× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

Monsters Haunt Me Here
11-06-2020, 09:52 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Sheena

Silence stretched after one of her comments about it making sense that he would want to lead a pride. Had she offended him? If she had, she really didn't care.. she didn't care about much now a days. If someone got their feelings hurt, or upset over something she said that was on them for being so soft. The world had made her hard towards others, indifferent to their feelings. No one had cared for her feelings when she spent most of her life running, why should she care? But finally, finally, he speaks. Offering up a place to stay when he finds a place to call home, a pride to claim. But would she? She didn't know him well, and his first impression was of a creepy pervert with the way he had simply stared at her. But being alone..... it was not a fun thought. "When you find a place to live, a pride to claim I will consider it." She offered, a smirk twisting across her face. "If it is better than here." While the place wasn't horrible, it needed way too much work for her to consider living in a place like this. Overgrown and moist. Seriously, how could he stand it? Didn't the moisture mess with his mane?!

"Speech Here"

Wokabi

In A Land Of Gods And Monsters
Me And God Don't Get Along

@Barnabas

11-06-2020, 10:02 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Junior Member
Played by Vortex

When you find a place to live, a pride to claim I will consider it.

The smirk that embraced her face, mirrored on his as he shook his head slightly. "The choice is yours." He muttered and took a deep breath. When she continued and mentioned if it's better than here, he couldn't help but let out a chuckle. "This isn't so bad. There are some parts of the Woods that are really something." He explained and turned to look over his shoulder at her. He was taking in the surroundings. The mist had settled a bit and it looked much, much better now. His ears cupped forward to the sound of some birds that were messing int he leaves above. Funny. Now that he looked up the trees, he had the urge to climb them. But he knew from experience he would not get far. Probably die trying.

A shake of his body to get some moisture off, before he turned to face her again. "Tell me. What's your name?" He finally asked. Probably he wouldn't have cared about it, but he did ask her to come to his pride... So. He should know it.
""

11-06-2020, 10:08 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Sheena

The choice is yours Well that was refreshing, she had met many males amongst her travels that had tried to force her into their prides. It was why she had spent most of her life running, and yet … she was not afraid of males. Instead, she silently dared them to try it now, now that she was grown and not some young, naive youth... oh she was still young yes, but not as naive as she had once been. "Thank you. There are some I've met who would disagree with that." She informs him, her smirk morphing into a look of disdain at the thought. Though it quickly eases away and back into something more neutral.

"I've not made it that far into the lands, so I will have to take your word on it." That some parts of the woods were really something. If that was a good thing. Finally, he asks her name and she briefly feels embarrassed for forgetting her manners, manners her mother had instilled in her before they had been separated. "I am Wokabi Maat-Tollaire. You are?" It would help her to find him when he found a pride if she knew his name, right?

"Speech Here"

Wokabi

11-06-2020, 10:16 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Junior Member
Played by Vortex

The confession she made caused him to frown. He was familiar with the forceful claiming much of his siblings and parents were accustomed to. That's why he wasn't. It only resulted in hate and enemies. A pride shouldn't be created of enemies. A pride should be a family. With that on his mind he muttered out with a growl. "I'm familiar with the ways of others. But they are not the ways I use." He assured her and seated himself down again. Her taking his word for the parts that were actually something in the Woods was a good start.

And then came her introduction. He gave a nod and introduced himself. "Barnabas Nowak" It had been awhile since he had spoken his name out loud. It was distasteful. He exhaled after the thought and continued. "The last of my kind. For good." He smirked and huffed at the memories of the others.
""

11-06-2020, 10:24 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Sheena

I'm familiar with the ways of others. But they are not the ways I use. Relief at his words that he was perhaps one of the good ones, despite his creepy staring in the beginning. While it had creeped her out she had not let it show, and now it seemed they were having a decent conversation. She was sure the staring probably would have creeped others out as well. "I'm glad. From what I remember of prides, it is better if they are full of friends. Family. Not those who resent being there." Not those who would stab you in the back the first chance they got.

She makes a note to remember his name once he offers it up, but his comment about being the last of his kind intrigues her, head cocking slightly she frowns. "Last of your kind? You have no plans for children in the future?" She assumed by his statement that his family was dead, and did not wish to bring up painful memories so thus, she does not ask about that.

"Speech Here"

Wokabi

11-06-2020, 10:51 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Junior Member
Played by Vortex

"A pride is family." He speaks right after her comment ends. She was right too. And he exhales again softly at the thought of that. Would be nice. Shoulders roll and he turned to look at her once more after he had allowed his eyes to stray to the sides of the scenery for awhile.

"I plan to have children. And to have a family. But I don't plan to have any ties with the past." He explained briefly. Brows furrowing in a frown, not for what she had said, but for what his past was made of. His grandmother was the only one that managed to teach him well. The one that showed him the right way, but blood was blood and he still held to some malice and savage ways of his father. Sad truly. But as long as no one was inside his walls, he had no need to worry about anything.
""

11-06-2020, 02:40 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Sheena

Pride is family? She supposed it could be, not that she'd know. She had not been in a pride since she was but a cub. Then her birthlands turned bad, and everyone had to flee. She stuck with her mother till she was one, but then she was alone. Her mother forced into a pride she assumed – or dead – and her fleeing for the next year from everyone. It was exhausting if she was, to be honest. "I guess. I don't remember, haven't been in one since I was but a cub." She explains, shoulders rolling in to a brief shrug motion. As he glances away to look at the surroundings she takes the chance to actually look at him. Now that he wasn't being a creeper. Of course, once he looked back she would simply stare back, daring him to say something about it. Because he had caught her essentially checking him out.

She caught sight of the frown and figured it was either at her comment or something to do with his past. She understood that she didn't want to really go into details about her past either. "Makes sense. Though, when I have cubs I want them to know my families history." She said, offering a smile. "Surely there are good things in your past as well?" Her family was the good in her past. What she remembered of them, her father and mother as well as grandma and grandpa.

"Speech Here"

Wokabi