× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

I do things
12-16-2020, 09:54 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Prince of Ignis Empire
Played by Cat

The Vebaine seemed the best place to put his skill to work. Though he did not favor the task of a hunt, he would do so to at the least, please his mother. Eyes rolled at the thought. He sat crouched in one of the few patches of shabby grass. His body lowered to the ground as much as he wanted to manage. Eyes set on the targets ahead.

A small herd of springbok gathered to graze on the short patches that were scattered scarcely about. So far they seemed unaware of the predator that lurked. He waited until the mother and babe were slightly parted from the others. His tongue swiped at his lips. He coiled on to his rear limbs and in a swift leap, he would cut the distance between them in a matter of seconds.

He aimed to tackle the mother, which he did. However, he over powdered the attack, and in the roll, she managed to get loose and dart away. The brute lay on the ground in irritated defeat. Damned beast.

code by naboo

dice roll failed him.

12-16-2020, 10:49 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by ResidentRowan

Marisol was slowly climbing over a steep slope to get to this place. She was naturally very curious, and so she wanted to explore whatever was ahead. As her dark legs dipped over the top, she scrambled up, although, a bit ungracefully. Her mane was a bit more out of place then normal, and she looked a lot more wild in free. That was often how she felt, alone. Fairly content. But in the sight of others. She had to admit, she was a bit more nervous. Always scrambling to figure out which face to put on.

Then, she saw the other across the way. He was a male, and looked… very familiar. It seemed he was related to Sefu somehow. With those telltale markings along his back and all. It seemed he had just scared off some prey, since a springbok was leaping away from him. She stayed close to the ground for a few moments, unsure if she should approach. Slowly she stood, trotting over towards him, and letting out a small chuff to warn of her approach. To her, this one was a bit more attractive then Sefu (perhaps because he’s taller? She couldn’t quite place it) though his markings were a bit more simple. A small smile crossed her face in a friendly manner.
speech
something so magic about you
manip by ResidentRowan(me) | code by twesh
@Drazhan

12-17-2020, 12:43 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Prince of Ignis Empire
Played by Cat

It would seem that luck would not allow for the prince to heave his defeat in peace. The chuff of another brought his head to an angle so that eyes may fall on the source. A lone female wandered forward without hesitation. The smile eased on her lips and Draz considered it for a moment. One had yet to form on his own.

Instead, he shifted to lay more properly on his side, upper half rose as he fully inspected her now. "Eve." He greeted in a rather bitter tone. Still sour over his lost catch. "Come to watch me fail?" His ill attempt at humor was even lost to himself.

code by naboo

@Marisol

12-17-2020, 01:28 AM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 12-17-2020, 01:28 AM by Marisol.)
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by ResidentRowan

Oceanic eyes considered him as he would lay down, taking a seat herself a few feet from him, relaxed and yet still perfectly upright. Her cream tail tip curling around her paws. She nodded at his greeting in response. As he would speak again. She let out a light chuckle, and tried to cheer him up “Oh, don’t look so down, we all make mistakes now and again,” her voice had a sort of light melodical tone to it. It sounded foreign and yet familiar all at once. She tilted her pale head ever so slightly, “although I must say, I wouldn’t hunt in such a place without cover, you would not blend well, those red markings and lavender mane give you away.” She smiled. Though this was sort of a lie, she preferred to let others hunt for her, but she was decent at finding a rabbit or hog in a pinch. She noted that this Embre was older than Sefu, what with his more grown mane and such. Probably around her age, if she guessed.

speech
@Drazhan

12-20-2020, 06:14 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Prince of Ignis Empire
Played by Cat

It was the fact that his mistake was made in front of a stranger that bothered him more, not that he had made one at all. Ears flicked back a moment as he considered her words. A slight nod in agreement to her, though it did little to change his current mood. He was the type to dwell on things longer than need be. She made a comment on his appearance and how it would affect his ability to hunt in such a place. Eyes roamed from her to graze the flat-ish terrain that expanded out before them. He scoffed.

