× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

the vital miasma
12-08-2020, 03:52 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Ithilien
Played by Naboo

It could be that when he looked towards Abe, staring at his large red eyes, that what resonated deeply within him was something earnest, something that he could only feel with his gut versus put into words. His smile once more reached his eyes tenderly, crinkling the edges and his voice picked up an almost joking undertone, the ridges of his brows furrowing slightly as a small laugh escaped his lips. "Maybe they know something we don't know." He knew the stories of ghosts and the whispers that had long plagued this land sounded like blasphemy, and he didn't know why he himself believed them. It was something almost endearing for him to look forward to, something that could be tangible and also never exist in the same breath; the mystery kept him on his toes just enough.

As he picked up stride alongside Abe he felt the waters wax and wane at his ankles, sometimes rising above and sometimes barely existing beneath his paws, he began to talk and lose track of where they were heading. The sound of his own voice began to lull him into a false sense of security, and deep within the mountain unbeknownst to them something was brewing. "I grew up on the ghost stories. To be honest I don't know if they were meant to scare me as a child into being good, or if there was any truth behind them." A strange fondness and warmth overcame his voice, and though they were walking forward down an uneven and murky path, occasionally he looked towards his companion in full. "They say that there is a mischievous being who roams Aesseldar, those blessed enough to have experienced his meddling usually come out unscathed," Emphasis was gently placed on 'usually' "though sometimes they are not as lucky, as though the lands themselves turn against you and nothing will stop the inevitable."

How silly he sounded like some wide-eyed child, but that mystery and that love of those tales was still evident in his voice now. Little did he know what would await them in a few steps, within a few minutes, but before the end of their journey here. But not yet... not yet... still he walked on at Abe's side, his pace beginning to slow though only because the waters were beginning to thicken into more of a mud than the murky water that it had been up to now. "I guess it's too late to turn back and see those crocs hm?"

@Abraham
ooc: no worries mine fluctuate! I think yours are actually still long some just look shorter bc of the font styling lol
art by munk, code by naboo

12-09-2020, 11:04 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Ithilien
Played by ResidentRowan

As Arodion smiled at him, he felt his cheeks heat up, if it weren’t for the layer of fluff there, he would glow red. It was so genuine. He hadn’t really ever stopped to connect with others, it was all surface level. But he felt like he knew the sandy male, if only a bit. He wanted to know more about him, even eager to. Abe scoffed gently at his comment, carefully hip bumping him, making sure to not use too much force. “Watch out there, you sure you can stay on your little paws with them skinny legs?” He grinned at him, though.

Abe was glad that the water was giving him a bit of a break, dreading the times when it was higher. As he continued to glide through the waters with his new friend, he wouldn’t admit it, but he wasn’t paying attention where he was going, at all, trusting the other to know his way around the swamp, since he’d been born here. As his voice met his ears, he turned to look at him as he spoke, looking intrigued. So, Volcan’s family were storytellers, too.

He looked uncomfortable as he heard the unscathed comment. Waiting until after the other stopped speaking, he said, “you know, if you’re trying to convince me to continue with you on this journey, you’re not doing that great,” he paused, “I’d really rather not either of use get dragged into quicksand or somethin’ that’d be my kinda luck.” As the water turned to paws, and he heard Arodion’s comment, one of his ‘eyebrows’ shot up, and he looked unconvinced. “I think crocs may be preferable to thick mud and the threat of some deity.” He wasn’t very religious, so he didn’t really know how much he bought into the idea. But Arodion seemed believing, and that made him a bit unnerved, thinking about an unlucky fate. Surely a deity wouldn’t bring him good luck, he wasn’t good nor worthy of something like that.
speech
Go West young man
manip by ResidentRowan (me) | code by twesh
@Arodion

12-11-2020, 04:23 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Ithilien
Played by Naboo

As they became more comfortable within the presence of one another something caught him off-guard. The gentle bump against him and the joke that accompanied brought forth a mirthful laugh from his lips. Carmine gaze flickered toward Abe's face and for a moment he'd leaned in to the gesture, a devilish grin appearing on the corners of his lips. "I hope for your sake there isn't anything ahead, I'm not sure you could outrun me." It dawned on him then that his companion was also a lot cleaner than he was, much more refined and less gritty, he casually stomped on the water once so that it would bring up a splattering of swampy droplets while pretending it wasn't on purpose - not very well, though as his lips fully pulled into a grin and he felt a strange heat rise within his face.

