× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

I Will Burn Your Kingdom Down
11-08-2020, 06:48 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Sheena

She listened with undivided attention to see what he would say, if he knew of any other of their family that was here. She did not have to wait long before he offered up two names, names she stored away for later use. Neither name sounded familiar to her, but he did not need to know that nor know why that was. It was her secret, her shame to keep. A slight disappointment filled her when those two names were the only ones he listed, for she had hoped that names her mother had mentioned as she grew up would have been listed as well. Yet she hides this disappointment, and simply nods to signal she heard him. He asks then about her father, and she can not hold back the grin that spreads across her face.

The memory of finding him here filtered to the top of her mind and she nodded. “Yes, my Da is here as well. He will be thrilled to know others are here.” She had asked her Da if he knew of any Tollaire who were here and he had not, had said there was a chance they had found their way here and he had been correct. “What do you think of these lands? I find the few I have explored to be pleasant.” Thus far the locals had not caused her any trouble, and the lands themselves were for the most part, beautiful.

“Speech”
html by castlegraphics; image by Sanctuare

@Drakon

11-08-2020, 06:56 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Azzy

Words "Speech"

So, Vermillion was here. It caused Drakon to rumble in approval, in pride to know that his brother was still around. To have a male around would be a good change of pace for Drakon as he had found nothing but sisters or nieces before. Granted that was the same with him now, but at least he knew that Vermillion was here. "Do you know where he is staying? I'd like to see my brother." It would be nice. A good change for him. Though when asked about the lands here, Drakon's amber jewels moved through the surrounding areas that he had grown known to. "Much different than my old home but pleasant. At least Hecuba still has her ocean view." In the long run, that had been one of his many concerns.

@Wokabi

image by frida bredesen | art by irish

11-08-2020, 07:07 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Sheena

She could not put into words how thrilled she felt with first finding her father and now an apparent uncle, as well as learnining other kin were here. So she remained silent, waiting to see what his opinion of the lands were. While she had not explored all of them, the ones she had found were nice. She had even kinda joined a pride though she still needed to speak with Barnabas about leaving if her Da wished to settle elsewhere. She did not know where her Da wanted to put down roots but she knew where she had left him to go explore, and it had made sense to her. Ma had told her they lived in a crater, so finding her father in the Calderon Waste made sense in a weird way. “He was in the Calderon Waste when I left to explore some more... the place with the towering rock piles? ”

She did not know if he was still there, however, but perhaps it would give Drakon a lead. “I must admit, I do not remember my birthlands.” She said, glancing around them at the ocean – which was a beautiful view – and towards the inland. “I can understand why she would like the ocean view, it is beautiful. ” She herself was drawn to water, and thus why she had been excited to explore the shoreline.

“Speech”

@Drakon

11-08-2020, 07:18 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Azzy

Words "Speech"

Ears twitched as Drakon would glance towards the two towers that were not far from here. Perhaps he would go there after this and go looking for his brother, see what he wanted to do. Drakon knew that he was going to be going for a pride. To begin setting the foundation for the Tollaire to grow their empire all over again and grow stronger than before. But Vermillion was older, if not by only a year, and Drakon respected him. "I'll go there next then. When we are done." He wouldn't be rude and leave in mid conversation. He was mean but not like that. "Oh the land I speak of isn't my birthplace. My homeland was a desert with Oasis here and there. The lands I'm coming from now are different, though ruined now." And he didn't want to really talk about it.

@Wokabi

11-08-2020, 07:54 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Sheena

Her own gaze followed his and noticed the two towering well towers near by and nodded, yup that was where she had left her Da. Hopefully he was still there when Drakon went, if not she would feel a little bit bad for having sent him on a wild goose chase. “I did not leave him that long ago, so he should still be there.” It hadnt taken her too long to get to the ocean from the towers, so it made sense that he should be there. Unless he - like she had - had gone to explore the lands.

Ahhh so he had lived in two different places, the one had been a desert with oasis'. It kinda sounded like a place her Ma had been born into, but she knew from her Ma telling her that those lands were ruined. Were those the lands he spoke of? She does not question him though, but simply moves on. “Do you think the family will all want to live together? Ma said they did when she was younger.” She had been told that most of the Tollaire had resided in the crater. If they did, she definitely needed to talk to Barnabas.

“Speech”

@Drakon

11-08-2020, 08:26 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Azzy

Words "Speech"

It was good to know that he may still be there but if he wasn't then Drakon would only try to find his scent and follow it. There were many things that Drakon wanted to talk to Vermillion about. Though at the mention of the family living together, Drakon gave her a soft chuckle. Now that he knew she was family there was a softer side - though very small - to him. "I do hope so. My mother told me all Tollaire lived under our father's reign and I hope that they would do the same." They were all family after all and though they were stronger as an individual, they were stronger together.

@Wokabi

11-08-2020, 10:44 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Sheena

As he confirmed that he hoped all the Tollaire would live together in one land, she could only nod. So his mother had told him the same thing her mother had told her, that they had all lived together under her grandfather. “I wonder if my father will want to.” If her father wanted to live together with the Tollaire she would go, which she was almost sure he would want to be surrounded by family after being separated from them. But would he want to be around her after she told him it was her fault that her mother was not here? “There is someone I must speak to, someone I promised i'd join their pride before I found Da. It was nice to meet you, Uncle Drakon.” She grinned at him then, for the first time in a long time. A real, genuine grin. She would stand then, waiting to see if he bid her goodbye before walking off if he did.

-exit?-

“Speech”

11-19-2020, 01:24 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lion of Prideless
Played by Azzy

Words "Speech"

"I'm sure he will want to and I would hope that you will to." TO have all Tollaire under one crown. On one land. That was how it was meant to be and how it would always be. However, Drakon also knew that there were some that wanted to branch off and he'd be fine with that as long as their loyalty always remained with the Tollaire Clan and that only. However, it seemed that their visitation would be cut short and Drakon would dip his head to her as she would begin to leave and in turn; himself.

-exit