"Most food is ignorant anyways." Mentally he cursed the little beasties that had managed to escape his grip- this time. Shoulders straightened just slightly as he dragged his sight back to her. "Drazhan Embre." He introduced himself with his famous, well not in these parts, a crooked half-grin that caused his eyes to become heavy-lidded as if in a dream-like haze. "Tell me, what is that I may call the maiden that has founded a fallen prince?"

code by naboo

@Marisol

12-21-2020, 06:34 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by ResidentRowan

Mari wasn’t much of a hunter or fighter. Yes, she could hold her own, but it was never a priority. To her, knowledge was the greatest weapon. The fact that she’d already met two members of the same pride was valuable to her. Most likely relatives, no less. They definitely had similar scents, distinguishing them both as pridemates and possibly even siblings. She’d won the jackpot, all things considered.

Mari chuckled at his comment, “that I cannot disagree with.” Though lions could talk amongst each other, it seemed other animals were not so lucky. Less intelligent, less social. Though some of them stayed in groups like lions, there seemed to be a lot less social inner workings. He introduced himself, and she smiled, though she paused as he continued to make a flattering compliment. Ah, so both Embres were charmers. She wondered if they were genuine or polite. Possibly they could be like her, using flattery as a form of a weapon. She smiled after a moment, “Marisol Barros, fair prince, I believe I have met your brother, Sefu? You share the same name and those striking markings along your back.”

speech
@Drazhan

01-01-2021, 03:41 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Prince of Ignis Empire
Played by Cat

He too had taken in her scent. The obvious lack of a particular land was deciphered, yet he could smell others on her. Perhaps she traveled with others? This piqued a new curiosity within the brute. At the mention of his brother's name, a snort was given. "You are correct in your assumption, m'lady." He eyed her suspiciously a moment. After all, the boys had good taste. As did their mother. Was she already under the paw of his younger sibling? The thought of her becoming a prize to win rose to mind just as a smile broadened over his lips. "He is a lucky boy if he has managed to catch your eye." He stated, almost insinuating that she fancied the younger brute. A way, he hoped, to get her to agree or to deny.

code by naboo

@Marisol

sorry for the delay, the holidays did not do me great lol

01-01-2021, 03:58 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by ResidentRowan

His suspicious golden eyes made her skin crawl, as it would for any spy. She smiles though, not letting it show through, her body showing no signs of her internal feelings. It soon passed, at his question, and she smirked slightly at him, “your brother is very handsome, and quite a bit of a flirt but…” she leaned towards him for a few moments, before saying softly, “I like to keep my options open.” She leaned back with a flirty, pretty smile upon her lips. Still closer than she had been. Hoping he would take the bait. She always loved a bit of drama. Imagine how easy it would be to get into a pride if two princes wanted you there.

Oftentimes this was risky. Some men didn’t want the chase at all. They just wanted a sprint for a few moments, before immediately having the woman declare her dependence on him. She assumed Drazhan was not this way, though. Even asking her the question, she wondered if he was attracted to her. Mari presumed his next words would confirm or deny her guess. Either way, not a bad way to worm your way into a family. A powerful one here, at that.

speech
@Drazhan

No problem at all!

01-03-2021, 04:50 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Prince of Ignis Empire
Played by Cat

The beast could not help the chuckle that escaped past his parted lips at the mention of Sefu's flirtatious ways. It was something that coursed the veins of every Embre, it would seem. Eyes slid to their usual half-lidded manner as she leaned closer. Tongue extended to swipe across and moisten his thin lips, left in a smirk as it finished. "As you should." He drew the words out slowly before he tossed his gaze away from her to roam the open land they chatted in.

In the distance, he could still make out the small herd he had stalked and attempted to hunt. "Tell me, if you will, where does your clan reside?" Though he had smelt others upon her, he could not pinpoint any one single place.

code by naboo

@Marisol

01-03-2021, 08:58 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by ResidentRowan

Marisol felt his eyes on her after her words. It fed into her ego quite richly. The fact that two separate princes were interested in her. Though she’d never doubted her beauty, it was a different sort of vanity that came from the interest of royalty. At his next question, a lie quickly formed in her head. Though there was quite a bit of truth behind it.

“My friends and I travel together, we have all my life. We were all raised together as well,” a small smile struck her lips, “we’re all adults now, all lionesses, though I'm afraid I’m not the leader of this group.” She feigned disappointment at this. If only she were the leader, then she could go to his pride so easily. Sigh. “It’s not quite my choice whether I go to Ignis or not. I can’t abandon my girls.” She looked at him, trying to gauge his sympathy for her little plight. “Currently we’re staying near the lake, so I wouldn’t be too far from your home.”

speech
@Drazhan