× Guidebook Characters Accountlist Calendar Atlas Shop Search Discord
Hello There, Guest!

out of character
1/1/2021 Staff
Happy 2021 to all! Big thank you for hanging out and being awesome for the first two-ish months of the site. It's been fun so far, looking forwards to a lot this year! If you haven't seen, after a delay, the last day of the advent can be claimed now (here). You have three choices for your last advent prize including a second chance at a creature pass. That's right we have creatures coming to Aesseldar now! Be sure to check the announcement for any rule clarifications if you're interested. Last big bit of news we do have our light layout "in the mist" ready to be used. There will still be tweaks and color changes coming in the next week or so by the fantastic dusk so don't be afraid if things look a little different.

12/15/2020 Staff
Congratulations to Zay for winning the pride raffle with Runar! Welcome our new pride, Adamo Autumna! Don't forget to keep posting in the advent to claim your awesome prizes, and within the next few days you'll see some additional posts cropping up in the ooc areas. We'd love some feedback on the site and will be adding an area for feedback and suggestions. We will also be adding a thread to post all your open threads. Another fantastic surprise is that Koafox (some of you may know her as Miranda from other sites) has said we are welcome to use their table switcher plugin. As soon as I get the files we will be integrating that into the site for everyone to enjoy!

12/7/2020 Staff
TWO news posts back to back my oh my stuff must be brewing! We wanted to let everyone know that the third pride slot has opened. Unlike the other slots we wanted to give everyone a chance to go for it as well, so we'll be raffling it! In order to enter the raffle please DM an admin or the Eoin account with your OOC and which character you'd like to enter the raffle with. The only requirement that has to be met is that the character must be 2 years of age or older (meaning that number of posts and feathers doesn't matter). So get your entries in, the more the merrier as we head into the new year! The other exciting news is that our neutral/lighter colored layout will be out by the end of the year, thanks to the lovely dusk!

12/5/2020 Staff
Thank you so much everyone for a fantastic first month opening. We wanted to thank you all and let you know that we've decided to extend the grand opening bonuses for one more week, so you can bring in your first three characters free through 12/11! In other news our first contests have started and we couldn't be more excited! You may participate in the following, if you haven't already partaken: Advent Calendar, Superlatives, Advertising Contest, OTMs, and the Writing Contests. We'll be releasing another update soon with some super fun surprises, but some of Eoin's events have drawn to an end and it appears some new boards may start popping up! Expect to see more of Eoin, as well as some adjustment to the event threads, for some of the future boards as well!

11/28/2020 Staff
As we bring another week to close we'd like to welcome everyone to participate in our first contest! The Advertising contest is up and provides some really great rewards, as well as participation rewards! Coming soon are the first set of OTMs and superlatives, a writing contest, a sneak peak at our more refined skills system, and a few other small updates. Happy weekend everyone!

11/19/2020 Staff
Thank you everyone for having joined us so far for our site opening and help us grow our community. We have had so many wonderful suggestions, and while we are processing some things and working on the skills, we wanted to let you all know that the OTMs and superlatives are coming! Keep an eye out soon for those. Also it appears that Eoin has been wandering around Aesseldar and may be up to no good... best get checking on his apperances for some good old fashion fun, and maybe even a sweet surprise!

11/4/2020 Staff
Welcome everyone to the grand opening of Aesseldar! We are excited to open our doors and build a community with all of you. As we being our journey together we would love you all to read through the grand opening thread, and remember that while we're transitioning into the start of this, we still have a few fantastic surprises coming. Our skill system is underway and we hope to have that out by the end of November, we would also love to have you all in the Discord with us and welcome any and all suggestions and feedback to help us improve the site! We have a number of things still to come, including a lighter colored layout, accessories in the shop, and would love to remind everyone that the top right series of three vertical dashes will open up the sidebar. In order to reference what IC month it is you will find the calendar link in the sidebar. Happy posting!

in character
12/15/2020 Eoin
With three new terrains open and a third pride staking a claim once more, our mischievous deity Eoin appears to be up to no good again. The quake that cracked open the mountain and closed it once more was felt around the lands, and three new terrains popped open. Tryphosa Shore now has an Atoll sub-board, and there is a Desert and a Rift board. Several more will be coming... but first Eoin will make an impression.

