× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

Little mouse, little mouse, don't play with fire
11-24-2020, 07:32 PM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 07:34 PM by Volcan.)
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

Some just wanted to watch the world burn- and so some did. Abovehead thunder roared and lightning lit up the sly every few seconds, but rain had not yet fallen. Upon a mossy, jutting rock sat an obsidian goddess sat with a bundle of herbs in her maw. Her head was high, her expression stoic but alert as she watched the plains go to ruin. For as quickly as one blinked, lightning struck a lone, rotten tree, setting it ablaze. Bark from the standing acacia flew in every direction, but Volcan was far from the blast radius- just close enough to watch the scene. The fire slowly caught the grass- then rapidly spread in a striaght line, blackening the tips of the savannah foliage. But it only burned for moments before the rain started, heavily at first, quenching the initial blaze, and then to a drizzle, leaving nothing but smoking grass and a tree wiped from the world. Disinterested with the no longer burning fire, the obsidian lady stood, her thick fur drenched, and turned, heading towards a small clump of trees nearby for slight shelter, resting beneath one with a decent canopy.

art by Habitual Nightmare#5003, code by naboo

@Mouse

11-25-2020, 02:28 PM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 11-25-2020, 02:28 PM by Mouse.)
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Ivy

The thunder boomed and roared around her, lightning crackled across the dreary sky all the while. And oh little Mouse was so afraid. She had left her prison of a life behind but it seemed that the world around her was angry with her. Perhaps it was punishing her for escaping her captors. Her small paws carried her swiftly across the plains but immediately she slammed to a halt when a nearby tree was struck, causing a ricochet of bark and twigs around her. She ducked, just barely missing getting hit by the debris. Fire swarmed her, dancing angrily and the young woman cried out with sheer terror. She lurched, running but not really knowing where to run to. Thankfully however the skies opened providing a torrential torrent of rain that put out the fire. She was able to escape the ring of fire that surrounded her but her heart was slamming in her chest with the terror that remained. The rain turned into a drizzle and the smoke simmered around her but still she fled, mud and water kicking up onto her legs and underbelly as she moved. And then up ahead beneath a cluster of trees sat and obsidian woman, much much larger than herself. A giant even but everyone seemed unnaturally large in comparison to Mouse when she was unnaturally small. She froze like a deer caught in headlights, unsure of whether to stay put or turn tail and take off yet again.

@Volcan

""
lineart by oCrystalArt | code by naboo

11-25-2020, 04:42 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

It was much a suprise to Volcan as her ember gaze just barely glanced back towards the smoke that a tiny lioness came out. She was clearly grown, surprisingly, as she was quite small. She was, you could say, adorable. Volcan's own albino child suffered from being extremely small as well, also quite sickly. Perhaps her harmless size is what made the goddess show mercy, and not give even a flicker of aggression as she just glanced away a bit, the young woman standing near her. A large black paw patted the soil at her side. An invitation. It's dryer than out there, little lioness. Come, lay at my side if you wish. she said. Normally she was flirtatious to other women, a display of her confidence. But this one..... she radiated innocence. She was too much like her little one, so she would treat her as if she were related. Not her own cub, of course- but maybe a cousin. The goddesses mind jumbled as she confused herself on how to think of this little berry woman. She didn't know her. But...... So small.

@Mouse

11-25-2020, 05:00 PM - Word count: (This post was last modified: 11-25-2020, 05:00 PM by Mouse.)
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Ivy

Uncertainty plagued her, afraid to go or stay. She was without a compass, without a clue on which direction to go now. Without her captors she could do as she wished but the young woman had no idea how. Immediately her ruby gaze watched as the obsidian woman moved and for a moment she tensed, expecting to be attacked or rebuked. What she wasn't expecting was for her to pat the ground alongside her with a large forepaw. 'It's dryer than out there, little lioness. Come, lay at my side if you wish.' If she wished? Well .. she supposed she was quite cold now wasn't she? Tentatively she moved forwards, closing the distance between them as she moved to take a seat alongside the woman. They were strangers to one another but Mouse was grateful to feel welcomed. "Thank you. Mouse is me." She said softly, her gaze drifitng upward to lock onto the face of the stranger. And who was she? Was she some dark angel that could protect her from this huge scary world she found herself in? She had proven thus far to be nice so Mouse was inclined to stick to her side for now, unless the woman wanted otherwise.

