× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

the work that i'm doing
11-05-2020, 11:51 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ithilien
Played by Nova

The near instant rejection that she felt was brutal and harsh but she received it without flinching. Perhaps her heart may have flinched a little bit at the excitement that perhaps she could have someone at her side. Even so, the idea of leading wasn't leaving her mind. Instead, she felt more empowered to do something right for a change and as scary as it was - she wanted to be able to do this. Even if he wasn't keen on even the notion of helping her in this grand adventure.

Everyone is a stranger, Kaden. The only way they don't become strangers is if you let them in. Trust them, so to speak. Tintalle had been prepared to share in an important discovery with him but perhaps he wasn't so easily won by a shiny title and a loyal partner. A shame, really, and his loss entirely. I've been told to be wary of outsiders my entire life and being wary has never solved anything but create fear. She didn't want to fear the unknown like her family did. She wanted to be better than that.

@Kaden

11-06-2020, 01:08 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Junior Member
Played by Max

He stared at the girl in silence as she spoke, perhaps quiet for longer than was comfortable in an encounter like this with someone unfamiliar. Finally, Kaden reclined on his haunches in a seat against the sands below. He had resigned himself to settling in for something longer than a brief introduction, for now it seemed like they were getting introspective.

"You're implying that it is desirable to no longer be strangers and that fear is something one should not create," he pointed out thoughtfully. "I don't think that's the case. I think fear keeps us from being stupid, which keeps us from getting killed by strangers," he laughed in spite of it all.

He kept gazing at her, waiting for her to speak again despite his jovial retorts. Her ideals seemed entirely different from his own and thus fascinating in their own right.

speech
Table by Naboo

11-06-2020, 01:22 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ithilien
Played by Nova

There was something about him that brought her to thinking that he reminded her of her brothers. That they were always right there to make sure to remind you that you're wrong and they're right. Tintalle could handle herself and had no problem knowing exactly when she was wrong but she didn't think she was either right now despite the doubt that seeded in her mind. Fear is good, in the right situation. In this situation, I don't think it necessary to fear you. Should I? Do you think I should fear you? After all, she'd now spent at least ten minutes just sitting here and talking to him and he hadn't seemed very dangerous in the least. Not even viper in the sand kind of dangerous. Just... moody, maybe. Tintalle liked him, despite feeling uncertain about their footing on any further connection than right here and now.

@Kaden

11-06-2020, 01:44 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Junior Member
Played by Max

That question lit him up with glee. Should I fear you? It was not the first time he had gotten it and Kaden hoped that it would not be the last. Flicking one ear backward, he let out a breathy chuckle and shook his head as he mulled over his response.

Maybe not now--but say I want this beach? Say I want something and I know you have it. Say, one month from now, I know how you think and what you want. Say I know how to convince you to hand over what you have willingly all from our chats here when the lighting is nice and you think you can tell me anything because I'm.... what? No longer a stranger?" Kaden eyed her seriously as he fell quiet for a few moments.

"The fact is, you cannot know how much to fear me. You can only choose what tools you give me to do as I wish," he concluded.

speech
Table by Naboo

11-06-2020, 03:14 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ithilien
Played by Nova

Even as she listened and could hear the dark tone in his voice, the warning tone in which he practically scolded her for being so naive. Yet, she certainly did not feel naive especially when it wasn't necessary. Her invitation for him to be King had mostly been a joke but in her desperation for social connections, perhaps it had led that she was invested in this more than that. That was on her but she wasn't about to backtrack, as she could see his point just as well as she saw hers.

So all she really could do was sit quietly and listen, forcing her frustration at his serious and harsh accusations. As though he attempted to warn her over and over that he was (apparently quite obviously) a intimidating and scary stranger. That he was interested in twisting her words and ideals into something that he could take advantage of. You're not wrong. It can happen. From here, she wanted to be careful about what she said to him. Not by means of not giving him more information than necessary, but how to word that she wasn't afraid of telling him anything. That if he did choose to take advantage of her, to know that she wasn't going to back down like a scared kitten.

That's a good trait to have. Being able to lock into someone's thought process and desires and to be able to take them out simply by that. Perhaps he'd make a good King somewhere but it was a good thing that he'd denied her half joking invitation to be her King. The last thing she needed was some pompous asshole who wanted to argue every little detail with her. A shame - he had good qualities but not the kind of qualities that mattered for her.

@Kaden

11-06-2020, 03:24 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Junior Member
Played by Max

Her reaction was not so satisfactory as he had hoped, just calm and passive--even agreeing with the more vanilla parts of his scenario. Kaden quirked a brow and nodded his agreement, disappointed that she did not try and debate his point further. He would have liked to be proved wrong, but then again, he thought it was rare that this ever occurred. With so much of his time spent in introspection, he did not think it was very easy for him to come to a wrong conclusion.

"Some might say it's the coward's way of doing things," he offered neutrally. These types were more bound to honor than Kaden ever had been. "But, if it works, then who can really complain?"

speech
Table by Naboo

11-06-2020, 03:28 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ithilien
Played by Nova

If he was looking for someone to launch into a debate with, he'd chosen the wrong woman. The last thing she wanted right now was to ruin the Glade when it was her favorite place to be. The only place that actually made her feel happy and arguing wouldn't help her. It's clever; manipulative, even. But close to what you said, if it gets the job done for you then go with it. Just not my style. They were open to have differing opinions and that was something she understood quite well. She was young still and knew that no one would be thinking the way that she did. The world outside of her homeland was still new and she would surely make a few mistakes, big and small, but she'd learn from them in the very least.

@Kaden

11-06-2020, 03:35 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Junior Member
Played by Max

It seemed their conversation was fizzling out, the fires of contention and intrigue extinguished without a willing participant. Kaden nodded and lifted himself back up to his paws, rocking his weight backward into a stretch and parting his jaws in a yawn.

"Yeah. Well, I had better continue along. You lucked out... Not a bad stranger this time," he joked weakly, glancing at her once more to try and detect any hint of a reaction. Whether she appreciated it or not, he would continue pacing the sandy shores to try and discover what he could. At least he had gotten the name of this place from it all.

exit/

speech
Table by Naboo

11-06-2020, 03:50 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ithilien
Played by Nova

There was no doubt that the conversation died a good bit but she wasn't as disappointed as she might've been otherwise. A part of her had been intrigued in his conversation but another one not so interested in arguing with him. At least not today. Tintalle didn't have much fight in her to go toe to toe, especially when she had a feeling that he'd only keep stomping her into the ground with words or twisting her own. Likely someone who didn't appreciate losing, if he happened to. Alright then. Good luck on your King quest. She wished him well, sort of, and watched as he sauntered away - entirely relieved to have her Glade all to herself and revel in its silent beauty for a good bit longer. exit!

@Kaden