× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

dragons don't need memories
11-08-2020, 06:34 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Azzy

The Snow Dragon

Bared lands that reminded the beast of his homeland. Of the times where he was young and care free. Of the place that had given him his first true heartbreak. It wasn't hard to forget your own mother's death and to know what had caused it was even harder. It boiled his blood hotter than the sands he walked on during a summers day. In truth, Drakon would gladly go back to his homeland and find the bastard who had done such cruel things to his mother and kill him right then there. Ask no questions and not thinking before he'd act. The consequences would come later and Drakon would deal with them then. It was that simple to him but Drakon also knew that his mother wouldn't want that. So, the beast did no such thing as he walked down memory lane. Speech.

11-08-2020, 06:51 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Zena

If there was one thing that never changed, it was the fact that he was always roaming nowadays. The heat and dryness of this place took him back to the one he had left all that time ago, one that Seraphiel did not feel nostalgic for in the least. He wasn't even sure what he was doing lingering here, beyond perhaps ensuring there was no one here that he knew from the old days.

Seemed as though there was someone here, but not one he knew from that far back. No, it was the one he had chosen to follow all this way, wandering just as he was. For a moment, Seraphiel debated leaving him to his own devices, but he was also curious what the other man's plans were, presuming he had any. Besides, he was one of the few that he actually knew in this place, and such connections weren't to be shunned lightly.

"My king," he rumbled deferentially as he approached. Yeah, sure, Drakon wasn't his king anymore by title, but in his mind the other lion still was. He respected what Drakon had to say, for thus far he hadn't been given reason not to.

@Drakon

11-08-2020, 07:05 PM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 11-08-2020, 07:13 PM by Drakon.)
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Azzy

The Snow Dragon

He would've been content on being left alone but that was never the case, even now. However, the title that he heard slip off of a familiar baritone voice called him to halt in his tracks and look at the male that Hecuba had recruited into their home that seemed like ages ago now. "Seraphiel, you don't need to call me that, Drakon will be just fine." He had had a hunch that the beast before him may follow them to these lands and had hoped he would've. There were dangers all over and Drakon was only one man compared to everything else. "It's good to see you, my friend. I hope the travels didn't tire you to much." He turned to face the brute before him.

@Seraphiel

11-10-2020, 05:44 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Zena

He dipped his head in deferential acknowledgement of Drakon's request, but honestly... he wasn't sure he'd be able to remember to do that. The desire to show respect to a man he viewed as above him despite them now being the same in all technicalities clashed with his desire to do as Drakon had asked. Whichever side would win out he didn't know, but he'd leave them to figure it out.

"I've grown used to such treks in recent years," he replied. It was unfortunate given the circumstances that had forced him to do so, but it came in handy in times like these. "It's good to see that you're well," he added. Things could have ended vastly differently with everything that had been going on. While he would have much preferred they not been the ones to be forced to run from their previous home, at least now they knew they had gotten away from those who had been causing them trouble. Part of him hoped they figured things out for themselves, wherever they ended up, for despite everything he still didn't wish anyone any ill.

@Drakon

11-12-2020, 01:52 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Azzy

The Snow Dragon

Though Seraphiel didn't say much but nod and Drakon would leave it at that. Though now it was onto other subjects and Drakon glanced around. "I thought I would have been done traveling when I found my last home. I guess the Gods have other plans for me." They had taken him from his homeland to find the other lands and now they've done it again. Drakon follows and that's all that matters to them as he is loyal to them as well as the Tollaire's that he knew of. "I'm glad you are doing well as well. Have you found a place to settle yet?"

@Seraphiel

11-16-2020, 12:08 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Zena

It was unfortunate that they had been forced to move once more, but Seraphiel was used to such things. From the sound of things, this wasn't the first time Drakon had been on the move to an entirely different area either. Perhaps they would both be lucky and this would be the last place they would have to move to. He imagined both Drakon and Hecuba would prefer a place they could stay and raise a family without having to worry about being chased out or hunted down. Speaking of which, he hoped there hadn't been cubs back in the coast that had been left behind in the hasty move. He'd have offered to help carry them if so. Best not to ask though; he didn't want to reopen any wounds.

