× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

george & lennie
11-13-2020, 03:37 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by violetta

I want to be alone,
Alone with you — does that make sense?
trekking through the woodland, helayne felt the muscles in her body relax. she felt anonymous among the trees, her curly brown fur an occasional flash, blending well with the scenery. it wasn't often that she let herself unwind in a strange land. the woman had been travelling for so long, since the moment she reached adulthood. spring felt like it was eons ago, a sore that she rarely tapped - preferred to pretend didn't exist. she didn't have a history, and dwelling on that blank space was unreasonable. helayne was a nomad. best to keep it that way.

having cleared that mental block up - the sense that she could get comfortable, (ridiculous) - the lioness continued moving through the fog, taking little care to mask the sound of her steps. there was such a heavy gloom, shadows were littered everywhere, who would search her out anyway?

Photo by Polina Kuzovkova on Unsplash

11-13-2020, 03:49 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Blue,
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Plymouth

Blue had no particular destination in mind. Her belly was full of fish, her mind unoccupied with woes of pride politics, she had nowhere to be. She was only beholden to herself. Indeed, she hadn't even felt the pull of wanting to talk to anyone from that deep instinctual place in her gut. It was a lovely feeling. To be all on her own with no worries. She felt like she could breathe without a care. It was so foreign but so welcome!

Her paws carried her to a new destination this time, a thickly wooded forest that she couldn't help but think about would be full of prey. Perhaps she should chock this one down as a "have to come back to" for future reference. This place and the ocean. Both would be able to provide her with food for a while.

If only it wasn't so foggy here...

The wind was against her, not allowing her to smell what was laid out before here. Her ears were full of the sound of native fauna so perhaps it wasn't surprising when the woman nearly stumbled right upon the minuscule lioness. The tiny creature was the strangest lioness she'd ever seen. Was she truly a lion and not something else? Her fur was curly and she was so small. Blue's head tilted to the side and her normally impassive features clearly showed confusion. Until she remembered her manners and said, "Sorry." What might have been a small bump to someone else could probably knock this little one over. "...You a lion?" Because tact wasn't exactly her native tongue.

268| @Helayne | notes

"Whatever it takes,"
I love the adrenaline in my veins

Lion © Michael Rodock | Coding & Manip © Plymouth

11-13-2020, 05:03 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by violetta

I want to be alone,
the woodlands were perfect, she was sure of it. despite not wanting to stay for long, she couldn't stop walking. helayne wanted to scout the perimenter, find if there were any signs of lion activity. her eyes and nose were down, gaze adjusting to the darkness. busy scanning the area, rather than looking out for danger.

it wasn't every day that she was nearly knocked over.

well, that wasn't the truth. many things threatened her sense of balance. it wasn't easy bringing down large prey, and the small woman avoided battles whenever possible. still, she wasn't easily frightened. when you were her size, you couldn't be, or you'd live in a constant state of fear. so, she didn't startle when blue's steps came close to stepping on her. the woman took many steps back, eyebrows fretted and gaze quickly darting up to meet the stranger's, then glancing away. they, she?, appeared to have a look of confusion upon her features. her tail thrashed in response. helayne didn't think she was the strangest sight around, and how well could she be seen among the fog? wasn't that what nearly got her squished trampled on in the first place? forgiven, is her automatic response. it leaves her mouth before she can think it over, and like that, the issue is dropped. do i really look that odd? it was genuine question. she never had a reason to doubt her lionhood. it was never questioned. her size was used against her, but never as a way to instill doubt. i have everything a lion should, and more, probably. her mouth shut again, lips pressed thin.

11-15-2020, 12:41 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Blue,
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Plymouth

"Do I really look that odd?" In the grand scheme of things with all of the lions of different shapes, colors, and fur lengths... not really but to the rather sheltered Blue to see one so small and with fur with such long curls... it was astonishing and outside of what she projected to be normal. However, she could expand her mind and get used to such things. Maybe lions from around here had different adaptations, after all. "To me." But, probably only to her. She could recognize that.

And more?

Well, she had more sass than plenty of lions that she knew. The blue feline could respect that. "Fair enough." Was what she said with a shrug, accepting the strange new being with not much fanfare. Curly small lions, sure. Why not? "Just... never seen anyone like you before." She attempted to explain to the woman before her... and then because she felt as if it was warranted. "Name's Blue. You?" Would she have an interesting name as well?

170| @Helayne | notes

"Whatever it takes,"

11-15-2020, 03:36 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by violetta

I want to be alone,
'to me.' helayne wasn't the most secure woman. at least, not when it came to her own image of herself. for years, she lived in the shadows of others, then lived under shadows. so, she'd be the first to admit that she had insecure tendencies, it was the hand she was dealt. it's not as if the lioness had many opportunities to build a strong sense of self. the biggest help had been traveling on her own; depending on herself to get fed and find the safest possible place to rest. helayne did that on her own - no scraps accepted or begging necessary. long story short, she was unconfident - working on it, but still jumpy.

it was no surprise to her that the comment spun her for a moment. 'to me', that replayed in the woman's head. at least you don't seem to be the lying type. hela laughed, and for her? that was progress.

i'm your first then? i'm flattered. the smallest grin pulled at her lips. blue seemed to say everything plainly. no fanfare, poetry, or dishonesty necessary. helayne needed that, it didn't relax her, but it came dangerously close. her grin turned into a hint of a frown. i'm helayne blanc. preferably, just helayne. she said, not bothering to dip her head. apparently, she was oddly small enough to blue. how long have you been in the area? i arrived yesterday.