Concern though for some reason suddenly made him uncomfortable, but it wasn't the darkness and the unknown that had concerned it. It was actually Abe's reaction, and for some reason it made him weary, somewhat unsettled that the other had reacted that way to his stories. Perhaps they were more than just harmless tales, or perhaps it just wasn't something that Abe liked.

Trying to brush that out of his mind he felt himself reeling for some way to recover. It was then that the water started to shake and ripple beneath his feet, as if something in the distance was happening. There was no apparent danger of it approaching, there was nothing other than the pickling and boiling of the water underfoot but nothing seemed disturbed outside of that. He paused his step once more and looked into the distance. "Something.. something has happened in the mountain." Unbeknownst to them at the challenge for Arsynia and Minerva an earthquake had shaken the earth and split it open to the catacombs, closing miraculously once Arsynia had been sucked into it. Here though there were only tremors, and for a moment it provided reprieve (at least, so he thought) from the topic of ghosts and discomfort. "No use in putting much merit into wives tales. Where you come from did they have legends, or tales passed down?" Maybe that would ease it, he came back into his comfort level and picked up his stride again, eagerly looking to Abe to see if the lion would join him once more.

@Abraham

12-14-2020, 09:40 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Ithilien
Played by ResidentRowan

The man continued to trod smoothly through the waters. He had to walk a bit faster than he normally would, to keep up with his tall companion. The small jab at him made him laugh, yeah, he’d be in some bad luck if he had to outrun Arodion. He wasn’t exactly skilled in racing, better at short sprints. Water flung up at him, and he flinched slightly, before stomping some water back at the other, “hey, don’t be playing dirty now!” He grinned. Though he had to admit he found the whole thing pretty funny.

The silence lengthened between the two of them, but, Abe’s concern was genuine, so he didn’t feel the need to apologize. Although ghost stories didn’t bother him much, he thought it best to not bring it up and tempt fate, or, if the beings were real, tempt the spirits or ghosts. He could definitely see how lions thought the swamp could be haunted, especially in the part they were approaching. It had an unmistakably eerie feeling.

As the ground began to shake, for a moment he worried that they had truly upset some spirits. The lion looked wildly at Arodion, expecting an explanation from the native-born. Arodion spoke, and his ears pinned back, something effected a mountain? That was… concerning. His panic was short lived, though, as the tremors didn’t get worse, and they eventually subsided to a much more dull, barely noticeable shake. He breathed a small sigh of relief, before asking, “earthquakes common around Aesseldar?”

The other asked a different question, and he paused. Thinking if he should mention his father’s tales. Abraham glanced at Arodion for several moments, before he began to follow again. “My father got in trouble when he was young, had just turned two, got a female in another pride pregnant, but, she was already betrothed.” He sighed, “so, he was always paranoid and on the run, and because the pride he was in were nomads, a part of the pride did follow him, for a few months at least,” he shook his head, “when he and my ma had my sisters ‘nd I… they were still running, scared they’d kill us. As punishment.” He snorted, “probably wasn’t a real concern, though, I think he just… didn’t want to risk it. He’d tell us all kinds of tales, from his home pride, we’d come across nesting sites, suddenly abandoned, he’d call ‘em ghost prides, and said that some lonely souls still stalked the place.” He shrugged, “guess hearing ghost stories just makes me a bit bored, but they still make me a bit overly nervous.” He paused, realizing he had spoken for quite a long time, and wondering if he even said anything of substance. Sometimes, Abe just rambled on, without really knowing if what he said was important or boring.

speech
Go West young man
@Arodion

12-19-2020, 04:20 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Ithilien
Played by Naboo

Without having known where it had come from there was a warmth that blossomed within his belly when Abe splashed him back, the droplets of murky water igniting something and creating lightning where they struck as if he'd been touched by the other lion. It hadn't been a though that had occurred to him, for he knew not what romantic whims nor desires were for a long time - nor what had attracted him. He couldn't quite settle on what it was about Abe - for it wasn't just one thing, but he did know that when they were to part today he'd want to run into him again soon.

