she'd always regret having missed so much of his life, whose guidance she had desperately needed so many times and had no one to turn to.

@Vermillion
vervel
art by redthelioness, code by naboo