× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

Beyond my kingdom
12-14-2020, 03:33 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

Ember eyes opened to the darkness of her bedchamber, her adult offspring at her side a warming presence. No light shone in her den, but she could feel it was time to awaken, standing carefully as not to awaken them, and stepping out into the main cavern of th Ignis housing. Pale, sickly colored light filtered through the jagged entrance, her dark head poking from its depths revealing that clouds overcast the world, threatening to downpour. The rain did not bother the goddess, for in her homeland when it rained, it fell with a fury. Her thick curled coat allowed water to roll off, similarly to that of a ducks feathers. And so, not dreading the impending storm, she stepped out of the jagged mountainside hole, and yawned, heading down the short rocky outcrop that led to it. Nearly every tree she passed smelled of her, a scent mark clearly on it, or deep score marks from her long claws asserting dominance over the land itself. This was hers. As the goddess stepped over her borders, raindrops began hitting the ground, sending gentle plinking sounds throughout the area around the lake as the work hit its surface as well. For now, there was no wrath, just simple irritation from the sky. Dark paws followed the edge of the lake carefully, the ground changing from the familair white stone leading to her territory to marshy soil and reeds. A frog jumped into the waters depth in a panic, and the goddess watched as it dissapeared beneath the reflective surface, deciding to sit amongst the semi-aquatic foliage, and watching as the storm unfolded.

Code by Naboo, Ref by Habitual Nightmare

@Muninn

12-14-2020, 03:59 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Tyrannidae

Regardless of the seemingly endless rain, the all-too-familiar tinge of thirst pulled and tugged at the back of the dark male's throat. He did not leave the steppe often, but when he did it was to chase unruly prey that decided to flee too far... or it was to indulge in the crisp waters of the lake to the north.

He was thankful that the rain did not come with the God's fury to boot. Instead it was the annoying drizzle... the irritating sprinkle that he had come to hate in his time here. What he wouldn't do to have a good snow, Hel... he'd even welcome a snowstorm if it would break the mundane curse of constant moisture wetting his pelt!

As he approached the water, a scent fell upon his muzzle... one that was slightly familiar, though he couldn't quite place it. Still, it did not stop him. He was unnerved by few things. A scent that was out of place was not one of them.

As he padded onward, breaking through the vegetation that surrounded the waters, he stumbled onto a female that sat amongst the foliage. She was almost completely camouflaged from where he was positioned. Her dark pelt and the grayish-black sky being reflected by the lake's eerie waters made for the perfect illusion.

He stopped in his tracks initially, finding himself directly behind her... and on a collision course with her if he hadn't seen her in time! (Thank the Gods!) He slowed to a walk, his pace almost mimicking a stalk as he braced himself for whatever reaction she might have to him. Turning to try and look into the female's eyes with ears and head lowered in a weary aloof-ness, he would attempt to come around on her right to make his presence known.

Perhaps it was a mistake to stay silent and not vocalize something. An apology, and exclamation of shock at her presence... something would have been better than nothing! But he was quite painfully the quiet type...

"Speak"

Of Mind and Memory
stock by xxxx | manip by xxx | code by twesh

(we didn't finish that thread, so she's gonna just be vaguely familiar to him :3)

@Volcan

("Hellu, I am Muni, and I'm New Boot Goofin' out here!")
DIS BE OF MAJOR IMPORTANCE!
Beware of Muninn. He is going though some changes. He can and will become quite erratic!
RP WITH HIM AT YOUR OWN RISK.
He is very likely to attempt bodily harm to your character, even when UNPROVOKED!!
12-15-2020, 04:57 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

Volcan had been a bit distracted by the plinking of the rain to notice the approaching male, but as he nearly stumbled into her- attention was surely caught. She scrambled to her feet, a slight snarl on her jaws in defense until she realized two things- one, he wasn't showing aggression, just uncomfortable silence- and two, she recognized him from the desert. Her defensive posture subsided, and she stood straight and proud, licking the fur on her chest back into its elegant smooth form. "Go on, its only proper to apologize to a lady." she states, a ghost of a smirk showing upon her maw.

