× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

halcyon days
12-09-2020, 01:39 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Knight of Ignis Empire
Played by Rico

The air was permeated with moisture and the forest was louder than any he had ever ventured through before, but Salvador moved beneath the broad canopy with fascination glittering in his silver-blue eyes as his gaze swept over the flora to fauna of the area. This tropical world was unlike anything the gaunt feline had visited before, and the strangeness of it all was a welcome distraction from the shadows that lurked in the back of his mind which had come calling in his dreams the night before. Dry eyes and heavy limbs were evidence of the fatigue that lingered in him from his restless night, but Salvador was fortunate enough to have a pervasive appetite for both food and exploration to distract him.

The cry of a bird somewhere above his head inspired the lion to pause his advance, and he turned to glance up at where the creature had called. His silver-blue gaze flitted sharply to a nest that rested in the lowest branches of the tree, and immediately his interest was piqued. As he had discovered recently: eggs were yummy and nutritious. He pivoted with a grace that belied the weariness he felt, and, balancing on his haunches, he reached upwards to rest his paws on the branch just a foot away from the nest. He made to peer into it, to see what treasures it might offer, but the mama bird would not relinquish her home so easily. Making good use of what defensive techniques evolution gave her, Salvador was deterred by the sharp stabs of her beak and wild, frenzied flaps of her broad wings.

“Ow, ow, okay!” He sputtered amid her noisy, unhappy protests as she landed several jabs against his snout, and with pointed ears drawn back against his skull he jerked away and returned all four paws to the soft loam of the rainforest floor. He drew a paw to his abused, bleeding snout before turning away with a grunt, a frown wrinkling his expression as he made to continue his exploration of the forest.

12-10-2020, 06:16 AM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 12-10-2020, 06:17 AM by Matthias.)
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by KittyKookiez

Sometimes, Matthias would sit down and spend hours just grooming his pelt. Often, he would just take a few minutes out of his day several times a day to get dirt from between his paws or twigs out of his mohawk. His trip through the rainforest was a very careful one. He knew it was impossible to stay completely clean (or as clean as a wild animal could get, I suppose) in this place, but was careful to avoid any particularly smiley puddles or thicket of loose branches.

He was making his cautious trek when he, too, heard the sound of a bird’s cry and thought, perhaps I can get myself a quick snack? the rainforest seemed thick enough for him to hide in all the foliage and undergrowth. He figured if he found a good angle, he could sneak up close enough to pounce. He did exactly that; begin his sneak towards the source of the sound, only to notice that there was a different sound being made now. Pretty soon he found a culprit: a lioness that looked around his age. She was rather large for a woman. He smirked, ready to greet himself to the sandy-colored femmie--that is, until she got her good share of jabs by the unrelenting mother bird.

Lips curl as a small giggle escapes his maw lowly; he stops it, hopefully just before she could hear it, then clears his throat to both regain himself and announce his presence. He'd forgotten all about the bird now; there was a much more delicious meal in front of him now. With head held high and tailed curled just a little as a show of confidence, he makes his way towards the lady with a smooth-voiced greeting, “Hello, pretty lady. Rainforest not treating you well?” he aimed to keep a respectful four or so feet away, approaching her from her right side. There was a smile on his face and open attitude about him. He truly wished to conversate.

12-10-2020, 11:06 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Knight of Ignis Empire
Played by Rico

A dull throb bloomed around the tender broken skin along his snout, and for a moment the disgruntled would-be huntsman was too caught up in the ache to notice he was being watched. The small laugh that had escaped the onlooker mingled benignly with the cacophony of their jungle atmosphere, lost to the flattened ears of the scholar. Salvador still had his paw raised to his snout when a direct approach was made from his right side, and only when the silhouette of the blue-toned lion deliberately separated from the emerald backdrop did he finally take notice.

Salvador’s notice preceded the strangers introduction by a quarter of a breath, to the point where, had the other intended aggression, it would not have mattered. As it was, Salvador’s paw fell away from his face as surprise registered across his masked expression and silver-blue eyes fastened to the lion as his introduction was made. Hello, pretty lady. Rainforest not treating you well? The flattery was paired with courtesy and a fair bit of truth that Salvador had no issue acknowledging, but there was a certain misidentification that inspired a brief laugh from his throat, and worked to dispel some of his initial shock. “One of those things is true.” He replied, a quick and almost flirtatious smile flitting wryly across his lips as he considered the other lion.