11/17/2020 Eoin
The rainforest trembles, as if fighting back against those who dare to occupy it. The lands of Aesseldar are still only half-tamed, unfettered and unwilling to give way to any aspiring King, any growing empire. And just as quick as King Barnabas came to lay claim to it did it begin to push back, forcing his fledgling pride out with an unforgiving downpour, and a bitter resentment of the creatures that dwell within. With one pride felled, it leaves the opportunity for another to rise from the ashes.

11/4/2020 Eoin
It happened on a hot, humid night. No one there to witness it. Somewhere, surely, it could be heard. The start of a crack. The sound vibrating from mountain top to valley dips. It was a long and dreadful noise. Somewhere in the mountains, somehow, one of the peaks had collapsed. An impassible tower of sharpened points- gone. Snow, with the hidden rocks from the destruction, slid down the slopes that were formed by ages. A wave of white forced outward to cover all below. At first it is still much too dangerous to traverse. But with time the new ground settles and with it comes- a pass. On the other side awaits a land untouched by the curious paws. The lands of Aesseldar have been revealved and somewhere down below three pridelands sit empty, awaiting for eager travelers to start staking their claims. Please refer to the grand opening announcement for information on how to claim a pride slot and fully customize it, since there are some grand opening bonuses or exceptions that are not referenced in the guidebook! We would also love to let everyone know that any official in-character news that gets posted in this "in-character" section of the layout is going to be considered common knowledge for any character in-game. Consider it like an in-character bulletin board! We will keep it updated with relevant and applicable information and hope it helps inspire your plots.

Spring Y11
With spring the clouds begin to disperse and the warmer weather begins and new life blooms. With new lands having been discovered there is a plethora of places for the lions to explore and yet somehow that mischievous site deity never seems to stop bringing the surprises, some of which include occasional inclement weathers. Temps varying between 45°-80°F (7°-27°C).

This Is My Shelter
11-06-2020, 07:30 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Sheena

Water, it had always been a comfort to her for as long as she could remember, it made her feel closer to those she had lost. Be it those who passed or those who were no longer in her life. Water had always made her feel home. Perhaps it traced back to the fact she had been born in a Oasis, or perhaps it was because water was her mothers favorite spot. Whatever it was, it was soothing to her, comforting. She always found herself drawn to it, and now was no different. While exploring these new lands, taking a break from her constant fleeing she found herself drawn to the bright blue lake.

Carefully she moves across the rocky beaches, drawn closer and closer to the edge of the water. Until finally she reaches it but does not stop there. No instead she continues walking into the water until it comes midway up her frame, soaking the coat that is submerged and lapping at her sides with each breath. Only then does she stop, staring out towards the center of the lake and watching the mountains in the background reflect off the surface. It was peaceful here, unlike the war going on inside her head.

"Speech Here"
Design by Sheena, Ref by ale-tie, code by naboo

@Erenvel

11-07-2020, 04:43 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Naboo

The footing beneath her toes occasionally rolled about as the gravel spread beneath her weight, claws tractioning into the soil and keeping her well enough balanced. Celandine colored eyes wandered around the land until she spotted a distant shape treading into the waters of the lake. Though the temperatures had begun dropping and the brisk chill had travelled from the northern lands south, it might still be okay for a quick dip. Without sharing the eagerness of the lioness before her, she prowled the outer rim, darkened muzzle rippling lightly as her reptilian tongue slide across their surface, stopping around her nose and drawing back in to her cavernous jaws, rooting the air for the brief taste of dust and pine that lingered. With each step the hair of her mane rattled lightly against her face, alternating between the rusty strands that were interwoven with the maroon, when she reached the point of shore closest to the lioness interest piqued lightly within her eyes, nostrils thinning as her ears pulled back slightly in surprise.

