× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

Beyond my kingdom
01-14-2021, 05:04 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

The ember eyed woman's gaze hardened, and a small snarl lifted on her maw. She knew she was in no shape to fight him, but she would not stand there and take such bold words from someone who was not enlightened. Dare he stand up to a goddess? To say such things to the face of one who was born with a crown? Dare the ashen man be such a fool? She forced her hackles to lay back down, and the obsidian woman too a deep breath, and sat back on her haunches, stance even prouder than before, golden gaze still like volcanic rock.

Long claws kneaded at the grassy bed below her, a distraction from digging them instead into his eyes, those eyes that dared look at her as an equal. But to have her kingdom grow, she needed ti listen to her people and their needs. Munnin, ashen boy~ clearly you know nothing of my kingdom, of my rule. So let me tell you. She began, her last words nearly spat at his feet. She had a temper, she knew, and was trying hard to keep it in check. Those who serve beneath me are treated fairly. I rule a fair kingdom, I may be empress, and you may have a king, but the word of those considered common are taken into consideration. I rule based on the needs of those who are technically beneath me, and all i ask of my people is respect, loyalty, and to provide as needed. She began to stand back up, folded ears like a demonic crown of horns upon her head, Now, do you understand?

@Muninn
Code by Naboo, Ref by Habitual Nightmare

01-14-2021, 05:35 PM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 01-14-2021, 05:39 PM by Muninn.)
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Tyrannidae

Her pride coiled under the weight of his words. She took visible offense, and he knew he had struck a cord. She then spoke, spitting her words at his feet. The very disrespect that shot through her maw and burned in her eyes validating to him that she had been working her charm to simply enlist him as yet another one of her 'adoring' thralls. He allowed his lips to peel back in a dangerous snarl, silent yet threatening that she had better watch her tongue.

He hated being manipulated.

"Indeed. I understand that you are not quite as foolish as I gave you credit for... despite your bold tongue.

You recognize that loyal subordinates are imperative, so you do what you must to keep them caged under your claws. You keep them dependent on you, manipulated into believing they have a say in your decisions. To feed them from your paw is to keep them subdued. I shall not be fed so blindly.

My ambition demands more of me than to be a stranger's servant. I will settle for nothing less than to be your King. My life has been decided by others for far too long."

His growl had died away, and now his deep tone was eerily calm. She began to stand and he mirrored her movement gracefully, ears hidden away in his dark mane. His eyes watched her with dangerous distaste. She had attempted to manipulate him, and the anger he felt due to such a slight had not dissipated yet. He would allow her to deny him what he wished, but those were his terms. How badly did she want him on her side?

Of Mind and Memory
stock by xxxx | manip by xxx | code by twesh

@Volcan

("Hellu, I am Muni, and I'm New Boot Goofin' out here!")
DIS BE OF MAJOR IMPORTANCE!
Beware of Muninn. He is going though some changes. He can and will become quite erratic!
RP WITH HIM AT YOUR OWN RISK.
He is very likely to attempt bodily harm to your character, even when UNPROVOKED!!
01-14-2021, 05:56 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

Volcan felt hatred boil within her, the same feelings she had felt as she ended each and every husband. Dare he think he was worth being a king? And he had no place as such, for the position was already taken. You are mistaken in every way, ash lion. My kingdom, as of this moment, is made mostly up of my children- and my king, my lover, and the to be father of my future heirs, or at least most of them. I have no use to manipulate the one who serves as a knight, for he respects me, and he is loyal, because i provided in his time of need. I have no need to manipulate, or there are no out of line thoughts to reform. And you have no place directly by my side, not now, and you would be lucky if ever- only if my current dies. You have a fire within you, that I both admire, and want to quench. If you join my ranks, I can offer you a higher rank later on- but first you must prove yourself to me.

@Muninn

01-14-2021, 06:09 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Tyrannidae

Muninn watched as the female's hatred for him grew to such heights. She defended herself against his accusations, angry and grasping for anything that would prove that what he said was wrong. And yet, still, she had the audacity to offer him a place under her paw. She had attempted to cater to his whims, however, offering a higher rank than those who squabble in the mud and filth of her pawprints. He snorted at the offer.

"I must prove myself to no one."

The words rolled from his chest, entwined with a deep growl. She would consider him as her King if her current lover was to perish, eh? Perhaps that could be arranged.

He turned his back on her then, his posture as he left daring her to strike him from behind like a coward! He would welcome the excuse to strike her for her insolence. To make such an enemy as him was unwise, and sooner rather than later... she would come to realize this. He would do everything in his power to knock her off her pedestal.

To see the proud Goddess finally bow to his might would be his ultimate reward.

(Exit Muninn)

Of Mind and Memory
stock by xxxx | manip by xxx | code by twesh

@Volcan

("Hellu, I am Muni, and I'm New Boot Goofin' out here!")
DIS BE OF MAJOR IMPORTANCE!
Beware of Muninn. He is going though some changes. He can and will become quite erratic!
RP WITH HIM AT YOUR OWN RISK.
He is very likely to attempt bodily harm to your character, even when UNPROVOKED!!
01-14-2021, 06:25 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

Slowly the fire within her began to flicker into nothing more than a candle, and at his continues insolence, she laughed. What a fool, to think her was worth anything more than to be dirt. The starving male she took in was worth so much more- at least he was a scholar, a healer. Speaking of, she thought perhaps she should pay him a further visit, request for him to treat her wounds, and offer to hunt for him in return. Because that is what she did- and eye for an eye. She knew what was best for her people.

And so as he haughtily turned and stormed away, a wicked smile spread across her face. Hunter had instilled a primal hunger in her, the craving for fellow predators. If this ashen male wanted to play, she would happily give him a game of cat and mouse- and in the end, the little mouse would find his way as nothing more than a pile of shit. She turned herself, and made her way back into her borders to tell Hunter of the peculiar encounter with a male lion who wished to be castrated in front of a crowd.

--Exit Volcan