× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

Two creek
12-02-2020, 06:08 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Sefu,
Prince of Ignis Empire
Played by Twesh

The day, gloomy. The air was ripe with a chill and filled with a damp dewy mist that the sun was unable to bake away as it hide behind veils of clouds and murky grey sky. Visibility was slighted, Sefu couldn't see the far side of the lake from his seat at the eastern end. Trees peppered his field of vision, pines reaching upwards into dead sky, but go far enough out in any direction and it was all grey fog. His shoulders trembled with a subtle and momentary shake, a shiver to fight an ounce of the cold away. His muscles twitched and his face paid no mind to his body's natural reaction to the chill down in his bones. Across his face he felt the dampness of the air, moisture clung to his pelt and to the tips of his whiskers. And when he breathed in the air felt fresh- the dead crispness of the weather tingled down into his soul and on his exhale Sefu heaved a sigh of contentness.
@Marisol

12-02-2020, 06:41 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by ResidentRowan

The lioness felt the chill in the air, fog swirling around her thickly, she made her way around the lake slowly, cautiously. Mari disliked the unknown ahead and around her, she’d come in a bit earlier, when the fog was just emerging, and sat on the southwestern side. She may have dozed off, for now the fog was so thick she could barely see a few feet ahead of her. Her teal eyes pierced the fog, and she squinted, trying to see just a bit farther. She had made sure to stay away from walking towards the water, instead walking East around the lake. The fog and mist was both comforting, pleasant, and conversely, unnerving. She’d heard too many ghost stories that started this way.

Marisol was a bit taken aback when suddenly, a large male lion appeared in front of her. The lioness pondered for a moment, wondering which one of her many faces she should use. For now, she arched her eyebrows just slightly, trying to look semi-innocent, she stayed silent. While keeping up this face, she examined him. Large, she could tell, even though he was sitting, several inches taller, dark brown. What caught her eyes was the pattern along his back. It looked like fire, the sparks and dying embers of a fire. Intriguing.
speech
something so magic about you
manip by ResidentRowan(me) | code by twesh
@Sefu

12-03-2020, 10:26 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Sefu,
Prince of Ignis Empire
Played by Twesh

Oh? Where Sefu had been prepared for a quiet sort of day inside his own mind instead he was gifted some company. Marisol's aroma first rolled up upon him on a breeze, a light dance for herp pleasant perfume to entice and intrigue him. Out in the fog, beyond that he could see, someone was out there; rapidly images of faces, blendings of features, began to race inside his mind as the lion wondered just who this was. When she appeared to him and broke the veil of fog at first he could not see all the details but he could tell she was lovely in a sort of vagabondish way; the way her mane fell around her face made him smile. Lovely and dangerous his teeth became exposed by the coiling of his lips paired with the Cheshire look in his lavender eyes. "Pray tell- have I been found by the Lady of the Lake?" The bold and young lion swept a paw to place across his chest, claws slightly extending to grasp and part at the tresses of his mane that swept down his chest. "For you have surely enchanted my heart."
@Marisol

12-03-2020, 11:24 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by ResidentRowan

Marisol smiled, a coy look crossing her face. She fluttered her eyelashes in a pleasing way, stepping closer towards the man. Though he was quite a bit larger than herself, she could tell by his mane that he was younger. By how much she couldn’t be sure. As legs stepped closer to him, she spoke, “perhaps you have, I may drag you into the lake, unless I happen to find your company entertaining.” Her words were accented in a strange way, the speech having hints of this language or a dash of that pride, from her few years of traveling. She tried hard to mask the speaking patterns of a pirate, for it was her job to, only the most trained ear would pick up on it. Mari spoke again, “my, a bit forward, aren’t we? It seems this Lady of the Lake may have found an equal contender to banter with.” A smirk pulled at her lips, while she had tried to look somewhat dumb and innocent several moments ago, she now looked confident, a flash of interest in her oceanic eyes.
speech
@Sefu

12-06-2020, 04:42 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Sefu,
Prince of Ignis Empire
Played by Twesh

Her voice was like a dance and Sefu bounced along happily, a suave and entranced smile over his chocolate muzzle. The stretches of gold across his face curled up as his cheeks formed the smile. She made even the sound of drowning in the lake to be an appealing and fun activity. "I shall try to entertain m'lady then." He paused for a soft breath. "If I am only prolonging my inevitable drowning it shall be worth it." He tossed a bit of his reddish tinged mane from his face- it only last a second before the same tresses slid back over his face.

"I like what I see... why hide that?" Forward. She phrased it like it was a daring act for him to take, something other than normal. But in reality wasn't the opposite so much worse? Hiding away and lieing by omission? Or so Sefu reasoned; he was quite lucky she did not take his forwardness with offense. "Sefu Embre." He introduced with a press of his paw to his chest and slight nod of his head.

