× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

NFWMB [Pride Establisment]
12-16-2020, 04:51 AM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 12-16-2020, 04:57 AM by Runar.)
  Reply   |  
High Emperor of Adamo Autumna
Played by Zay

A brash decision maybe, but he would come to stand in a nice chunk of the territory he decided would be his. He'd done some casual scent marking to ensure others would know where they were. From there, the striped beast would open his jaws and bellow out his claim. Adamo Autumna is here! For a short time only would others be able to visit the area for a meet and greet. Runar had 0 ideas about who would bother to come. There were plenty of faces he hadn't seen, hadn't met. There was like one. Would she grace his company with hers to investigate? Who knew.

page doll by munk, code by naboo

12-16-2020, 05:04 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by ResidentRowan

On quick paws the spy set forward. A new pride! How exciting! She had to be the first one there! She was mostly excited to get intel, and prayed to some being above that she would not be claimed. Though she was sure she could fight dirty, she much preferred keeping her pelt clear of scars. After giving herself a once over in a puddle, she trotted up towards the border. As she approached, she would slow down to a graceful step. The female saw a brightly striped… lion. Not a tiger as she thought from a distance. She was extremely curious by his apperance, and approached slowly. A smile crossed her face and she would bow her head before confidently introducing herself, “hello! I’m Mari, pleasure to meet you, I assume you’re the new king?” She tilted her head. Her eyelashes fluttered lavishly over her teal eyes.
speech
something so magic about you
manip by ResidentRowan(me) | code by twesh
@Runar

12-16-2020, 05:09 AM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 12-16-2020, 05:10 AM by Volcan.)
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

Kingdoms fall and kingdoms rise- for which the goddess heard a call for another that rose from the ashes of its former. She was interested, to say the least, of what kind of figure may have established this new settlement, in what sounded like the rain forest. She had considered claiming some land there, but the lake was much more suitable to her liking- not to mention over time she had become familiar with it. So as the empress wove her way through lush foliage and lively trunks, her bright ember gaze finally fell upon an obsidian male with stripes of gold and fire. A handsome creature, to say the least. And so, with an alerting chuff, she approached, a mild smirk on her face. "Congratulations on your kingdom. I am Vomcan Embre, empress of Ignis Empire." she purred, sitting back onto her haunches, disregarding the cream colored maned female- for now. Though, she was a pretty little thing.

Code by Naboo, Ref by Habitual Nightmare

12-16-2020, 06:22 AM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 12-16-2020, 06:25 AM by Matthias.)
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by KittyKookiez

“Oh, the stars!” he blares rather sarcastically, a big smirk on his face and tail curled outwards in both excitement and confidence, “I knew somebody would claim this land! Or, try to.”

Matthias looked around, neck outstretching and searching all around him. There were only two women there. The larger woman was, as she announced, not even part of his pride! And what, who was the other? What'd she say? Did she even know this guy? “Soo...where're your followers?” he was genuinely curious. As conceited as he is, even he knows he can't claim a whole portion of a land just to himself. That was madness.

The blue-toned lion takes a seat, curling his tail over his paws, “Man, where's Sally right now? He owes me lunch now,” Hmm, 'Sally' as a nickname isn't quite working either. Maybe I'll try Dory next. See how that sounds.

12-16-2020, 04:56 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Rue,
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Cat

It wasn't really the call of a new leader that lead her to the rainforest. Instead, it was the scent of one of her own that did. Ears had pricked in interest as the saber-like feline cut through the thickets and toward the commotion where the scent centered. She heard them all before she even arrived. Already others had begun to 'size-up' the new king while some brute spoke of lunch. Rue casually passed him a glance as she came in somewhere from behind him.

She didn't stop, however, as she continued forward and to the side of her crewmate. They were rogues, Rue was no fool how that could work out. But she was here to ensure no one from her own crew would be forced into some silly pride. They only joined if Rue deemed them fit. "Wha' makes ye reckon ye can succeed where others 'ave already failed?" She aimed her straight to the point question at the new claimer.

12-17-2020, 12:12 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Zena

Where the captain went, so did she, especially when it was towards the call of a new pride. It made her wonder if the captain was interested in joining instead of taking one for their own. She wouldn't judge either way, but it was something that would intrigue her. She didn't think Rue would be willing to serve under another, honestly.

She came up beside Rue as the captain posed the valid question of why he thought he'd be able to do what others hadn't. She took a seat beside Rue, waiting to see what his answer would be. She'd heard so many calls for prides recently, and was just waiting for the voice to be Rue's, though she wasn't certain that was what the captain wanted to do. No doubt it was, but such things had to be carefully planned.

12-20-2020, 09:28 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
High Emperor of Adamo Autumna
Played by Zay

His call would bring faces. None of them were familiar, though how could they be when he spent his time alone exploring the lands? No sign of the crimson lady, either. She was the only face he would recognize. They came one by one, though there was a short wait time between their appearance. A lioness would be the first to greet him, a bright woman in the dimness of the rainforest with her creamy pelt. HIs pastel gaze roamed over her for a moment to take in her details as she spoke. "Yes, though I have a preference for Emperor versus the title of King." He would answer before circling back to the introduction part, "I'm Runar, it's a pleasure to meet you Mari." He would smile at @Marisol. He thought she was lovely and dainty looking, their sizes such a stark contrast to one another.