@Blue

11-15-2020, 05:27 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Blue,
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Plymouth

"At least you don't seem to be the lying type." The blue woman made a noise somewhere between a snort and a huff, the closest to a laugh that the woman usually got. "Lying is for pussies." The ones that couldn't handle saying it like it was or tried to sugarcoat things. For what? The truth always eventually got out. Why dance around the truth like a wimp? Lying for gain? Blue hated it and tried not to do so unless absolutely necessary which wasn't the case here.

Hmph, and there was more of that sass. In some lions she may have been annoyed but for this one... well, it amused her. It seemed like she was so confident. Was that a sex joke that she'd done? Blue wasn't the quickest on the uptake for such things but she could recognize a joke for when it was said. The lioness gave another of those strange huffs of amusement. "Should be." The gal played along with her but in her straight delivery manner. Face didn't change expression and there was no smile upon her face.

Helayne. She stored the name away in her memory banks while she listened to the woman's questions. "'Bout a week or two. Not seen any natives. Strange, that." She gave a noncommittal shrug to her first sentence. The woman hadn't stopped to ponder it but it was a little strange that she had yet to meet any lions that were from this area. Maybe she'd run into some eventually.

253| @Helayne | notes

"Whatever it takes,"

11-15-2020, 05:44 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by violetta

I want to be alone,
'lying is for pussies', helayne's brows rose sharply for a moment, then she snorted. there was that small smile. she was very smiley around this blue woman. shy? she was that with everybody, it felt odd to be so casually joking. this lioness made huffing and grunting sounds, often, but she wasn't aggressive, so hela didn't feel off-put by it. "agreed," but the petite lioness had no issue lying. to ensure her safety? she would've told several lies to blue by now if it meant she left the situation unscathed. then again, helayne was no hero. nor was she brave. she was out for herself, plain and simple, she didn't want to cause harm though. she couldn't help but wonder if blue would be disgusted by that explanation.

her features screwed up in confusion. where were all the natives? where were the prides? she's already met other lions, helayne was certain there were likely enough to population a good chunk of territory. "I'm not sure there are even prides in this land. I haven't come across any marked territories." Her gaze went to stare at colorful foliage. Helayne clearly wasn't the first to venture into this land. Were there not courageous settlers about? Was nobody trying to make a civilization? "I have no interest in joining a pride, but that's odd.." She looked back at Blue for her input.

@Blue

11-16-2020, 03:11 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Blue,
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Plymouth

Ah, well, at least the other lioness agreed with her. If she hadn't? Well, Blue wouldn't exactly care very much. They could each have their own opinions about things and it didn't badger her either way if another lion disagreed with her. Still, it was always nice when you found someone who did agree with your opinions and wouldn't argue with you about them. That, at least, was a breath of fresh air from what she was used to. The lions around here just kept exceeding expectations.

Or maybe her expectations were just really low.

Regardless, she liked the tiny lion so far. "Same." She said in reply when the other lioness spoke about the lack of prides. Blue hadn't come across any claimed territories either. "Found some pirates... not really a pride though." She expounded a bit as she thought back on the Captain Rue.

The other lioness spoke more and then seemed to be waiting for her own input. Ah, hadn't expected that but she did have opinions on the matter. "Will join a pride if a good one pops up." One where the members weren't assholes were a start. It was easier to come by food that way and if you were injured at least someone could help you. Right now, she was just playing things by ear. "Maybe we aren't looking in the right spots." She hadn't explored every square inch of this place but surely since it seemed so promising there had to be some prides that had staked their claims here.

"Maybe they were wiped out..." Her version of a joke... sort of. A morbid one that after she said out loud, seemed more ominous than she'd intended.

What if this place was hiding some sort of secret?

294| @Helayne | notes

"Whatever it takes,"

11-16-2020, 03:43 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by violetta

meet me in the pale moonlight
in all honesty, helayne had no idea what a pirate was, so she decided to gloss over that information. no matter what though, she refused to willingly join a pride. there were many ways she could be forced. those that hit too close to home, others that were just plain barbaric. the loss of freedom overrode any benefits in her eyes. the woman still respected blue's views though. it was all a matter of consent. others could make decisions that benefited them without her judgment. although, would be nice to have a travelling companion. one that she could trust to look over her shoulder, and vice versa, without the oppressive feeling of having a king hovering above.

i have no idea how long this land stretches. we could be exploring it for months, she exhaled softly. did she mind staying for too long? no, it was partly the adventure that made her so eager to leave her homeland. if she minded having to walk then she truly wasn't a lion. helayne could wait. she'd bide her time to see what would happen. it'd annoy her to miss out on what could become an amazing story to tell her children.

if that's a possibility, does that make us fools for continuing to stay?

@Blue | words | notes

Photo by Hunter So on Unsplash

11-16-2020, 03:54 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Blue,
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Plymouth

Blue let out a thoughtful grunt as the other's woman words poured over her. Months? "Got nothing better to do. Nor anywhere else to be." She said with a nonchalant shrug. It was the truth, the blue lioness was out a pride at this point and because of that had nothing else that was more pressing to do. So what if she wandered for months? So long as she had food in her belly, that was fine with her. Besides, she was interested to see all the different places this new land had to offer.

Could she do that in a pride? Not like it mattered since there didn't seem to be any. Besides, she didn't have to jump at the first offer that she found.

"Perhaps." She said in reply to the woman's second question. Maybe they were all fools and they didn't realize it yet. "Curious fools." A brief pause and then, "Educated fools?" Because at that point they'd have found out what horrible thing befell the prides... even if it cost them their life they would have learned something.

Regardless, she did wonder what mystery this place, this Aesseldar had in store. "Interested to explore. All the same." She admitted to the other lioness, the tiny Helayne that she was... oddly okay with having around.

218| @Helayne | notes

"Whatever it takes,"