@Marisol

12-08-2020, 08:32 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by ResidentRowan

Mari knew she had already put the male under her spell. Maybe not permanently, but she knew she’d made quite the impression. This could prove to be a problem, if he were, say part of a tribe she needed to spy on. Although, she reasoned, there were other infiltrators for a reason. Her eyelashes fluttered dramatically from over her teal eyes, a small, faux enchanted giggle emitting from her lips. Though she wasn’t overly impressed by his speech, he seemed like he was trying, and she appreciated that.

As he spoke his name, her mind rapidly went through names she could use, or had used in the past. Though outwardly there was almost no pause. Should she use her real name? It seemed like this was a man of trust, and if she were to outright lie and he found out later… she smiled again before speaking. “I’m Marisol Barros, Mari is fine.” Her braids seemed to weigh heavily on her scalp. Reminding her not to make a leaf her crew become endangered. “It’s very nice to meet you, Sefu.” The pale lioness approached him more closely, still keeping a bit of distance between them. “I’m curious, are you alone in these lands? Or part of a pride?” She paused, “I myself came to these lands alone.” A lie, yes, but an easy one to keep. If he ever ran into her crew, she could say they were old friends from a pride she’d been part of.

speech
@Sefu

12-15-2020, 01:38 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Sefu,
Prince of Ignis Empire
Played by Twesh

Mari - a sweet word to tickle and settle in his thoughts. So far he had not been scolded or punished for his forwardness and so Sefu was eager, willing, to keep pushing that envelope as far as he could. And so as he began his response to Mari's question he leaned inwards a bit to near his muzzle to her. He was seeking to indulge a bit more in her lovely aura; to lightly brush his muzzle against her flesh and confirm she was real and not a spectre. "My mother holds a kingdom none too far from here." His attention briefly flirted from her and in the direction of Ignis and in there his home. His head moved quickly away and his muzzle jutted off towards the horizon. "Is alone your preference?" Sefu questioned; keenly aware alone as in no pride was quite different than the "I want to always be by myself alone"...
@Marisol

12-15-2020, 11:46 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by ResidentRowan

Oh, poor boy. He thought she was more seriously interested then she was. So was the life of an infiltrator, get just close enough, get your information, and skirt away, giggling. She didn’t move away from his muzzle, but internally, it made her a bit uncomfortable. She really only showed affection to friends, and she hardly knew this fellow. She glanced over her shoulder as he indicated where the pride was, so it was a place held by his mother. Making him a prince… or heir, she was none too sure. The lioness looked back at him smiling, “I do prefer smaller groups to large prides, I must say. How large is your pride?” It was a great question. Numbers, that was always an important thing to report back to the crew about. After all, numbers could describe overall power. The female paused, “do you like being a prince? I imagine it’s hard to take on all that responsibility, especially when you’re a young man.”

speech
@Sefu

12-21-2020, 08:22 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Sefu,
Prince of Ignis Empire
Played by Twesh

Happy, delighted, and entranced Sefu would be happy to answer any question for her. Each second longer he spent with her was more pleasure for him. "Ignis, it's a young pride so still small- mostly family sort of thing. But mother has plans, intentions, you know woman in power that sort of thing." His voice was fanciful and danced a little bit as he spoke but there was no denying he did seem proud of and respectful of his mother even if her dreams were not the ones he had. "You make it sound like I'm two steps away from being an old stick in the mud." Sefu was not one for responsbility anyways... he grinned and his bright lavender eyes twinkled impishly. He was definitely not one to let the burden of responsibility crush him... or come anywhere near him. "I assure you, it's not been all hard. I've quite enjoyed it." Princes got premo nap spots and, don't tell Volcan, he did find he was enjoying the extra time around his mother and getting some attention from her.
@Marisol

12-21-2020, 09:03 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by ResidentRowan

Sefu gave her answers quickly. Of course, he had no reason to distrust her, so it did make sense. He claimed it was a small pride, mostly family. Good, hopefully he wouldn’t try to recruit her just yet. His mother had plans, whether good or bad, Mari knew not. Marisol felt comfortable enough to finally sit, her tail curling around her petite paws.

She chuckled at his next statement, eyes crinkling just slightly in the corners. “That’s not what I meant at all, it’s just hard for me to imagine, I never really had any leadership roles before.” She mused, which was true, sure being a spy was a one up on regular members of the crew but not by much. She was a weapon, not a leader. Mari wasn’t even sure if that was something she wanted. Marisol tilted her head after a few moments, before speaking, “I know many prides like to betrothe their princes, are you in such an arrangement?” Sort of a tip toeing way of asking whether or not he had a partner. It would be nice to know if he had a wife or something who would come and claw Mari’s eyes out, or if they were safe for now.

speech
@Sefu