Another woman would join him, a creature of the abyss with fiery adornments. She would be the first pride member for him to meet. It was only suitable for other leaders to come snooping around. "Thank you, Empress @Volcan." He would even offer her a respectful dip of his head, sending the red tendrils of his mane spilling forward towards his face. No need to step on any toes when the land was so freshly his. Runar would straighten a moment later, "I'm sure your appearance would mean you'd like to speak about pride relations, which I'm more than happy to do." The inky emperor would offer.

The appearance of the first and only other male (so far) to this party already rubbed him the wrong way. Pastel jade and amethyst gaze would roll in his direction, Runar's expression carefully set to neutral - more closed off than the women he had already greeted. "The call was an offer for others to join me if they wished to." He countered easily to the question the lion poised. From there, his attention turned to the next two ladies to approach. @Matthias

His focus rested on the one who spoke, though he did nod to @Teuta when she arrived to settle beside @Rue and Mari. It appeared he had a trio of lionesses before him. "My name is Runar." He would introduce a second time for anyone who had missed the initial intro, his tone casual and his gaze seeking to meet level with the audience before him, before resting on the blue saber. "I will not operate my pride as a dictatorship, my ranked members will all have weight to their thoughts about how the pride shall operate. I would like to maintain my open mind in my leadership. This pride should evolve with new ideas." Was that something new to them? He wasn't sure. The striped beast would pause for questions or comments, wondering how they would respond to him.

page doll by munk, code by naboo

12-21-2020, 12:41 AM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 12-21-2020, 06:58 PM by Marisol.)
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by ResidentRowan

Marisol was immediately nervous. Though her body language did not show it, for she knew who the lioness who came next was. She was the mother of two boys she’d recently met. Though she felt a bit better because she was fairly sure the other did not catch her name. The new leader, er, Emperor, responded to her, and she nodded to show she understood. Marisol smiled back to him, storing both his preferred title and name into her memory banks for later.

He acknowledged Volcan, and she turned, ever slightly, to look at Volcan, though trying not to make a big show of it. Pride relations, yet another thing Mari was fond of. Seeing the inner workings of agreements and such. It was much more exciting when you were a spy on the inside, though. Marisol saw his shift as he looked at the other lion. Interesting, he was more trusting of women than men. Perhaps he saw them as less of a threat? Her lips pursed as she peered over at the man, he seemed terribly obnoxious to her, having spoken the most.

Rue and Teuta ended up beside her, and she was thankful, as she sort of hid herself from Volcan’s gaze beside the other two pirates. It was fairly clear where Mari’s allegiance was. The three of them all maned with their braids. Though, she supposed she probably looked the cleanest of the three, with not only obsessive cleaning but trying her best to look the least pirate-like. Marisol peered up at Runar as he spoke. He sounded fair with his rules, and quite considerate. It was nice to hear, but she wasn’t sure if Rue would ever allow her to join, infiltration or otherwise, as this pride seemed far too kind for any valuable information. Mari would also be surprised if Rue would join such a pride. She couldn’t picture the other being considered ‘beneath’ another lion. Rue was their leader, and it could cause loyalties to falter, say if someone like Mari were ranked above Rue in an official pride setting, what then? Who was really calling the shots?

speech
something so magic about you
manip by ResidentRowan(me) | code by twesh
@Runar @Volcan

12-21-2020, 03:27 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

Volcan listened to what the new emperor had to say, nodding slightly as he spoke. The way he talked of his leadership plans we much like hers, fair and reasonable. Volcan loved the power- it was exhilarating. But despite that, she had no reason to be cruel, regardless of what violent thoughts may cross her mind. "Well, Emperor @Runar" she smiled, "after things settle down, I would indeed like to speak to you of a possible alliance. I like what I hear in accordance to your plans."

The others that had arrived were more irrelevant at this point, they did not concern her.... But the way the cream colored female seemed flighty was interesting. Had they met before? Had the stories of her murderous tendencies spread? Did they know she had begun to try the flesh of their own kind? Who knew. "You, pretty tan girl with the braids, is something bothering you?" she asked @Marisol.

Code by Naboo, Ref by Habitual Nightmare

01-04-2021, 04:41 AM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 01-04-2021, 04:42 AM by Matthias.)
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by KittyKookiez

Aside from the one question he had, Matthias did not care what the man wanted or what he did, as long as he was being reasonable about the land he was taking. Otherwise...who was going to respect him, really? If he dared to take the whole of the rainforest for himself? But that didn't seem to be the case, surely. The reply the Emporer gave--Runar, he calls himself--was met with indifference, and the man had to stifle back a scoff. An offer to join! So he really had no one to back him up at this time. Matthias kept quiet, though, pretending to be satisfied with the answer as he stayed where he sat and began to clean the dirt from between his forepaws. He wanted to see who would join him.

As he waited, his eyes land on one female with piqued interest. A slate coat adorned with different colored markings, saber fangs, and pale eyes that seem to match the muted colors of her body. It was not just her appearance that caught his eyes...something else about her enticed him. He tried to put a paw on it, but he couldn't. He did not look at her for long, not wanting his intrigue for her to be known by anyone here, and continued to clean his paws. When the crowd disperses, he will approach her. Perhaps easier said than done. It was obvious she was with those other two braided-fur girls. Both of them pretty as well, but not nearly as intriguing as the blue-toned woman.

“Text”
code by naboo. thanks =)

OOC: Matthias is just waiting for others to arrive \o/