"Not yet," he admitted. "Though, I haven't been looking very closely. After leaving the desert I called home for many years, I try to be selective with those who are around me," he explained. The last thing he wanted was to be under the rule of another tyrant king. "I'm in no hurry to join a pride these days, though if you choose to join or take one I'm willing to come along." Presuming Drakon even wanted him around of course. He wasn't going to make assumptions.

@Drakon

11-19-2020, 01:31 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Azzy

The Snow Dragon

Ears twitched as the snow dragon would listen to the brute before him. So, it seemed that this man hadn't found himself a home and seemed to still pledge his loyalty to Drakon even without a crown. I understand what you're saying completely. I have other family here, other Tollaire's, and we tend to stick together. Our Matriarch wants to stick low for a bit so I plan to stay at the Shore line with Hecuba and you're welcome to join us." He wanted to Seraphiel to know that he was welcomed in his family. It was a sign of trust in Drakon's case. "Though if I do take a pride I'm sure you're be one of the few to see it happen." He would state.

@Seraphiel

11-22-2020, 10:20 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Zena

Other Tollaire's? How intriguing. Seraphiel realized he had never considered that there were lions within these lands (and the old) who had families, true families, ones that wanted them around. Equally interesting was the mention of a Matriarch, for he had never known of even a pride ruled by a woman, though he wasn't opposed to the idea. "That sounds ideal," he agreed. Sure, they wouldn't be a pride, whether it was for the time being or forever, but it was enough for him to simply mingle around others that he knew. Being alone was something he was used to, and yet even the short time he had spent within a pride had made him realize how nice it was to be a part of something he could be proud of.

"Yes, I'm sure," he said with a faint smile. He would certainly be there as soon as he heard Drakon's roar go out, that was certain.

"I must keep an eye out for these other Tollaire's," he commented, returning to the previous topic of discussion. He wondered what they were like, even beyond wondering what it was like to have a true family.

@Drakon

11-24-2020, 01:37 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Azzy

The Snow Dragon

A grin would form then as he would listen to Seraphiel agree to each thing he was basically said. Wondering about the other Tollaire's was not surprising to the beast. Hecuba will enjoy seeing another familiar face. He would muse, chuckling slightly. Anything to make his wife happy again. That would be nice enough for him, a gift in its own right no matter what anyone else thought. "None will look like me, though we have similar personalities, none share my white coat or tattoo." He would advise. He had been the only one that bore his mother's white coat. The only one to have such a mark on his hip while the others inherited many things from their sharing father. "Many will have a much darker pelt. Kind of like yours, but with fiery eyes such as mine."

@Seraphiel

11-24-2020, 01:00 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Zena

Ah yes, he was sure she would as well. She had been quite pleased to convince him to join their pride previously after all. He was simply grateful that Drakon was fine with it, though he supposed there was no reason for him not to be that he could think of. Seraphiel certainly wouldn't even dream of standing between them. He had no interest in such things, and even beyond that he would personally fight anyone who came in with that idea, though they certainly wouldn't need his assistance in such a matter.

"Having familiar faces around is new to me," he admitted. Well, having ones he enjoyed seeing anyway. Things really had changed for him lately, and he hoped they stayed this way.

He had to wonder how many Tollaire's were running around out there. A fair amount, he'd guess. Well, maybe they would eventually all be in the same pride, and he could easily meet them that way, or perhaps they'd all live down at the beach. "I'll keep an eye out for them," he said in return. "Seeing a family that actually cares about one another intrigues me." It certainly wasn't what he'd had growing up, and if he was being honest he'd never suspected such a thing existed. Now he was being proven wrong, and he was more than okay with that.

@Drakon