At the height of his health, Salvador was still a slender feline, but in his current state he probably matched the stranger pound-for-pound despite the couple of inches of height he had over him. And where his pelt was warm tones, this stranger possessed cool blues and grays, and even the hue of their eyes were complementary opposites. However, all physical observations aside, the man seemed affable and genuine and Salvador was intrigued despite what discomfiture he might have otherwise felt. “I’m not very familiar with this kind of land and it doesn’t seem to be agreeing with me quite as well as I had hoped.” He glanced around to the flora that surrounded them, his gaze flitting quickly but never quite allowing the blue-toned lion to escape from his peripheral. For all that he seemed friendly, Salvador knew he was outmatched, and when his silver-blue eyes returned to meet the warm apricot of the others, he offered another smile. “My name is Salvador.” He introduced, his head tilting ever-so-slightly as he hoped the introduction would be reciprocated, but he would not request it at this moment.

12-11-2020, 08:20 AM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 12-14-2020, 11:25 PM by Matthias.)
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by KittyKookiez

It was the smell that gave away the lionesses' true identity first, a realization which caused his once confident posture to change to a more modest one; tail lowering and ears flipping back for just a moment. The other male spoke in a friendly tone--and now that Matt got to hear more than words of surprise, it was obvious that the other definitely was no woman. He wouldn't allow himself to feel embarrassed, opting instead to quickly put the misinterpretation in the past as fast as he could. It didn't happen.

“Me neither,” the rainforest didn't seem like the friendliest place, although there are far worse places they could be, “I haven't had any mishaps myself, but I haven't been here long and I already feel like my luck is going to run out soon. Who could ever live here.” the last sentence seems to be more of a distant question he asks himself than anything else.

He's observing his surroundings when the sandy-toned male introduces himself as Salvador, prompting Matthias to look from the neverending greenery to the other's silver-blue eyes. Such pretty eyes for a man.

Did I just think that? “Matthias,” he offers with a small smile, shooing the uninvited thought away to replace it with an idea: “If you're up for it, perhaps we can stick together long enough to find something worth hunting. Two is always better than one. I won't mind sharing.”

12-11-2020, 10:55 PM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 12-13-2020, 02:38 PM by Salvador.)
  Reply   |  
Knight of Ignis Empire
Played by Rico

The stranger earned a degree of admiration from Salvador with the way he handled the realization that his initial observation had been incorrect. There had been only the shifting of posture, perhaps an easing of his initial bravado, but otherwise he seemed otherwise unphased and willing to continue their conversation regardless. Salvador envied his composure but was glad for the company and would still take the earlier compliment to heart even if it no longer applied. He didn’t mind being pretty, there were worse things.

The scholar’s gaze flicked back to their topography as the stranger illustrated on his own misgivings about this lush and exotic locale. It relieved him to hear the stranger confirm that his misfortune was not completely without substance, and the lion wondered if his trailing question was rhetorical or not. “Well, I for one hope your luck stays with you. I imagine, if one were used to such terrain, this forest could be abundant and rich, but it probably doesn’t behave kindly towards the novice or ill prepared.” He replied thoughtfully, his drifting gaze returning in an effort to meet the others apricot eyes, a faint smile still lingering across his masked façade, as he was poking fun at his own misadventure with the eggs.

The blue-toned stranger returned the courtesy of introduction easily, and Salvador inclined his muzzle in acknowledgment of the introduction but said nothing as the other was speaking again. This time of hunting, and for a moment, the lion felt a sense of dismay and excitement war within him at his proposal. “That sounds lovely, only I--” The sense of hesitation was clear in his tenor, and his ears slicked backwards against his skull before pushing forward again. “I would be happy to join you, Mattias, but I am not being humble when I say I make a poor hunter.” He explained, his masked expression carefully neutral—he surprised himself by how much he cared to admit this. Usually, this was a thing he had no qualms discussing. “I am very good at flushing out prey, though, if you’d like help that way.” He added after a pause, a dry little half-smile wrinkling his cheek as he considered the other and wondered what Mattias might make of his contribution.

