× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

Bleached
12-22-2020, 01:52 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Bryn,
Lioness of Prideless
Played by ResidentRowan

The two would separate, and Bryn looked a lot less tense. A grin spreading across their pale lips. Their brother’s curse made them snicker, what a way to greet your brother. Bryn was still a bit surprised. But to be fair, Hunter had a wider range than non-cannibalistic lions. He could hunt other lions if need be (if they had provoked him, of course.) Bryn just hoped they had abided by the family laws about innocents. The dark brown feline shrugged at Hunter’s comment, rolling their eyes.

At Sev’s tease, Bryn held back a snicker, not wanting to give Séverin the satisfaction. You laugh at too many of his jokes, his ego gets huge. They approach Hunter's right side, sidling up next to Sev before going in to press their cheek against his for a few moments. At his comment about the two of them being bored, they scoffed and would step back, “no, I tried to escape Sev and his awful quips but he followed me,” they sighed dramatically, “unfortunately, he followed and now we’re here.” Bryn grinned at their brother, hoping for an offended look of some sort. “Obviously, you didn’t eat enough, because I’m still the tallest,” they teased, nose wrinkling up as they smiled. To be fair, their mohawk also gave a phantom look of being even taller than their current height.

speech
As long as someone will bleed
manip by ResidentRowan(me) | code by twesh
@Séverin @Hunter

12-30-2020, 12:52 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by KittyKookiez

Eee sorry for the late reply! Christmas happened, and then my Mom's birthday happened >o<

“A 'What the fuck? Hunter?'” he repeated, trying to distract himself from the faint, teasing scent of blood. It was easier to do that, knowing that the blood came from family--someone he would never dare to hurt on purpose, “Sneaking up on us like that! I would have ripped your fur off if you were a stranger, you little furball.”

Bryn responds to Hunter's comment before Séverin can get a word in, prompting a fake scowl to come across his face. In retaliation, the male attempts to cuff Bryn along their closest ear, responding regardless of whether he's successful or not, “If I didn't come, you'd be food for the crows in no time,” a flash of teeth is shown in a grin, willing Bryn to say more. Afterwards, his attention falls back onto Hunter, curious to see how his brother has been.

“What have you been up to since we stopped cubsitting you?” oh, the teasing and wry comments would stop no time soon, especially because he missed his brother so much. They've known him for too long to not know just how much they meant to him, and just how keen he was to shit-talk them to show it.

“Text”

01-03-2021, 10:47 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Rex of Ignis Empire
Played by Fess

He laughed, the sound like low black and silver cascading bells. Poison and flame gaze resting on Bryn for a moment and clearly lit with a further returning calm and humor.

"Oh you should know by now, there is no escape from that. And I am perfectly healthy...you are just freakishly tall. Did you eat too many giraffe while I was gone?" Their brother would likely follow them to the underworld and comment on how hot the weather was. But that was what made him so endearing.

As far as Bryn's height....holly crap....obviously they got more of Dad's blood because...damn. But it was not so much of a difference as to be embarrassing so Hunter was perfectly content to joke and offer a 'mock scowl' for a moment.

Attention shifts back to Severin. An yes, a 'what the fuck. Hunter.' the better of the two options. It meant the attack was totally accidental so to speak. The smile on his face grew slightly into one that showed a bit of good natured fang.

"But that is what makes it so much fun." your brother is a adrenaline junky and prone to impulsive action his whole life, it was not about to change now that he was a young adult.

"Mmmm...you suck at that job. Than again, I am alive so perhaps not." Honestly what good cub sitters loose track of their charge? But of course he was joking. "Mostly exploring. Meeting fascinating people...occasionally eating them depending on how much of an asshole they prove to be. These lands have far more to offer than...this present place." he was bluntly honest with his siblings, having zero need to hide anything. They new his nature.

He pondered briefly telling them about Volcan. Rolling the idea around in his head, wondering if they could play nice and play along if he brought them to see her. Bryn probably could...but would Severin be able to keep a strait face? Hmmm..