@Muninn

12-16-2020, 03:38 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Tyrannidae

She scrambled away as he startled her, a defensive snarl rolling from her throat in warning to whatever had snuck up on her. As she finally laid eyes upon him and had the chance to process things, her defenses lowered. This perplexed him... how did she know he wasn’t a threat to her? In truth he had expected her to react the same as Erenvel had: standoffish, ferocious, aggressive. But this woman was familiar. Muninn stayed fixed to the spot, lifting his head and tilting it slightly in confusion and interest in where he had seen her before.

“I... umm, apologize?”

He said, his tone more of a flat question rather than a plea for forgiveness. He had done nothing but surprise her...and to be fair, her presence had surprised him just as much! His ears fell back and disappeared into his mane as he looked her over with his silver gaze. He admired her physique, her pelt color... those gold markings shimmering. Surely he would have remembered her if he had seen her before! She looked like a goddess, and a devilish one at that, the way her ears curled at the tip. He couldn’t stand not knowing!

“Pardon my... forgetfulness. Have we met before? You seem quite... familiar, and I just can’t seem to place it.”

He admitted, his voice emerging from its flat tone to show a more inquisitive nature. His silver gaze returned to her beautiful gold eyes in an attempt to make eye contact.

@Volcan

Beware of Muninn. He is going though some changes. He can and will become quite erratic!
He is very likely to attempt bodily harm to your character, even when UNPROVOKED!!
12-16-2020, 04:35 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

Volcan chuckled in amusement at his confused apology- after all, there wasnt actually a reason for him to apologize. It was a simple mistake- she just wanted to see if she could get him to do it. He did, and she was satisfied. A halo of a smile replaced her smirk, the goddess sitting back on her haunches, showing no concern of the man in ash and obsidian. Handsome colors, pleasing to the eye. She met his gaze steadily, head high. "We met briefly in the wastelands, i was collecting aloe Vera for my daughter." she stated, licking moisture from a fluffy paw. "Perhaps a lot has happened since then, the mind would slip such a short meeting. But I do not forget much- last it unimportant, and I could never forget such a handsome face as yours." she purred, giving him a slight wink and a warm chuckle.

@Muninn

01-08-2021, 02:13 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Tyrannidae

The dark-pelted man processed her wink and subsequent chuckle... blood rushing up to his cheeks with uncertainty as to what to do next. Handsome? HIM? She must be blind... or dense... or perhaps both. No one had used that descriptor for him since... well, that was unimportant. Frankly he didn't even want to drudge up the memories that plagued him just beneath the surface.

What mattered now was that this female took a liking to him, and remembered him from a meeting he could not quite put his paw on (though he felt as though he should be able to).

"I see. Regretfully, I must say I don't often remember brief one-time encounters. I have more luck the second time around. Believe me, I shall not forget your face again."

He promised her, his voice deep and strangely ominous... perhaps too serious for the tone the female was trying to set here. Apparently, reading the room wasn't one of his specialties either.

"I hope your daughter is fairing well. Aloe Vera is a healing plant, I presume?"

It was time to try and build connections. Clearly this female had ties to many more Felide. He could smell them upon her pelt. This would be good for him... and perhaps for her and her people as well.

Of Mind and Memory

@Volcan

01-10-2021, 02:08 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

The empress shrugged nonchalantly at his words, the fact he did not recall their meeting. It did not bother her. After all, it had been brief, and lacking any memorable events. The only thing that tugged at her is how he could possibly forget her radiant beauty. Perhaps not all had the capacity to hold a goddess's form.

From where she sat, his ash and obsidian form almost reminded her of her mother- the same colors, in fact. Even the same silvery gaze. But her mother had never been a large part of her life. My daughter is well. She was born with the delicate skin of an albino, so I use the plant to make a paste for her, to help when she needs to go into the sun. She stated. Volcan loved talking about her children. Especially her current youngest. And what of you.... Are you alone? Or do you have others somewhere, waiting for you?