12-13-2020, 07:49 AM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 12-13-2020, 08:07 AM by Matthias.)
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by KittyKookiez

Matthias thought about his words for a moment; the land was uncaring, sure, but it wasn't hostile, “You know what, I take it back,” he says, right after Salvador's comment on the land's treatment towards the ill-prepared, “How much you wanna bet--give it a few weeks or months--this place is gonna end up being claimed by some shady ass pride of lions?” his tone was jovial and light, a gleam in his eyes as he spoke, yet he fully meant what he said. It was apparent in his tone.

The two lions continued in their walk, Matt being sure to keep a look out for anything that might try to jump out at them or pounce if he stayed unaware. He was quite enjoying the other's company, and it was cleared that the man was enjoying his too. At his proposal, Salvador seemed to hesitate, causing Matthias to look at him with just the slightest appearance of worry. Was he going to say no? They'd only just met! But it wasn't so--the words that came out was not a definitive no, only humble words at his flaws, “That's all right. As long as you're with me,” his tone was so casual, unaware it could potentially be taken in a more...amorous way.

Now that they were expecting to hunt soon, Matthias took care in not being too loud. Didn't want to startle the good stuff, “So, Salvy--mind if I call you Salvy?” he didn't wait for an answer, “What kind of fun stuff have you done in your life? I've got tons of exciting stories to tell, if you want to hear them, but I'd like to hear one of yours first,” and, while the other thought of a story, Matthias occupied himself with a different nickname he could give the other. Salvy wasn't quite hitting yet. Sal? No. Dory? Maybe, maybe...

OOC: Don't discover any prey yet -- I have an idea Big Grin

12-14-2020, 09:59 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Knight of Ignis Empire
Played by Rico

“…this place is gonna end up being claimed by some shady ass pride of lions?” Salvador’s gaze flicked over their lush surroundings as the other spoke, but then returned to Matthias with legible doubt written across his masked expression, his silver-blue eyes glittering with interest. “You think so? My guess is it would take months, if not longer. I should think only an established group would want to claim this wild country, and I have yet to see many of those…” He countered, with a questioning lilt in his otherwise thoughtful tenor before looking back to their path with a shake of his head. “Then again, I’m new to these parts.” He said dismissively, but he wondered if Matthias knew something he did not about the politics here, or perhaps the blue-toned lion had ambitions for himself in this tropical abode.

However, the scholar set aside his speculation as their conversation momentarily teetered on an awkward brink, and he tilted his gaze back to the other lion, silver-blue irises glinting. Salvador had been strangely apprehensive about revealing his ineffectiveness as a hunter so openly to this affable stranger, but his concern seemed unfounded as it was dismissed with a glib reassurance. He quirked a brow and the glinting in his eyes softened as a smile reappeared across his expression. “Works for me.” He replied, a warm cadence in his tone as he turned away, his thoughts flitting back to their task at hand – one that would require most, if not all, of his concentration. He didn’t want to embarrass himself in front of this handsome stranger, after all.

Taking his cues from the subtle changes in Matthias’s form, Salvador focused on adjusting his posture and approach as well. He began to step lightly and allowed his senses to concentrate on the environment around the duo, however Matthias’s voice called back his attention and his focus on hunting waned. “If it must be shortened, I will prefer Sal.” He answered, glancing to the lion as he considered the second part of his request. Stories were right up his alley, but he was in the habit of collecting the histories of others rather than creating his own so that caveat presented an obstacle to him launching immediately into a story. His brow wrinkled in thought and he turned back to their trail, reminding himself that he needed to mind his steps so he didn’t startle any prey. “Well maybe, what is your idea of ‘fun stuff’?” He asked after a moment, his eyes still resting on the scene before him. Salvador was much more interested in Matthias’s tales than any he could share, but since the quid pro quo was established, he wanted to understand how the other defined interesting or exciting.

12-16-2020, 07:11 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by KittyKookiez

“Mmm...” he mused, eyes glancing around the scenery for prey, “Any scary-cool lands you've seen? Wicked plots going about? Like...maybe you've witnessed a backstabbing in the making...” his tone was even lower on that last sentence, as if the very people were involved were watching them now, but it was all an obvious act, Or... there's a distinct shift in his tone here, now characterized by his intonations than volume, “Met any...'interesting' women?”