It took a moment but finally she cleared her throat, her voice, and even she herself, had matured a lot since their last encounter. "Brighid.. is that you?" A friendly face among a sea of strangers would be nice.

@Brighid
art by ki-re, code by naboo

11-07-2020, 02:31 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Sheena

While it was chilly, and her body shivered within the waters – slowly warming .. or perhaps she was adjusting to the temperature – she remained there, staring blankly at the scene before her. Watching as the trees along the edge of the lake rustled with the wind that blew through the lands. Ears flickered, listening to the birds chirp and leaves rustle. Sounds that soothed her, relaxed her. Yet, it was not until a voice called out her name did she even blink. Slowly, her head turned in the direction of the voice. Her once flawless face now covered in scars, as was her body. It took her several seconds of simply blankly staring before her mind clicked. Erenvel! Her mind screamed, and she moved then. Turning slowly in the water until she was once again facing the shore.

If Erenvel was here – if this was not her mind playing some cruel trick on her – did that mean others she knew were? Did it mean … Verm was here? "Erenvel." She greeted, mud-dipped limbs carrying her from the waters and back onto the rocky shores. Claws flexing into the gravel before being retracted once more. "Are you really here?" Or had she died in that lake back there? Did she let herself drown? Anti-climatic end to her story if she had. Despite the thoughts that this was merely a trick, she could not help the joy at seeing a friendly face.

"Speech Here"

@Erenvel

11-13-2020, 04:05 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Naboo

Much like in the past seeing Brighid invoked emotions within her that had always been a mystery to her. In part she felt a sort of jealousy - tempering her own ire at the fact that Vermillion had chosen her, not because she wanted him, no, that was her brother, but merely because she couldn't control this emotion. It was as though she didn't want to share, but she also had wanted him to be happy. The conflict rose within her once more upon seeing Brighid, but she also saw a friend; how, how could she feel both and feel so betrayed by her own emotions? Her father would dismiss her fragile emotional state, but she felt her mother may be more sympathetic if not offer a solution to rid her of that feeling, to help her overcome that weakness within her. Her name being called out thought brought her back from her silent reverie, offering a slow and wicked grin in return to her question, edges of her eyes pulling back and narrowing from the effort of her lips as her voice was reinvigorated once more. "The one and only, unless I've got a doppelganger I should know about."

The hint of sarcasm just like before, though there was surprisingly no malice in there, instead her mind wandered and she hoped - no matter how distant it was - that perhaps Vermillion would be here. "What are you doing here? Are you alone?" A vague enough question, prying just enough, though not building herself up enough to get her hopes crushed, no, she wouldn't let herself suffer more than she had these past few years already.

@Brighid

11-13-2020, 07:18 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Sheena

The longer she stands there the more it sinks in that yes, yes it is Erenvel standing there before her. Flesh and blood and whole. There, she was no longer alone in these lands as she now had a friend here as well. For despite their age difference she did indeed view the younger female as a friend. Long ago she had sworn her loyalty to their family, back before even she and Verm fell in love. Back when she had met Vedette, back when she was welcomed into their home. Back when they became her family – for she did view them as such – and so now the relief she felt at seeing one of them there, the hope she felt. It was nearly overwhelming. Even the sarcasm that was noteable in her friends voice when she spoke, was a welcomed thing. It drew a smile and small chuckle from the Vampire. "It is good to see you, Erenvel. I have missed you."

She had missed her friend, she had missed every one of them every single day. She moves then, closing the distance between them slightly. Making it easier for them to converse, as Eren asks the one question that caused her heart to clench and drop at the same time. Was she here alone? "Looking for a new place to call home, to settle down. Find safety. Sadly, I am alone." She confirms, her gaze locked on Erens face. "What about you, is anyone else with you?" Was there anyone else she knew here? Was Verm?