The look he got from his companion was nothing short of chaos, the embodiment of the earthquake that had moved the mountain. Though he didn't react too much outwardly beyond his previous pause and continuation in step, inwardly he wanted to go see, to explore what had occurred. While others ran away he would be running towards; ever a creature to fulfill the whim of his curiosity. He did not hesitate in answering the question though, softening the look on his face and exhaling calmly. "No, there has not been one for some time." He didn't know if that worried him more, or less, but it was the truth.

Before he had time to linger on the earthquake - though it was not forgotten - Abe began on the tales of his own family. There was a sort of sadness that entered his face and an empathy that overwhelmed him, mixing with a sense of guilt at having bored but also made him perhaps relive some moments that were not particularly great. Though for him it was all he had, all he could look forward to, and something that had kept him going for so long. "My stories must bore you then," A soft chuckle to break the tension as the softness returned to his carmine gaze once more. "Though your childhood does not sound easy either; for me it is something to look forward to. Perhaps putting weight into them gave me something to explore, to fill the areas where I felt alone. Company was not always easy to come by here." Perhaps it had been that spirit which had taken his family from him.

While he'd never know the answer, he wasn't one to linger. "Perhaps we should head towards the mountain? Make sure those that are here were not harmed."

@Abraham

12-20-2020, 10:08 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Ithilien
Played by ResidentRowan

Abe had kept an eye on the other to gauge his reaction to the spray of water, and he had seemed to react positively. He wondered if the other felt like it was getting warm and claustrophobic, or if that was just him. Abe hadn’t felt this way in a long time, and not as seriously, either. Sure, he’d had other males he’d fancied, but he often didn’t get close enough to them. Never got to know them. Attachments meant he couldn’t move on. But he didn’t need to move on now. As the day had gone on, he’d been more and more sure. This was where he was staying.

Abe was not one to run towards danger. No, he was pretty sure he’d rather run away. He wasn’t cowardly, but he found no joy in taking unnecessary risks. Especially near an earthquake. Sometimes they caused great split in the earth, and he didn’t like the idea of tumbling into a chasm today. No, the only thing on his mind was getting through this haunted bog. The other commented it wasn’t common, which brought him a bit of relief.

Abe was worried the other would pity him after his stories. A few had, in the past. It was most likely clear in his story his relationship with his father was not the greatest. Although he didn’t want to make the other think he resented his stories. His came from a place of childhood, Abe’s had come mostly from fear. Abraham nodded along as Arodion spoke, “Being a good storyteller isn’t easy. I respect that. It’s just ghost stories in particular give me the heebie jeebies.” Realizing this probably wasn’t a common term, he clarified, “erm, chills.”

“Yes, that sounds like a good idea… lead the way pardner.” He nodded, a small smile crossing his face. He was certain they’d see each other again. After today.

-exit Abraham, unless stopped-

speech
Go West young man
@Arodion

01-03-2021, 10:07 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Ithilien
Played by Naboo

The chills? Aro's smile deepened slightly, somewhat mystified that a lion such as Abe could possibly be creeped out by something. The deeper mysteries of life rather drew him in, engrossed him in a way that he couldn't explain, and as they agreed to set off towards the mountain he wondered what other sort of secrets he would learn about Abe. And he realized that he liked learning more about this stranger, and that something drew him in and pulled his mind in a way that he hadn't thought before.

He walked off in silence with Abe as they headed north in the swamp. The darkness eventually beginning to break in the distance where they would see the steppe and the lake before they would make it towards the mountain. It would be a long journey, but off they would go together.

- exit Aro

@Abraham