There was a wide grin on his face, one he wouldn't allow Salvy to see as he pretended to be occupied in his search, pretended that the subject wasn't as interesting as he was making it out to be.

If Salvador had any story to tell, he probably only had time to let a few sentences out* before Matthias interrupted him. It was sudden and swift; the rapid change in his posture as it went from covert to excited. He looks so happy, the way he jolts upright and smiles, as if he's won ten grams of catnip! There it was, the reason for his fervor: the green scales gleamed under what little light could reach through the canopy. Thick, serpentone body woven around itself and the low-hanging branches. Its tongue slipped in and out of its mouth excessively, completely aware of the two predators nearby.

“Dude, are you thinking what I'm thinking?” his eyes glistened with glee, looking over at Sal to see if his eyes reflected his own, “We're gonna eat a fuckin' snake.”

* = If you have the muse to write out a full story, or more than just a few sentences, I'd love to hear it! This is just to save you the time if you don't feel like writing one :3

12-22-2020, 06:34 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Knight of Ignis Empire
Played by Rico

They walked in relative cadence, with Salvador’s focus divided between maintaining a semblance of stealth and also on their conversation – the latter being far more entertaining than the former, in his humble opinion. He was quiet for a moment after Matthias expounded on his request, and Salvador considered what stories or intrigues he could possibly share with the stranger that wouldn’t cause him to fall over in sleep.

The comment about women was met with a sidelong glance, silver-blue eyes darting over the other’s expression in hopes of reading it, but his divided attention was pulled away when he inadvertently stumbled over an exposed root. “Women, oh,” he began, his voice betraying a note of surprise, “no, not recently.” He added as he recovered, deciding to say recently instead of what he had meant to say, which was really.

“I did once meet a lion who took on a bull rhino alone, to protect a lioness of a warring kingdom. He keeps its horned skull as a trophy. He claimed that—” He stopped when the abrupt interruption of his companion heralded the notice of a serpent coiled in the branches nearby. For a moment, Salvador only regarded Matthias in his new form – exuding a keen, happy enthusiasm – before he followed his eyes and spied the reptile. It was at this time Matthias exclaimed their goal, and Salvador shifted his gaze again back to his hunting partner. “A snake,” He repeated, the dubiousness in his voice was inspired more by his lack of skill than the prey itself, but he managed a quick smile for the other lion. In the face of such excitement, it was difficult to entertain any sort of negativity. “Tell me what you need from me.” He said then, his glinting hues flitting back to their quarry as he waited for any instructions or guidance Matthias might offer.

ooc | so sorry for the delay!

12-26-2020, 10:45 PM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 12-26-2020, 10:51 PM by Matthias.)
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by KittyKookiez

There was almost disappointment in his eyes as the other had no recent stories about any lionesses, but it was replaced with a glimpse of understanding before it could even come to light. There were also times when the blue-toned lion had no stories of that topic to tell--actually, who was he kidding? He always had a good story to tell. But they were not always new, and he preferred to tell new stories.

Matthias was listening with interest at Sal's story, one ear perked towards his friend while the other searched for prey. His eyes remained focused on the task at hand, but he never got to hear the story before Matthias noticed the large serpent*. Queue his reaction.

“I like your enthusiasm,” Matthias growled, his own enthusiasm leaking through his words, “Here's what I want you to do,” his voice was even lower now, though there was no point. It had obviously seen them, and was still staring at them intensely, “Snakes are pretty aggressive, right? Especially the large ones. I want you to get in front of it and be the distraction. Don't look all aggressive--we don't want it shrinking back. While you're doing that, I'll get behind it and try to yank it off the tree. That's when I'll be the distraction. I'll try to move most of it's body away from you by pulling its tail away, then while it's focused on me, you pounce on it and go for the throat. Try to aim right behind the head,” his tail, though lowered, was curled behind him with pride.

Don't worry. I knew guys who used to hunt snakes for their venom. They taught me a lot about them,” one thing he left out, though, was that those snakes were only a few feet long. But he was not worried. In his mind, his plan could not fail.

Under the assumption Sal had no qualms, the mohawk-maned lion would crouch down low and unobtrusive, slinking his way through the thicket so he could make a careful, wide semi-circle around the serpent in his pursuit to get behind it.

“Text”

*It's an emerald tree boa