"Speech Here"

@Erenvel

11-21-2020, 05:02 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Naboo

Humor was a strange outlet for her emotions, for what she felt. There was such conflict arising within her, the volatility that she was so known for, that explosiveness that simmered just beneath the surface ever ready to boil over and consume. Though now... she felt some sort of relief, as though a piece of the past had followed and it was most welcome indeed. A friend... a friend. She had not had many of those, her own doing really, but for a moment she softened her eyes as Brighid closed the distance and she herself moved forward to close what little of it remained, offering a bump of her skull against her chin before reclaiming her mantle upon the stone. "I've missed you too Brighid - and I'm not saying that just because i'm worn from travel." A sheepish and partially wicked grin spread across her lips, for her reputation had always arrived at the party before her in the past.

"I traveled alone, though I catch scent of Arsynia and a few others here, but I could not confirm it yet." She didn't know if she'd know who Arsynia was, or if perhaps she'd have a vague idea, maybe she'd take it as just a family member, but Vermillion's name could not work its way to her lips as they subconsciously tightened. "How long have you been here?"

@Brighid

11-27-2020, 03:35 PM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Sheena

It was a strange experience standing there before her friend, after so many years of them being apart. After everything she had gone through – alone – and come out the other side from. It was a strange thing, but welcomed. Even as Eren joked about her reputation. It was true, she did have a reputation as did some others but they had never been anything but welcoming to her, from the first day she had met Vedette. Erens comment causes a smirk to spread across her pale face, before she shakes her head fondly. "I'm pleased to here it is not merely exhaustion that made ya miss me." She teased, trying to keep their reunion light hearted and not heavy. She felt the absence of each and every one of them while she was trapped in Romans pride, trapped and beaten. It was them and her daughters who kept her going, the determination to flee from him and find her family.

Of course, she would never admit this to any of them, expect perhaps Verm if she ever found him. For he was her best friend and confidant, the one she told everything to. Hearing though that Eren had travelled alone saddened her, for that did not guarantee any others to be here. Yet as she mentioned a name she was not familiar with, she shrugged it off mentally as another member of the Tollaire. After all, they had been growing in number when she was separated from them all. "I followed my daughters scent here, but you are the first i've seen." Oh how she longed to see her daughter, or any other tollaires. "Hopefully we are all reunited soon." She missed living amongst them, safe and secure all of them in one spot. "Nearly a month. I've mostly kept to myself, but I have discovered a oddly marked lioness who has become my traveling companion. Volcan is her name." She informed Eren, knowing that if the Tollaire were here, if they were finding their way here... they would need allies. Thus far, Volcan seemed strong enough.

"Speech Here"

@Erenvel

12-15-2020, 04:23 AM - Word count:
  Reply   |  
Lioness of Prideless
Played by Naboo

She couldn't stop questioning her own intention and now her well-being. There were so many moments which she felt like the world had collapsed her and like a phoenix she'd risen from the ashes, only now to wonder if she could do it again. There would be little left in the wake of her fury, and more now than ever in the tumultuous curves of her rage she found more and more outlet. There was instability and insatiability, the more she wreaked havoc the more she wanted for herself, and it was making it to the point that she could hardly keep that duality of herself secret. Eventually they would catch her, they would find her destroying everything they'd built, and she felt like she could no longer quell that storm. The tempest was rising and though her eyes stared almost warmly towards Brighid, the rage swelled even in the face of a friend. She didn't understand why she could feel such conflicting emotions when internally she cared for Brighid and entrusted her dearly, but it was the fear of failure - like once with Vermillion - that was making her question whether it wasn't her unraveling the strands of her own life.

"Your... daughter?" There was a distant and somewhat surprised smile, and she felt pangs of guilt at herself. "Tell me about her, what is her name? Perhaps I may find her here myself." But another interesting topic came up, and while speaking of allies she found herself more interested in the idea that the Tollaire would rise once more. Their ascent was inevitable, but she felt that their success may be doomed from the start if she could not get herself under control; but the calamity grew ever larger. "Tell me more about Volcan. What does she look like? We will need allies for sure, if they are suitable." There was that poignant democracy that Smaug had held, the one quip of a tongue that solidified the prowess of mind that she occasionally possessed.

@Brighid