@Volcan

""

11-25-2020, 05:17 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

Volcan smiled warmly, her heart fluttered a little as she settled at the goddess's side. Something about her.... It made her soft.
Thank you. Mouse is me.

She spoke a little odd, but the obsidian lady would not judge. Sometimes those who spoke the common language were not accustomed to it, and so transferring their native language to it was difficult. She didn't jave an easy time herself, but now her and her children spoke it fluently. I'm Volcan, dear Mouse. Are you hurt, from the fire? I was very shocked to see you come from the smoke. she said. Her ember lit eyes idly searched over the berry lady's pelt without moving, searching for any obvious wounds. Something Volcan did know how to do was treat burns, because it required the same medicine she used to protect her little one from the sun.

11-25-2020, 07:50 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Ivy

I'm Volcan, dear Mouse. Are you hurt, from the fire? I was very shocked to see you come from the smoke.' It was almost strange really, that Mouse hadn't been injured from the fire. Some of her fur along the outside had been singed but otherwise she seemed to be in perfect health. "I'm okay I think." She responded quietly, being sure not to make eye contact with Volcan lest she get angry with her. "Is the weather always angry here?" She asked her then, wondering if this was the life she would now have to become accustomed to. Thus far it seemed that everything had a strong dislike for her which only made her even more uneasy about being out on her own.

@Volcan

""

11-25-2020, 09:34 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

An internal sigh of relief was given from Volcan, but not a physical one. Almost like she were holding her breath silently, and let it go after a long time. It is good to hear you are not wounded. But if you were, I would be able to help you. I have a child that I love so dearly, quite close in size to you, that I create a cream for. They are albino, so very sensitive to the sun. she said. She always had the heart to talk about her precious one, the child who would always need her care, who couldn't afford to push their dear mother away. When me and my brood traveled here, it was not. So I believe it changes, the season's bring either storms or drought. Not much of an in between, i imagine. But one could only learn with time. Tell me, little Mouse, does a delicate lioness like you have anyone to travel with? she asked.

@Mouse

11-28-2020, 03:48 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Ivy

It was comforting sitting alongside the obsidian woman. Mouse felt safe next to her, she also felt like it was easier for her to melt into the background with someone as striking as Volcan nearest to her. ' It is good to hear you are not wounded. But if you were, I would be able to help you. I have a child that I love so dearly, quite close in size to you, that I create a cream for. They are albino, so very sensitive to the sun.' Her ears swiveled, listening closely as Volcan spoke of her child. Mouse was curious, after all she had never had any siblings. Hell she had never seen cubs before and could hardly remember anything good from her own childhood. "So you can fix others?" She asked her softly then, her mind wandering all the while. 'When me and my brood traveled here, it was not. So I believe it changes, the season's bring either storms or drought. Not much of an in between, i imagine. But one could only learn with time. Tell me, little Mouse, does a delicate lioness like you have anyone to travel with?' Traveling, someone to travel with. She didn't have someone like that, and in this instance perhaps it was a bad thing but it was what had given Mouse her freedom. "No, I'm alone." She informed her, continuing to stare down at her paws as the smoke began to settle around them.

@Volcan

""

11-29-2020, 10:16 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Empress of Ignis Empire
Played by Karasu

Volcan's mind shifted into the oblivion for a moment, spacing into the unknown of thoughts.
So you fix others?

Did she? The goddess created a concoction that her child would rib on the fur and nose, but it only keeper them from getting a sunburn, and sometimes stopped the burns from feeling as painful as they were. But otherwise.... She was no help. She was strong, she could hunt and fight for others, and more for her children but.... She did not save lives like medics or shamans. She was not that advanced. So did.... She fix others? Sometimes, it seemed more like she caused breaking more than being able to repair. I..... Sort of. To a limited point. I'm not a medic, but im a protecter, a leader, and a mother. I may not be able to heal as well as others, but I fight and hunt for those I'm responible for. she said, her ember gaze finally cutting back to Mouse.
No, im alone.

She sighed, her gaze sympathetic. Would you prefer to be at anothers side?

@Mouse