@Bryn @Séverin

code by corvus

01-04-2021, 06:45 PM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 01-04-2021, 06:45 PM by Bryn.)
  Reply   |  
Bryn,
Lioness of Prideless
Played by ResidentRowan

A sudden paw comes crashing down upon their ear and they laugh heartily. Gently pushing against Sev for a few seconds, snickering still. “Yeah I’m the one who’d be crowfood, I’m not the one who complains to you to go hunt for us!” Yeah, that was one time, but Bryn was still salty about it. The tall lion had simply pushed him to get up and help them hunt. It was hard bringing down enough food as is. Hunting with a group was much easier. At the comment about eating a giraffe, they scoffed, “So you’re telling me you’ve been eating rabbit like Sev here, then? I prefer to eat like royalty, sir.”

Which was true, when they had extra to spare, Bryn was the one eating it. What could they say, food was food and food was good. At the comment about the cub sitting, Bryn snickered. As if, the two of them were the ones who’d been cub sitting their younger siblings back home. So much whining. Maybe that’s why Bryn had decided to leave. At the mention of eating lions, Bryn feigned gagging. The other two knew they definitely preferred blood to straight up meat. But he didn’t judge the other two for their preferences. Drinking blood was strange to most, as well. They had to stick up for each other.

After a moment, they spoke again, a teasing smirk on their face, “found yourself any prospective lovers yet? Or have you eaten them all by now?” Ah yes, it was probably too late to save the women from their handsome brother. Not really, he was short. Women would like someone tall, like Bryn, of course. Though the tallest littermate wasn’t exactly interested in that at this point. More worried about finding a juice pouch to get their blood from. “Anyone to set me up with? Men or women. Or someone to drink from, I’m not picky.”

speech
As long as someone will bleed
manip by ResidentRowan(me) | code by twesh
@Séverin @Hunter

01-07-2021, 02:03 AM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 01-07-2021, 02:06 AM by Séverin.)
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by KittyKookiez

[This particular post might be rated M for mature!]

It was not something he talked about. There was nothing to say. Severin resisted the urges within him, to make others bleed and feast upon the remains of the recently dead. He knew from experience how addictive it was, how easily it could consume him, and he feared that his actions would come to end his life early. Death itself was not something he was afraid of, but if he can avoid it, he will do so.

The man remains silent as they joke of eating others and blood donors, and tried to will away the thoughts and feelings of the days when he allowed himself to feel those joys. When the sacrifice of another gave him euphoria, when he ripped and tore through to let the blood spill and soak the earth below, creating a pool he would lick from.

He closed his eyes and sighed, releasing those memories from his mind, “I'm glad to know the rest of the land nearby doesn't look like this shithole,” he said, no difference in his voice, casual as before, though he wasn't trying to hide his recomposing a moment ago, “lead us there? Then maybe I can finally find some good fucking good.”

Note to self: Quick-editing the post also removes the built-in code >.>
Another edit: I lied. The code returned o.O

01-10-2021, 12:45 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Rex of Ignis Empire
Played by Fess

"Yes. Rabbits. Who did not run or bite nearly hard enough." he agreed with an amused glint in his eyes, words unlikely matching up with the true meaning. Not that Hunter would not eat rabbit. He enjoyed all warm blooded creatures, even birds...although they were a pain with all the small bones and feathers.

"Potentally...although she is quite delusional, perhaps slightly insane. I enjoy her company, she never fails to entertain. So, if you two meet her..play along and play nice for me hmmm? Her name is Volcan. Oh and I'm a 'dark god'." He grinned at Bryn, the Severin just knowing this was going to earn some fun commentary.

"I will happily do so. This way..." he said, almost sing song, in a great mood and intending to lead the way to the lake area. Not trespassing of course, but to the non claimed portion of the forest. where his den was presently.

---Exit Hunter playing tour guide ---
@Séverin @Bryn

code by corvus