@Muninn

01-14-2021, 03:54 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Tyrannidae

Thankfully the beautiful female did not seem to take much offense to the fact that he did not remember her from this apparent first meeting. It was a blessing from the Gods that he was rather relieved for. The last thing he wanted was to get on her bad side... though, he simply convinced himself that the only reason for this was because her influence may someday be useful to him.

He listened half-heartedly after hearing that her daughter was well. The only other tidbit was that she had been born albino. Interesting... for the night to have given birth to the moon. Strange, and yet, so natural.

"Well, then I am glad she is well taken care of."

There was not much else he figured he could say. He could tell the female loved the subject of her offspring, but unfortunately Muninn did not quite know how to exploit this to his advantage. He simply did not have a clear goal for himself here... that's all. At least, that's what he told himself.

She spoke again, asking the question that always seems to come up in conversation. A lone male? How could that be? Muninn figured it wouldn't be so strange... yet everyone seemed to wonder about him. His voice remained strong and confident as he answered. It was a sensitive topic for him, but that was not something she needed to know.

"Indeed. There is someone waiting, but regretfully I shall never be reunited with them in this life.

I am alone, yes. I traveled here to live in solitude and exile... but just recently i've decided to pull myself back from the depths of my despair."

Well, that was far too much. She did not need to know most of the information that seemed to spill from his heart and out his maw to her feet. He almost physically cringed at all he had said... however, he could do nothing once the words had been uttered. Now all he could do was simply wait for her response and hope he could do a bit of damage control from here on.

Of Mind and Memory

@Volcan

01-14-2021, 04:16 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

Volcan listened intently as the ashen male spoke. The goddess felt something from him, a feeling of being lost, perhaps. Searching. She felt an internal smirk spread across her maw, but she kept her true face unraveling of her thoughts. She stood, standing straight and tall, proud, a sign of her royalty. She gave a small smile, one that almost reflected remorse for the male. I see. She stated.

The obsidian woman moved ever so closer, tilting her head in a questioning manner. So you are pulling yourself from the depths.... Are perhaps you searching for purpose? Perhaps even, a purpose to serve? She asked. Perhaps, just maybe, he could put his need to be useful to power in the Ignis kingdom. A sense of security for him, growth for her.... Win win.

@Muninn

01-14-2021, 04:39 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Tyrannidae

The female approached, tilting her head inquisitively... and the closer she came the higher his hackles rose on instinct. He did not feel threatened, and yet, he felt he was in the most danger at this very moment. His mouth became dry, his paws clammy. He swallowed, his outward appearance as normal as he could make it.

Suddenly a strange look came upon the Goddess's face. Remorse? Pity?

Pity.

That was what he interpreted it as, and that is what spurred him forward with a growl in his chest. His silver eyes, having been so gentle at first, became stern and angry. He leaned forward, attempting to catch her gaze with one of intensity.

"Heed my words when I say I do not seek pity from anyone. Not even the likes of you, dear Kvinne.

I do not need a purpose, especially one that involves kissing the ground in front of your paws. I am a man who follows his own design, not a lost soul searching for a purpose to serve another."

His growl tapered off as he realized how hypocritical he sounded to himself right now. After that discussion he had with Erenvel... but this was different! It had to be! It felt different to him to his very core! Erenvel offered a rise to power where this woman offered nothing but servitude. Muninn was too proud to find servitude acceptable. He was an equal. She was a Goddess... and he would settle for nothing than to be the God at her side!

"My past may be dark, but so is my very nature. It would be a dangerous gamble to suggest such a deal to me again.

Do we have an understanding?"

The last words he spoke were nothing short of a low rumble. He wore a scowl that now threw his gaze in shadow. His nose was wrinkled in a deep frown, but his fangs were not bared. He waited expectantly for her answer... he prayed it was what he wanted to hear.

Of Mind and Memory

@Volcan